• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This article slams Moses

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just Say No...........To Morgan Moses in the Second - Hogs Haven

Doesn't make sense to me. Moses is rising up draft boards and looks like a mid to late first rounder according to McShay. My top three tackles for the Skins at 34 are Kojo, Moses, and Bitanio. Kojo has the most talent but the injury is scaring some people away. He would be very tough to pass on if he is there.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just Say No...........To Morgan Moses in the Second - Hogs Haven

Doesn't make sense to me. Moses is rising up draft boards and looks like a mid to late first rounder according to McShay. My top three tackles for the Skins at 34 are Kojo, Moses, and Bitanio. Kojo has the most talent but the injury is scaring some people away. He would be very tough to pass on if he is there.

just because they rise on draft boards doesnt mean they are good .

i saw one film vs UNC and we are to draw huge conclusions ?

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was NOT the best film to use for swaying. After the first 4 minutes, I didn't see Moses give up one sack. From the very beginning when the CB blitzed, a screen was called going the other way...so it doesn't matter. Looks like the guard was getting destroyed. Moses constantly forced the ends to overrun the play. The QB often stepped up, scrambled, dumped offed, or got pressured due to the poor blocking from the guards. The running back easily was able to cut back off of Moses's blocking push, as he kept picking up first downs. After I saw the long completion I stopped watching this video from a year ago. His strength is the only thing that concerns me, I will say the Tennessee guys and Jack Mewhort look like suitable options in the 3rd if we miss out on him or draft the BPA.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what?? I got to be the only person on the planet who thinks some of you guys are so desperate for a massive overhaul that you will latch onto almost anything remotely resembling an OT as a guy the Skins have got to consider at 34??

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what?? I got to be the only person on the planet who thinks some of you guys are so desperate for a massive overhaul that you will latch onto almost anything remotely resembling an OT as a guy the Skins have got to consider at 34??

we do need an overhaul and the sooner we get done with it the better

however we dont need to reach for anyone but if we could mine a jon jansen type out of this i would be happy

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we do need an overhaul and the sooner we get done with it the better

however we dont need to reach for anyone but if we could mine a jon jansen type out of this i would be happy

I agree we need an overhaul. I just dont think you build a team by changing half the roster in one big move. especially on a unit like the O-line. Its the one place where an average player teaching the new guy can actually benefit you more than just throwing in 3 or 4 new pieces and crossing your fingers. Key Example is dallas last year. We all clowned Jerry for keeping Free and the only real change he made was at Center.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree we need an overhaul. I just dont think you build a team by changing half the roster in one big move. especially on a unit like the O-line. Its the one place where an average player teaching the new guy can actually benefit you more than just throwing in 3 or 4 new pieces and crossing your fingers. Key Example is dallas last year. We all clowned Jerry for keeping Free and the only real change he made was at Center.

Gibbs did it his first year. They became the Hogs. When our OL is a weak as ours, an overhaul is in order. You just don't do it in a panic and it may not be all this year. My concern is that the players we picked up in FA are no better than what we have. I would really like to see what some of our bench guys could do. Shanahan never gave them a chance. Lets put Compton, Gettis, and Ribeye in and see how they fare. Also, don't forget about Hurt.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gibbs did it his first year. They became the Hogs. When our OL is a weak as ours, an overhaul is in order. You just don't do it in a panic and it may not be all this year. My concern is that the players we picked up in FA are no better than what we have. I would really like to see what some of our bench guys could do. Shanahan never gave them a chance. Lets put Compton, Gettis, and Ribeye in and see how they fare. Also, don't forget about Hurt.

Gibbs didnt have a salary cap and millions tied into other positions. He also didnt have 3-4 young lineman waiting in the wings. Face it guys, if we draft an OT at 34 he will get pushed into the starting role ready or not. You also basically give up on Compton and Hurt from the moment you make the pick.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Side note guys... When you have people like Rick Snider suggesting things like we should trade into the top half of the FIRST round in order to draft a RT, hell yes I think there is RT insanity on a massive group scale going on. Because while I doubt any one is going to admit it, some of you will think this is a good idea.

Redskins should move up in the draft to take a tackle

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gibbs didnt have a salary cap and millions tied into other positions. He also didnt have 3-4 young lineman waiting in the wings. Face it guys, if we draft an OT at 34 he will get pushed into the starting role ready or not. You also basically give up on Compton and Hurt from the moment you make the pick.

That's basically what I was saying. We need an overhaul, but would first like to see our own young guys in the mix. Having said that, if a stud RT or G drops to us at 34 and they are the BPA, draft them. Remember, Trent's contract is up next year. I hope we can re-sign him, but it never hurts to have options. What we don't want to do is to reach or take a risky player (Kojo) just to fill a perceived hole at T.

Last edited by a moderator:

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Side note guys... When you have people like Rick Snider suggesting things like we should trade into the top half of the FIRST round in order to draft a RT, hell yes I think there is RT insanity on a massive group scale going on. Because while I doubt any one is going to admit it, some of you will think this is a good idea.

Redskins should move up in the draft to take a tackle

I didn't read the article, but trading up for a RT is ludicrous. A LT, in theory, maybe. But not in our situation when we don't have many picks to begin with. I'll say it again. Polumbus is not that good, but he wasn't that bad, either. We could use an upgrade, but its not a dire situation. We can make him work for another year.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's basically what I was saying. We need an overhaul, but would first like to see our own young guys in the mix. Having said that, if a stud RT or G drops to us at 34 at they are the BPA, draft them. Remember, Trent's contract is up next year. I hope we can re-sign him, but it never hurts to have options. What we don't want to do is to reach or take a risky player just to fill a perceived hole at T.

j_y.. my fear is that the FO see's the need as so dire that they will reach, panic or otherwise fuck up this pick and pass on actual talent to fill a position. If Bruce Allen is thinking anything like the fanbase around here, he is locked in on OT, followed by Safety, ILB and DE... and actual talent be damned at that point. Because if they dont fill an immediate need and come in as a possible starter then we dont need them. Personally I think we should be picking strictly for depth and role players this year. Lessens the chance of reaching and thus passing on talent in desperation to find a new starter.. .especially at RT.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't read the article, but trading up for a RT is ludicrous. A LT, in theory, maybe. But not in our situation when we don't have many picks to begin with. I'll say it again. Polumbus is not that good, but he wasn't that bad, either. We could use an upgrade, but its not a dire situation. We can make him work for another year.

Not according to the brain trust around here.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
j_y.. my fear is that the FO see's the need as so dire that they will reach, panic or otherwise fuck up this pick and pass on actual talent to fill a position. If Bruce Allen is thinking anything like the fanbase around here, he is locked in on OT, followed by Safety, ILB and DE... and actual talent be damned at that point. Because if they dont fill an immediate need and come in as a possible starter then we dont need them. Personally I think we should be picking strictly for depth and role players this year. Lessens the chance of reaching and thus passing on talent in desperation to find a new starter.. .especially at RT.

From what I've seen of Allen, I'm not worried at all. The dude seems to have a plan and he sticks to it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but did he even bring in one FA T to talk to? I think even Gruden alluded to to fact that the interior of the line was where the breakdown usually occurred. I trust Allen to not panic, like some of our compadres on here.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've seen of Allen, I'm not worried at all. The dude seems to have a plan and he sticks to it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but did he even bring in one FA T to talk to? I think even Gruden alluded to to fact that the interior of the line was where the breakdown usually occurred. I trust Allen to not panic, like some of our compadres on here.

Oh I have watched. Which is why Im going to semi-quietly sit back and wait for the draft. I dont think gruden or Allen will be desperate to find a day one starter at 34. But I will say that if there is a 6'2"+ WR with a first round grade sitting there when we pick, I think that will be the pick.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A WR at 34 won't surprise me. There are 4 or 5 that if they are there at 34, I expect we will take them. We need playmakers. I would prefer to focus on the defense, but you can't pass up rare talent at 34 if offered to you, even if its at a position that we are fairly well set. Good example is Reed in the 3rd last year. I remember most everyone on the board bemoaning that pick. We had what everyone thought was a rising all pro TE in Davis. Why waste a 3rd round pick on another TE?? Well, in hindsight, it was a pretty good pick, wouldn't you say?