• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This Is Spinal Tap (1984)

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shot by Rob "Meathead" Reiner on a budget of 2.5 million dollars, it's a cult classic just about everyone has seen.

Rob plays a fictional film director filming a fictional British rock band, "Spinal Tap" as played by Christopher Guest (who's married to Jamie Lee Curtis, BTW), Micheal McKean, and Harry Shearer as they go about their lives on and off stage. I believe it was the first ever, "Mockumentory".

The band itself has somewhat of a jaded history...drummers seem to die in odd ways. From 'a bizarre gardening accident' to spontaneous combustion, and one chocked to death on someone else's vomit.

It has a ton of cameo's ranging from Anjelica Huston to Fran Drescher to Paul Shaffer to Billy Crystal and more.

Much of the movie was ad libbed by the actors themselves.

And, everyone's favorite line that became so well known that, it in and of itself, is used in daily life, "Our speakers go to 11". How many times have we heard one person or another since then say, "So you turned it to 11"?

In 2002 the Library of Congress deemed the film, "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant" and was selected for preservation by the National Film Registry.

Dee Schyder, the lead singer of "Twisted Sister" said, "Spinal Tap was so funny it hurt. It was also painfully accurate". The part where Spinal Tap got lost below the theater before the show actually happened to him. U-2 once got stuck in their giant lemon only 8 years after Spinal Tap got stuck in their pods.

Use this thread to discuss all that is Spinal Tap, or post videos.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great flick. Whenever I want a laugh, I listen to "Big Bottom"

Last edited by a moderator:

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Four words for you:

Lick my Love Pump.

One of the greatest movies ever!

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can tell I will love this thread.... I am a little sad that I have not upgraded my VHS copy to DVD yet....

"This tasteless cover is a good indication of the lack of musical invention within. The musical growth of this band cannot even be charted. They are treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry."

This Is Spinal Tap (1984) - IMDb

tumblr_mrotbdabjC1r9a32bo1_500.jpg