• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft Grades

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my :2cents:

Rd 1: Jalen Raegor

Personally I believe his true value was mid 2nd round, but the consensus was he was rising up the boards and was going in the 20s anyway... IMO was a slight reach but there was a need and he is a good player. Lots to like - he's tough, plays faster than he timed, good teammate... His skillset IMO wasn't utilized to its full potential in college (used mostly as just a vertical stretch guy) and had to deal with inexperienced QB play... I like his fit in the Eagles' offense where Doug will be more creative with him. Grade: B

Rd 2: Jalen Hurts

The Eagles needed a young project QB with upside to develop behind Wentz, just didn't think they would do it this early. This pick is complicated for a myriad of reasons, and while I am intrigued by Hurts as a player, the Eagles left a lot of playmakers on the board. This pick would have made sense if the roster was loaded and they could afford to make a luxury pick, but from a value standpoint (and potentially a chemistry standpoint) this pick was stupid. Grade: F

Rd 3: Davion Taylor

Have to admit I don't know much about him, he had a good combine, nice athlete and plays really fast... at his size most likely projects as a WILL, the position Schwartz likes to sub out the most for an extra DB. Not certain about his starting potential but looks like he can be a core special teams player, and fits the motto going into this off-season needing to address team speed. They are banking heavily on his physical traits to come through because there were more experienced LBs on the board they passed on. Grade: C+

Rd 4: K'Von Wallace

Smart, experienced, versatile, decent speed for a Safety - played 59 games at Clemson against top level competition in the biggest games on the biggest stage. Really liked this pick and FINALLY we draft a young Safety that could be a starter as early as next season. Grade: B+

Rd 4: Jack Driscoll

Two year transfer from UMASS to Auburn. A true technician who will rely on smarts and toughness rather than pure physical ability. Has Guard/Tackle versatility and has been taking snaps at Center to further increase his versatility. Good solid depth player, I like this pick. Grade: B+

Rd 5: John Hightower

Smooth athlete with legit 4.4 speed and upside as a returner. Body catches too much for my liking despite having decent enough hands. Everyone was raving about Henry Ruggs having 24 TDs on 98 receptions during his college career, Hightower had 21 TDs on 113 career receptions (including his JUCO stats), almost as impressive, whuch suggests his big play potential. He is more a finesse receiver though, and I worry about his play strength a bit. Good value for where they got him. Grade: B

Rd 6: Shaun Bradley

Temple tough, good speed and athleticism for the position, I think he has postion versatility at the MIKE or SAM spots. A year in a pro strength and conditioning program will benefit him because I worry about his play strength at the next level... may be nothing more than a good special teams guy, and we already have a couple of those on the roster. Grade: B

Rd 6: Quez Watkins

I thought Quez had 3rd round potential going into the draft... legit 4.35 speed, when the ball is in the air he has an extra gear to separate from the defender. Great value for where they got him, I like his pro upside better than Hightower. Grade: A

Rd 6: Prince Tega Wanogho

Good developmental project with LT upside. Above average athlete who battled a knee injury which affected his play and dropped his rankings some this past season. Played against top competition and held his own. Going to be a nice project for Stout to work with, I think he has a good chance to stick on the 53 this year. Grade: A-

Rd 7: Casey Toohill

He looks more like a stand up 3-4 rush OLB, but will project as a DE situational rusher in Schwartz's scheme... doesn't have the bulk or strength to be a full time end. Poor man's Connor Barwin. Will likely end up on the practice squad. Grade: B

Overall, they had an OK Day 1, an unimpressive Day 2, but redeemed themselves on Day 3. One of the more weird drafts for the Eagles I can recall in recent memory. As with all of them, only time will tell how this turns out, let's hope for the best. Any feedback or opinons are welcome!

Fly Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think your grades are spot-on NE. I would not disagree much if at all. Living with a teacher all of my life the one grade I have not seen given out anywhere is Incomplete. I would grade the Eagle's second pick as incomplete. Incomplete means all of the work for the semester/quarter/school year has not been completed as outlined by the professor/teacher. I think this designation fits. Who knows whether this pick will meet any worthwhile criteria on the field? Peterson is guessing, so is Howie. So am I. So are we all. Incomplete. When 2020-2021 is over the final grade can be assigned. I guess you could say all grades are incomplete, but this second pick fits the definition better than the other picks. As always IMO.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give us an S.

And a peed.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does that spell SPEED? Speaking of speed, they picked a lot of players with speed, but can they play football?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I generally agree with the OP's assessment of the draft. But overall I give it a C due to the missed chances on day two.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know the Eagles got a pretty good safety out of Clemson once upon a time, you might have heard of him

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I feel certain of and that is the CowPukes drafted better than Howie.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know the Eagles got a pretty good safety out of Clemson once upon a time, you might have heard of him

Thought of this the other day. Gotta like the sound of “Safety, out of Clemson” for us.

Just didn’t mention it as I didn’t want to jinx the kid in any way lol

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I feel certain of and that is the CowPukes drafted better than Howie.

Who would have expected that on Thursday night. Everyone chuckling about Jerry drafting by himself. I can't get rid of that soul sucking feeling. That went over me when the Hurts selection was made. I have always loved the draft. An that was the closest I have come to turning it off during the draft.

The rest of the draft just feels likes despite grasping at straws. Players like the LB who is greener than grass. The tossing a bunch of fast WR's against the wall. Well if we get four of them one has to workout right Howie .

D

I think Reagor will do well. Only saving grace for mess.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would have expected that on Thursday night. Everyone chuckling about Jerry drafting by himself. I can't get rid of that soul sucking feeling. That went over me when the Hurts selection was made. I have always loved the draft. An that was the closest I have come to turning it off during the draft.

The rest of the draft just feels likes despite grasping at straws. Players like the LB who is greener than grass. The tossing a bunch of fast WR's against the wall. Well if we get four of them one has to workout right Howie .

D

I think Reagor will do well. Only saving grace for mess.
Yeah it definitely ruined the mood. I wait all year for the draft and Howie, like clockwork, fudges it up.