• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This may be the worst Braves' team ever..

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least you're off the brain dead act.
The early moves were for prospects, not many were projected to be ready in 2017.
Colon and Dickie were basement moves, there is almost no value between them other than as spot fillers.
The organization is long on pitching prospects, but early returns are not great. There are several really good infield prospects, led by Albies, but very little projected power and we're light on outfield prospects.
I see a possible also ran faux contender by 2019, but there are far too many holes in the pipeline to be very confident.
Also the claimed plan to use profits from Cobb to bump up payroll was a con, the project has split from The Braves and Liberty is not going to use the mixed-use project money for The Braves, payroll will remain mid-pack while the real money is shipped back to Denver.
So maybe the team will add a good free agent or 2 at some point, but success will have to come from what we see coming through the system, and I think it might be overrated.

For the last fucking time, pay the fuck attention. I'm not big on the Dickey signing.

But Colon was a very good signing as both mentor and a serviceable starter.

I don't see how you can say the early returns are not great on the pitching prospects when Aaron Blair showed vast improvement last season and Folty was arguably the team's best pitcher the second half of last season. I hate to break it to you, but you don't don't get ranked the number 1 farm system in baseball by having a bunch of duds.

We might not have a ton of outfield prospects, but the 3 starters now are the plan for at least the next couple of years, with Inciarte being the long term plan in center.

But what you're saying success is gonna have to come the way this team found success before? With a few good free agent signings and a strong farm system?

It's clear to me you don't really follow this team other than a few newspaper headlines.

And why are you posting under an alt account, @TeddyJackEddy ?

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... you don't don't get ranked the number 1 farm system in baseball by having a bunch of duds.

Actually I find the principle of rating a farm system to be a joke. I don't want my farm "system" to be good. I want good players to come from the farm system. That might be one or two guys every other year.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better record than the Blue Jays!!

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched all those horrible Braves teams of the 80's (excluding '82 and '83) and this team is no where near as bad. 88, 89 and 90 where horrific, but at least in '90 they were developing their young arms for the start of the historical run in '91.

'88 was probably the worst Braves team I can remember watching.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
worse braves team was the 35 boston braves lost 115 games
worse atlanta team was 88 loss 106
this team is on pace for 121 losses:suds:

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the last fucking time, pay the fuck attention. I'm not big on the Dickey signing.

But Colon was a very good signing as both mentor and a serviceable starter.

I don't see how you can say the early returns are not great on the pitching prospects when Aaron Blair showed vast improvement last season and Folty was arguably the team's best pitcher the second half of last season. I hate to break it to you, but you don't don't get ranked the number 1 farm system in baseball by having a bunch of duds.

We might not have a ton of outfield prospects, but the 3 starters now are the plan for at least the next couple of years, with Inciarte being the long term plan in center.

But what you're saying success is gonna have to come the way this team found success before? With a few good free agent signings and a strong farm system?

It's clear to me you don't really follow this team other than a few newspaper headlines.

You went from posting nothings to thinking your posts should be taken as gospel.
Colon is used up and his value as a mentor is very questionable.
Those guys were signed because ownership is too damned cheap to pay for good pitchers in their primes.
I doubt we could have competed if we'd signed 2 really good starters, but management forfeited any chance at competing by going cheap.
Long term none of those very promising pitchers traded for are progressing as hoped, how is that even mathematically possible ? Maiten is years away, we don't have much in the way of outfielders or power in the organization, it's not as strong a minor league cache as we thought just a year ago.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You went from posting nothings to thinking your posts should be taken as gospel.
Colon is used up and his value as a mentor is very questionable.
Those guys were signed because ownership is too damned cheap to pay for good pitchers in their primes.
I doubt we could have competed if we'd signed 2 really good starters, but management forfeited any chance at competing by going cheap.
Long term none of those very promising pitchers traded for are progressing as hoped, how is that even mathematically possible ? Maiten is years away, we don't have much in the way of outfielders or power in the organization, it's not as strong a minor league cache as we thought just a year ago.

Colon is used up? You ever take a gander at his numbers from last season. Folty has already said he;s taking notes from Colon.

And your ignorance is astounding. What pitchers in their prime were on the market this season? This was one of the weakest free agency classes in MLB history.

And I've literally covered all of the other nonsense you've just spilled that is just another indication that you do not actually follow this team.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I find the principle of rating a farm system to be a joke. I don't want my farm "system" to be good. I want good players to come from the farm system. That might be one or two guys every other year.

None of the Braves organization's pitchers rated highly by Baseball America just last year has progressed, most have dropped in rankings.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colon is used up? You ever take a gander at his numbers from last season. Folty has already said he;s taking notes from Colon.

And your ignorance is astounding. What pitchers in their prime were on the market this season? This was one of the weakest free agency classes in MLB history.

And I've literally covered all of the other nonsense you've just spilled that is just another indication that you do not actually follow this team.

You bore the fuck out of me. Even when discussing baseball you're an amazingly disagreeable asshole.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bring some substance or get out.

Fuck you dick weed.
Who wants to debate baseball with somebody like you ?
Politics at least matters, this is supposed to have an element of enjoyment, I just want you to die a slow painful death.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck you dick weed.
Who wants to debate baseball with somebody like you ?
Politics at least matters, this is supposed to have an element of enjoyment, I just want you to die a slow painful death.

Cool story. Why are you posting under an alt account, @TeddyJackEddy ?

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm done with you.
Are you not interested in having conversations, or are you too damaged to have them ?

You of all people calling someone too damaged to have conversation

tumblr_lz5ia86DVz1qdeocv.gif