• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Things We're Cooking

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell yea dude I love the peppers marinating in there!!!
I saw the habanero thing mentioned on Rivals and have been doing it since. Put slits in them, and let them soak. Get some heat from them, but it's not crazy.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So stupid question.

I used to cook a lot, all the time, anything. I can cook, I fear no recipe.

but I have had various GI issues all my life. Most recently some really not fun stuff for years on end. I eat healthy, but it was the same foods daily. It was what I knew wouldn’t upset me.

part of my “care plan” is to flip my diet. Back to a lot of different Whole Foods .

Any place you guys go to for cooking/recipe ideas? Or like “I have these ingredients, let’s make this” places/apps“...

it’s been so long since I was doing meals constantly that my creativity is shot.

I know my man @DJ loves his food pron

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So stupid question.

but I have had various GI issues all my life. Most recently some really not fun stuff for years on end. I eat healthy, but it was the same foods daily. It was what I knew wouldn’t upset me.

part of my “care plan” is to flip my diet. Back to a lot of different Whole Foods .

Any place you guys go to for cooking/recipe ideas? Or like “I have these ingredients, let’s make this” places/apps“...

it’s been so long since I was doing meals constantly that my creativity is shot.

The woman is making ribeyes tonight.....I gotta go buy them though.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So stupid question.

I usually use hodgepod of recipes, I often have an idea in mind and see what I can find.

I can improvise to an extent, but I'm not that great with here is what I have, come up with something. I can look at a recipe and decide on things to add/exclude etc. I also realize they only put in measurements for most items as guidelines.

I like Chef John Food Wishes Video Recipes

I get ideas from cooking shows, youtube, etc.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe that’s the key just randomly browse stuff periodically

Reactions: gob

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So stupid question.

What do you mean by "whole foods"?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you mean by "whole foods"?
lol. Deal with my stomach and you will know!fGetting rid of some processed stuff. Not that it was "bad" , but no protein powders, nutrition bars, things like that, sticking to literally fresh foods, fruits, grains, veggies.........i mean i ate healthy.....but my appetite has been shot, and often needed to just get in calories, so would be supplementing with things. Plus due to what was going on, things were very basic. Once i found something that didnt put me in pain i stuck with it. TONS of oatmeal......mainly chicken breast or tenderloins, lots of things like rice cakes, granola bars, plain tuna, very minimal spectrum of fruits and or veggies.....very narrow diet.......healthy, but narrow......and not necessarily the easiest to digest(with my issues) from what im now learning.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. Deal with my stomach and you will know!fGetting rid of some processed stuff. Not that it was "bad" , but no protein powders, nutrition bars, things like that, sticking to literally fresh foods, fruits, grains, veggies.........i mean i ate healthy.....but my appetite has been shot, and often needed to just get in calories, so would be supplementing with things. Plus due to what was going on, things were very basic. Once i found something that didnt put me in pain i stuck with it. TONS of oatmeal......mainly chicken breast or tenderloins, lots of things like rice cakes, granola bars, plain tuna, very minimal spectrum of fruits and or veggies.....very narrow diet.......healthy, but narrow......and not necessarily the easiest to digest(with my issues) from what im now learning.
After my first daughter was born I came up with a diet: If you can grow it or kill it, then you can eat it.

Now, I didn't have any stomach issues to deal with, nature or nurture I've been blessed with an iron stomach but it worked out well for me. Nuts and berries for breakfast, leftovers for lunch and meat and veggies for dinner were a staple. Semi-paleo maybe, but i wasn't real picky about it.

If you are an outdoor guy, check out Steven Rinella's cook book and that should get you started with some healthy, basic meals to cook.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After my first daughter was born I came up with a diet: If you can grow it or kill it, then you can eat it.

Now, I didn't have any stomach issues to deal with, nature or nurture I've been blessed with an iron stomach but it worked out well for me. Nuts and berries for breakfast, leftovers for lunch and meat and veggies for dinner were a staple. Semi-paleo maybe, but i wasn't real picky about it.

If you are an outdoor guy, check out Steven Rinella's cook book and that should get you started with some healthy, basic meals to cook.
thanks i'll check it out. Yeh kinda a mix of paleo/mediterranean diet stuff.......is what they're shooting for so yeah same kinda concepts!

i'll have to look that up....im open to all suggestions.thanks!

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This book?
The MeatEater Fish and Game Cookbook: Recipes and Techniques for Every Hunter and Angler

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was gonna make salmon. Ended up with a quick quinoa, veggie, chicken bowl.99EC871A-C082-4FD8-B84C-46822E838BFD.jpeg

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got done grinding a whitetail. Made 18 pounds of straight burger and 15 pounds of deer/brisket mix.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Salmon glaze/marinade/sauce recommendations.
Brown sugar, soy, lime juice, fish sauce, and ginger. Heat the sauce until it simmers. Lay the fish flesh side down and cover for about 5 minutes.