• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This Duke Fan Here to Take his Lumps

txtarheels

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
redseat you keep talking about UNC. They will be lucky if they win today. This is one of those years that it could be Mercer vs Dayton in finals. Look at how the games are going. No one is blowing anyone out. UNC can win it all or fall out today. Never know. That is what makes this so much fun, except if your team loses.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey not a big deal really, Duke has lost to lower seeds :noidea:

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread again?

Every year the same Duke thread pops up after they lose to some double digit seed in the first round.

I am sure there will be one next season as well.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew they shouldn't take Mercer lightly and I said it in another thread that this would be a terrible match-up for Duke and look what happened... Best of luck the rest of the way..

UNC Fans laugh it up.... you deserve to!

Tough loss no doubt, but a thread going around discussing whether or not K should be fired! Absolutely stupid! :laugh3:

I'm not laughing yet, Heels haven't played Providence yet so, I'll reserve a chuckle later, if the UNC can bring it home!

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that; however that was not my point.

I guess I misunderstood your question. . . "and how about Ohio State?????".

"Ohio State wasn't very good this year."

That seemed to be a proper response to the question.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I misunderstood your question. . . "and how about Ohio State?????".

"Ohio State wasn't very good this year."

That seemed to be a proper response to the question.

What happened was an Ohio State fan showed up with a post "DUKE SUCKS" and I felt that was inappropriate on a thread started by a Duke fan who congratulated Mercer for a good game.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'm here too redseat. I knew this was coming. If not today then soon enough. This Duke team just never put it all together. They never blew anyone out all year and had zero Defense at the rim. And, a team that could lose to Notre Dame, Wake Forest, etc, was suspect to me in the beginning. Maybe next year's horses they have coming can help. I hope Hood stays but he and Parker will probably leave.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
redseat you keep talking about UNC. They will be lucky if they win today. This is one of those years that it could be Mercer vs Dayton in finals. Look at how the games are going. No one is blowing anyone out. UNC can win it all or fall out today. Never know. That is what makes this so much fun, except if your team loses.

I think they have the talent to win it all (long shot I know) but they were getting hot at the right time. It could do just as easily the way you say too but still...

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'm here too redseat. I knew this was coming. If not today then soon enough. This Duke team just never put it all together. They never blew anyone out all year and had zero Defense at the rim. And, a team that could lose to Notre Dame, Wake Forest, etc, was suspect to me in the beginning. Maybe next year's horses they have coming can help. I hope Hood stays but he and Parker will probably leave.

what Duke needs to do is to get away from the 3s and get an inside game. Over the years they have shown that you can't just win with 3s. They never made any game feel like it was "their's" from the start and that was very worrisome and it led to this today. I think Hood stays but not sure about Parker.

HOWEVER, Parker did just say that "his career was incomplete" so we don't know exactly how to take that

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Dude. I'm happy for Mercer. I'm not taking anything away from them as they earned the win.

Tough loss, however while watching the game, I felt that Parker and company could not hold their own against the Mercer center. Wondering why Coach K didn't put in Plumlee to see if he could clog up the middle some so Parker and Hood could do what they do against smaller people? Have to give it up to Mercer, they really played as well as that team can play. Played with poise and stayed with their game plan. I really feel this game was more about Mercer really playing well as they have the size and some outside talent.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread again?

Every year the same Duke thread pops up after they lose to some double digit seed in the first round.

I am sure there will be one next season as well.

Yet... fans aren't shying away from the loss... Which can't be said about many people.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough loss, however while watching the game, I felt that Parker and company could not hold their own against the Mercer center. Wondering why Coach K didn't put in Plumlee to see if he could clog up the middle some so Parker and Hood could do what they do against smaller people? Have to give it up to Mercer, they really played as well as that team can play. Played with poise and stayed with their game plan. I really feel this game was more about Mercer really playing well as they have the size and some outside talent.

I am wondering if this means Coach K doesn't have too much confidence in plumlee.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am wondering if this means Coach K doesn't have too much confidence in plumlee.

Probably, unless there is a discipline problem going on. I have seen Plumlee during the middle of this season giving some excellent minutes and then all of a sudden, no more Plumlee. I think we all knew that Duke was vulnerable inside without a big man to help out and at one point, I felt that Plumlee was picking up the game and would be pretty good by tournament time and Duke would make a deep run.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably, unless there is a discipline problem going on. I have seen Plumlee during the middle of this season giving some excellent minutes and then all of a sudden, no more Plumlee. I think we all knew that Duke was vulnerable inside without a big man to help out and at one point, I felt that Plumlee was picking up the game and would be pretty good by tournament time and Duke would make a deep run.

Yeah he had his flashes of "brilliance" this season but more times then not he left you shaking your head at him. Coach K isn't one to put away discipline problems in Lew of a possible victory so something must have been going on.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, last season we wondered the same thing and later found out Plumlee needed surgery on his foot. Who knows?