• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Things We're Cooking

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, my son had a project to do on Iceland for his 5th grade class and it included things like culture, tourist attractions, geography, population, and of course, food. So he chose a leg of lamb recipe to present to the class. Anyway, long and short of it is ... it was a little different:

Crushed blueberries, EVOO, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper mixed together and then rubbed over the lamb. Cook for an hour and half @ 350. 20 minutes left until I sample it.

Reactions: gob

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, my son had a project to do on Iceland for his 5th grade class and it included things like culture, tourist attractions, geography, population, and of course, food. So he chose a leg of lamb recipe to present to the class. Anyway, long and short of it is ... it was a little different:

Crushed blueberries, EVOO, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper mixed together and then rubbed over the lamb. Cook for an hour and half @ 350. 20 minutes left until I sample it.
Should have just made some vegetable lamb soup. Easy peasy.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have just made some vegetable lamb soup. Easy peasy.
I let him pick the recipe. I was just glad he didn't choose some funky ass fish recipe that I know Iceland, Finland, Norway and the like are known for.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I let him pick the recipe. I was just glad he didn't choose some funky ass fish recipe that I know Iceland, Finland, Norway and the like are known for.
Orrr... You could have made hot dogs, haha

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orrr... You could have made hot dogs, haha
True. Saw a chick on tv pack some dogs in some sort of warm brine in a thermos. Went hiking for a few hours and then sat down and chowed on the dogs. Although she had them in some sort of wrap as opposed to a bun, but still looked good. I love a hotdog.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. Saw a chick on tv pack some dogs in some sort of warm brine in a thermos. Went hiking for a few hours and then sat down and chowed on the dogs. Although she had them in some sort of wrap as opposed to a bun, but still looked good. I love a hotdog.
Eh, they serve them in buns. It is a fairly popular quick bite in Reykjavik

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw a chick on tv pack some dogs in some sort of warm brine in a thermos. Went hiking for a few hours and then sat down and chowed on the dogs.

I’m not gonna lie, without even seeing that chick, I kinda wanna bang her.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicken parmesan bake... Got enough for about 4 more meals...

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna try those tomorrow with a cauliflower purée and roasted carrots.

Those were done in a pressure cooker. I’d tried about a dozen different recipes the traditional way until I tried this.

Cuts six hours down to forty minutes, with better results.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those were done in a pressure cooker. I’d tried about a dozen different recipes the traditional way until I tried this.

Cuts six hours down to forty minutes, with better results.

Did you seer the ribs before putting them in the pressure cooker?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How’d it turn out?

Really fuckin’ good. Made in a sauce with balsamic, tomato paste, coca powder, garlic, and Dijon mustard. The bone marrow made the sauce fucking delicious as it cooked. Rubbed the short ribs with a combo of rosemary, sage, paprika, and onion salt. It needs a little something, I’m not sure what though. Something to cut through the fat. Maybe a bit of something like apple cider vinegar, though I thought the balsamic would do it. Just needs a bit of tweaking.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really fuckin’ good. Made in a sauce with balsamic, tomato paste, coca powder, garlic, and Dijon mustard. The bone marrow made the sauce fucking delicious as it cooked. Rubbed the short ribs with a combo of rosemary, sage, paprika, and onion salt. It needs a little something, I’m not sure what though. Something to cut through the fat. Maybe a bit of something like apple cider vinegar, though I thought the balsamic would do it. Just needs a bit of tweaking.

Nice!

The bones would make it fantastic, but I had 5 lbs of boneless short ribs and I don't think there'd have been room in the pressure cooker with the bones. If I ever make it for a smaller group, I'd definitely go with the bone in.

I'm eager to try it again with some tweaks. My braising liquid was mostly wine, and the flavor was great, but I didn't allow it to reduce long enough before serving - I would have reduced more, but it was getting late and the family was hungry.

I might also reduce the cooking time of the ribs slightly. What's crazy is that with the pressure cooker, it takes almost as much time to reduce the sauce as it does to cook the ribs.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice!

The bones would make it fantastic, but I had 5 lbs of boneless short ribs and I don't think there'd have been room in the pressure cooker with the bones. If I ever make it for a smaller group, I'd definitely go with the bone in.

I'm eager to try it again with some tweaks. My braising liquid was mostly wine, and the flavor was great, but I didn't allow it to reduce long enough before serving - I would have reduced more, but it was getting late and the family was hungry.

I might also reduce the cooking time of the ribs slightly. What's crazy is that with the pressure cooker, it takes almost as much time to reduce the sauce as it does to cook the ribs.

Any thoughts on how to cut through the richness and the fat?