• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Things We're Cooking

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha! Might have to settle it over some venison and whiskey!!
Yas girl, yassssss!

My brother just brought me back some whiskey from Nashville... Straight Bourbon from Nelson Bros. Tastes like a mellow version of Makers. Come on over & we'll have a cook-off cookout!

Are you hittin Weiser for elk season? I'm hoping to get out & stomp around in October. Not sure where yet. Might head north to Elk City or Yellow Pine. Then return to the clearwater for whities in November... RUTTIN TIME!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Face, I got drawn for a mulie tag this year in Unit 14, you ever spend any time in there?
Oh shityea man... See my previous post about Elk City? Lol. That's just east of unit 14. Great area sandwiched between the palouse & clearwater. You'll see a shit ton of activity around there.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If venison is on the menu at a local restaurant, I get it every time......
I'd cook it daily if it didn't make the house stink lol... Had some guests comment 1 time & I've been a little self-conscious of it ever since.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yas girl, yassssss!

My brother just brought me back some whiskey from Nashville... Straight Bourbon from Nelson Bros. Tastes like a mellow version of Makers. Come on over & we'll have a cook-off cookout!

Are you hittin Weiser for elk season? I'm hoping to get out & stomp around in October. Not sure where yet. Might head north to Elk City or Yellow Pine. Then return to the clearwater for whities in November... RUTTIN TIME!
Yes sir. Waiting till the 15th to head down.....gonna be hard to wait that long but the hounds will be out of there. Got Wa muzzleloader elk the first week in October. Drew a Wa second deer tag for mid October, mulie doe. Got the Idaho mulie tag the first week in November. Wa late rifle whitetail runs until Nov 19th so I'll try to catch a couple days there too.

Gonna be busy AF for a few months.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes sir. Waiting till the 15th to head down.....gonna be hard to wait that long but the hounds will be out of there. Got Wa muzzleloader elk the first week in October. Drew a Wa second deer tag for mid October, mulie doe. Got the Idaho mulie tag the first week in November. Wa late rifle whitetail runs until Nov 19th so I'll try to catch a couple days there too.

Gonna be busy AF for a few months.
Bruh I'll hope to be in the same area in November... If you ever find yourself north of the Res near Orofino hit me up... Beers on me.

First week of November is just before the rut hits, unfortunately. But you shouldn't have any problem finding the animals. Mulies love the palouse area near Whitebird, which is essentially the mouth of the Devils Canyon gorge. A little further east into the Clearwater area is almost like grocery hunting with Whities. However whitetail had a bout with disease last year which really hurt populations, but before then they were basically pests. Hoping this year the populations are resurfacing. Not sure how that affected mulies though. I'd imagine they weren't hit nearly as hard. Worth checkin into the reports.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This 4x4 whitie has been chillin in my uncle’s backyard a lot… Might not even need to pack my gear with me this year @DHoey... Just RKO him from the back porch!

D7974F24-B149-459F-ADC0-CFD425CFEE3B.jpeg

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this mulie bastard near Weippe a few weeks ago…

B7EF4309-0A35-4895-86CD-A3CB18465E78.jpeg

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruh I'll hope to be in the same area in November... If you ever find yourself north of the Res near Orofino hit me up... Beers on me.

First week of November is just before the rut hits, unfortunately. But you shouldn't have any problem finding the animals. Mulies love the palouse area near Whitebird, which is essentially the mouth of the Devils Canyon gorge. A little further east into the Clearwater area is almost like grocery hunting with Whities. However whitetail had a bout with disease last year which really hurt populations, but before then they were basically pests. Hoping this year the populations are resurfacing. Not sure how that affected mulies though. I'd imagine they weren't hit nearly as hard. Worth checkin into the reports.
Deal! Our tag is only good for Unit 14 but if we tag out early I'll hit ya up.

We didn't want to push too late into November and get snowed out.....still a little torn on whether to start in the northern part of the unit by Grangeville or head to Riggins and work up. Got a little time to figure it out. Hopefully we tag out on elk and it will open up a little scouting time for deer.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deal! Our tag is only good for Unit 14 but if we tag out early I'll hit ya up.

We didn't want to push too late into November and get snowed out.....still a little torn on whether to start in the northern part of the unit by Grangeville or head to Riggins and work up. Got a little time to figure it out. Hopefully we tag out on elk and it will open up a little scouting time for deer.
Snow rarely hits that early. I'm a fan of anywhere along the clearwater mountains. Although I haven't hunted the slopes of Devil's Canyon before. Might be some worthy pockets. I just see too many hunters in the Riggins area and it always scares me away. Its a hub to the north, so not all that you see are hunting the area. You'll see plenty anywhere... Seems like Idaho is always flush with hunters around October-November.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crowd pleaser… simple stir fry chicken over rice

Stir fry sauce: soy, honey, ketchup & garlic (thicken with corn starch)

ECEA8EA5-23F4-48E6-B55C-15429D1C0387.jpeg

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Making wild boar ragu in Dutch oven, been in oven for two+ hours so far.....I soaked the boar in red wine overnight and added some sausage to give it some fat.....mirepoix, garlic, herbs, vegetable stock and some San Marzano peeled tomatoes.....putting it over fresh pappardelle pasta....house smells amazing......

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My heart rate slowed to a crawl just looking at this
Classic Film Eating GIF by Warner Archive

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m gonna trying wedging together some oxtail in a small pot, turn the heat to low and see if I can slow cook them with their own juices.