• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Things you can get for under $15M

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two superstars and an above average goalie.

A top 5 defensive pairing in the league with a terrific goalie.

A capable 2nd line center, an above average defender, and the best goalie in the world.

Joe Thornton Jr, a very capable two-way defender, and a .933 playoff sv%.

A 3rd line checker, a black hole of turnovers and miscues and bad penalties, and a disinterested 36 year old defenseman.

One is Nashville, one is Florida, one is Anaheim, one is Colorado, and one is Philadelphia. In other words, one is a team that has zero cap space, and the other 4 are teams that can spend a lot of money on junk because they average over $10M in cap space. Can you guess which one is which?

NOTE: This is not a Holmgren bashing thread. This is a thread bashing the guys getting paid the big bucks who perform like the NHL is a no pressure beer league.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two superstars and an above average goalie.

Ducks? Getz/Ryan/Hiller

A top 5 defensive pairing in the league with a terrific goalie.

NSH? Weber/Suter/Rinne

A capable 2nd line center, an above average defender, and the best goalie in the world.

Florida? Vokoun/Weiss/Wideman??

Joe Thornton Jr, a very capable two-way defender, and a .933 playoff sv%.

Colorado? ??Duchene??, Foote?, Anderson?

A 3rd line checker, a black hole of turnovers and miscues and bad penalties, and a disinterested 36 year old defenseman.

flyers.

One is Nashville, one is Florida, one is Anaheim, one is Colorado, and one is Philadelphia. In other words, one is a team that has zero cap space, and the other 4 are teams that can spend a lot of money on junk because they average over $10M in cap space. Can you guess which one is which?

NOTE: This is not a Holmgren bashing thread. This is a thread bashing the guys getting paid the big bucks who perform like the NHL is a no pressure beer league.

i tried my best without looking it up.. is that right?

also i agree 100%.. homer gets a lot of blame that he shouldn't.. not his fault guys dont feel like playing night in and night out.. or that lava refuses to break up richards/carter

Last edited by a moderator:

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i really dont know what to think right now. the "it" factor that we had in the playoffs is gone. there seems to be nothing clicking with this team. each individual game has guys that play hard, but 6 games in and there still hasnt been a complete game where everyone plays their asses off. i just dont get it. i understand that it may be hard after such a long playoff run, but i really thought these guys came together as a group and would come back hungry and ready to go and firing on all cylinders..on paper this team should NOT be 2-3-1. theres just no excuses.
richards needs to start playing like the richards of the playoffs.
carter needs to pack his bags and leave. asap. hes a cancer to richards.
zherdev, has shown why he is nicknamed the "enigma" he shows SO many flashes of great talent, yet has very little to show for it and some shifts you forget hes on the ice, while others he dazzles.
the briere line is about the only positive thing for this team right now. thats exactly what happened in the SCF too..that was the only line that worked.
we need a major change of pace. i dont know if its major line changes or if its a trade..but something NEEDS to happen.
the pieces are definitely still in place for a deep run in the spring
giroux, JVR, briere, richards, pronger, timonen, carle, coburn, leino represents the core of this team right now.
carter..well..he really didnt do anything to contribute to our playoff run last year. i really dont know what to say. why cant the flyers ever have a successful regular season? i really sense the stevens era flyers coming back for version 4.0

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im glad i didnt get a chance to see this game it sounds like it was as frustrating as the whole season has been hopefully it's just early rust and we go on a big run.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i tried my best without looking it up.. is that right?

also i agree 100%.. homer gets a lot of blame that he shouldn't.. not his fault guys dont feel like playing night in and night out.. or that lava refuses to break up richards/carter

The teams are right, Anaheim's and Nashville's players are right, but Wideman is not an above average defender, Foote barely goes to the offensive side of the redline and certainly isn't a two-way guy, and Duchene doesn't have 3 seasons of 70+ points with at least 2/3 of them coming by way of assists.

I did try to leave off players on rookie contracts, since that skews how valuable they really are. I mean, for under $15M, we could have Giroux, Myers, Doughty, Stamkos, and Tavares, but that's not a realistic depiction.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
carter needs to pack his bags and leave. asap. hes a cancer to richards.

I would agree, but it seems you're dyslexia is coming back to bite you. (It's ok, we don't hate you. :D) Richards has been the worst forward in the each of the 6 games and it's really dragging down Carter, who has been quite good on both sides of the puck in this homestand.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doubled on accident

Last edited by a moderator:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The teams are right, Anaheim's and Nashville's players are right, but Wideman is not an above average defender, Foote barely goes to the offensive side of the redline and certainly isn't a two-way guy, and Duchene doesn't have 3 seasons of 70+ points with at least 2/3 of them coming by way of assists.

I did try to leave off players on rookie contracts, since that skews how valuable they really are. I mean, for under $15M, we could have Giroux, Myers, Doughty, Stamkos, and Tavares, but that's not a realistic depiction.

ya i dont know who you were going for with thornton jr.. maybe hejduk? but i was took Jr as young.. wideman is probably the best d-man the panthers have, at least i thought?.. and foote was pretty much the only av i could think of on the back end haha

oh fuck.. maybe stastny in colorado.. forgot about him :L

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, it is Stastny. The defenseman could be either Liles or Quincey. Both are really good and still fit the economics.

And you're forgetting Bryan McCabe in Florida.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers fans already worrying: Priceless.

It is a shame that we've lost the past 3 and that we haven't looked amazing, but talk to me in 10 games.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers fans already worrying: Priceless.

It is a shame that we've lost the past 3 and that we haven't even looked average in any facet of the game, but talk to me in 10 games.

There you go.