• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This makes me sick, but the Falcons...

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are ALMOST having the same, exact SB run as the Saints did in 2010.

1.) Get a bye

2.) Blow out a good NFC west team(Seattle/Arizona) that everyone else was picking despite not having homefield

3.)Not the same result, but defeat a NFC north team, and physically beat up a legendary QB that got all of the press the entire week leading up to the game.

Now, they face the number 1 seed, and now for 2 weeks, much like Peyton Manning, the entire narrative is gonna be "is Tom Brady the greatest QB of all time".

It just has the same feeling because everybody kept saying "but it's the Saints, they'll blow it", all the way until they dumped the Gatorade on Payton.

I need Tom Brady to save me from this nightmare...

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1.) Get a bye

2.) Blow out a good NFC west team(Seattle/Arizona) that everyone else was picking despite not having homefield

3.)Not the same result, but defeat a NFC north team, and physically beat up a legendary QB that got all of the press the entire week leading up to the game.

Now, they face the number 1 seed, and now for 2 weeks, much like Peyton Manning, the entire narrative is gonna be "is Tom Brady the greatest QB of all time".

It just has the same feeling because everybody kept saying "but it's the Saints, they'll blow it", all the way until they dumped the Gatorade on Payton.

Like Peyton Manning saved the Colts during said rin

Oh wait......

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1.) Get a bye

Um, turn the TV off for a few weeks?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The comp I've seen used for this year's Falcons team is the 2013 Denver Broncos. I think they are entering the Super Bowl healthier than that team, though.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The comp I've seen used for this year's Falcons team is the 2013 Denver Broncos. I think they are entering the Super Bowl healthier than that team, though.

I would say there are a few differences...

1) The Falcons have a much more diverse run game than the Broncos had that season. Pretty much the Seahawks dared the Broncos to run and well they just didn't trust that run game to do much so abandoned it early.

2) Warm weather stadium. I do think the cold bothered the Broncos. Peyton just never felt comfortable.

3) You are right they are healthier than the Broncos team that year. 9 of the 11 starters that started the season on the defense did not play in the Super Bowl for the Broncos.

4) I would take the Falcons OL over the Broncos of 2013 OL any day of the week. They were kind of a group thrown together that made it work but Manning made them look better than they were.

And just looking at the other team they are facing. While the Pats defense has done surprisingly well this year they are not the 2013 Seahawks. Matt Ryan should have a bit more time to take advantage of some match ups.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say there are a few differences...

1) The Falcons have a much more diverse run game than the Broncos had that season. Pretty much the Seahawks dared the Broncos to run and well they just didn't trust that run game to do much so abandoned it early.

2) Warm weather stadium. I do think the cold bothered the Broncos. Peyton just never felt comfortable.

3) You are right they are healthier than the Broncos team that year. 9 of the 11 starters that started the season on the defense did not play in the Super Bowl for the Broncos.

4) I would take the Falcons OL over the Broncos of 2013 OL any day of the week. They were kind of a group thrown together that made it work but Manning made them look better than they were.

And just looking at the other team they are facing. While the Pats defense has done surprisingly well this year they are not the 2013 Seahawks. Matt Ryan should have a bit more time to take advantage of some match ups.
Oh, its not a perfect comparison because the NFL is too complex to do that. The Broncos were slightly better in the regular season than those Falcons but they fell apart with injuries.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, its not a perfect comparison because the NFL is too complex to do that. The Broncos were slightly better in the regular season than those Falcons but they fell apart with injuries.

Yeah unfortunately those injuries really did hit hard. We lost Von Miller week 16 to a torn ACL and then Harris to a torn ACL in the divisional round. 2 huge key parts on top of losing a huge chunk of our DL over the final month or so of the season. We did fine against the Chargers until Harris went down because we had the Corners to hold up. And then thankfully in the Championship game the Patriots were just as banged up as we were. Come the Super Bowl though the flood gates just opened up.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Difference is

BB wasn't on the other sideline for the Colts that day

He will absolutely come up with something to slow down Julio

And they stop the run very well

So I just don't see Sanu and Gabriel making enough plays to win a game if Julio is held to a pedestrian day

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The falcons picked the red uniforms. All because they never won in the white ones. I hope the trend continues.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The falcons picked the red uniforms. All because they never won in the white ones. I hope the trend continues.
Should've went with the black jerseys.