• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Things We're Cooking

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
need to get back into this forum.

Just made some broiled tilapia with some sweet potatoes and green beans. Had some nice egg whites with spinach and feta laid over some wheat bread earlier

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone tell me how to cook tuna steaks ...
Ahi? High & fast. You want it rare in the middle. Which is shitty if you want a seasoning that has any sugar in it, because it can burn quickly. Asian flavor profiles work well, sometimes it's better to season w/salt & pepper, then use a dipping sauce afterward instead.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahi? High & fast. You want it rare in the middle. Which is shitty if you want a seasoning that has any sugar in it, because it can burn quickly. Asian flavor profiles work well, sometimes it's better to season w/salt & pepper, then use a dipping sauce afterward instead.
so sear the outside, and very rare inside?

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so sear the outside, and very rare inside?
Yup. If you cook it all the way through, it's like eating canned tuna without anything on it... very dry. Very. But if you're into that sort of thing... :noidea:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. If you cook it all the way through, it's like eating canned tuna without anything on it... very dry. Very. But if you're into that sort of thing... :noidea:
Looool ok I’m likely gonna try this later or tommorow. Thanks!

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahi steaks
If it's fresh, as in you or someone you know caught it or it's from a fresh fish market, then I would do poke or tataki with it. If it's from a store then I would marinate in soy, ginger, orange juice and garlic for 4 hours and then sear in a heavy pan on medium high heat for 3 minutes a side. If you don't like the texture of the fish after searing, cut it in half, and sear the open part. My wife doesn't like the her fish rare so I do that for hers, but I think it's a lot better rare.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's fresh, as in you or someone you know caught it or it's from a fresh fish market, then I would do poke or tataki with it. If it's from a store then I would marinate in soy, ginger, orange juice and garlic for 4 hours and then sear in a heavy pan on medium high heat for 3 minutes a side. If you don't like the texture of the fish after searing, cut it in half, and sear the open part. My wife doesn't like the her fish rare so I do that for hers, but I think it's a lot better rare.
Awesome thanks! Probably gonna cook some tonight. OJ sounds delicious , need to get some. I don’t think I have ginger here either , only soy.... but yeah it’s store bought , individual packed frozen steaks....

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well a weird combo of foods to an extent, but itss what i had

Ahi tuna steaks-little over done
Jumbo Shrimp
Green beans and carrots
Sweet potatoes
Fruit medley