• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Things Jim Harbaugh has done (it's amazing)

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please look up facts before spouting off nonsense like a fucking dumbass.

He took a 6-7 team and turned them into a 12-0 team. Jimmy took a 5-7 team and managed to improve them just enough to not lose to any teams they should've, but they still also lost to the better teams they played, including an embarrassing home demolition at the hands of Meyer. Hell, Hoke never lost to us that bad.
While OSU was 6-7 the year prior -- it had more to do with your coach than anything else, not a lack of talent. The previous 6 years, you were 66-10 and finished in the top 5 in the country 5 of 6 years and the one year you didn't, they were 9th.

Fickell was thrown to the wolves and he got exposed. Turns out for OSU, that was the best possible outcome, as they ended up with Urban Meyer and he has been unbelievable for them.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While OSU was 6-7 the year prior -- it had more to do with your coach than anything else, not a lack of talent. The previous 6 years, you were 66-10 and finished in the top 5 in the country 5 of 6 years and the one year you didn't, they were 9th.

Fickell was thrown to the wolves and he got exposed. Turns out for OSU, that was the best possible outcome, as they ended up with Urban Meyer and he has been unbelievable for them.
I don't entirely disagree with you, but it's also not like there wasn't/isn't talent at michigan. Hoke put together some impressive classes, he just had no idea how to actually coach, which ended up being the best possible outcome for you guys, as well.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't entirely disagree with you, but it's also not like there wasn't/isn't talent at michigan. Hoke put together some impressive classes, he just had no idea how to actually coach, which ended up being the best possible outcome for you guys, as well.
I agree. Hoke had two classes that graded out well. Unfortunately, the "crown jewels" of each class were enormous busts. Shane Morris was a 5 star QB and is worthless. Derrick Green was a 5 star RB and isn't even at UM anymore -- think he went to a D-2 school.

He is definitely responsible for the talent on defense though, well, Hoke and Mattison.

UM's talent level was light years behind what OSU had/has when Harbaugh took over. That is why I said to anyone that would listen that OSU was going to pound UM. Even if UM wasn't missing 4 of their starters in their front 7, OSU still would have won handily. I NEVER bet money on UM games and even I broke my own rule because the line was a joke. :)

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Hoke had two classes that graded out well. Unfortunately, the "crown jewels" of each class were enormous busts. Shane Morris was a 5 star QB and is worthless. Derrick Green was a 5 star RB and isn't even at UM anymore -- think he went to a D-2 school.

He is definitely responsible for the talent on defense though, well, Hoke and Mattison.

UM's talent level was light years behind what OSU had/has when Harbaugh took over. That is why I said to anyone that would listen that OSU was going to pound UM. Even if UM wasn't missing 4 of their starters in their front 7, OSU still would have won handily. I NEVER bet money on UM games and even I broke my own rule because the line was a joke. :)
Betting against your own team in The Game. You might get arrested for that.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Betting against your own team in The Game. You might get arrested for that.
Last year was about as guaranteed a win as you will find in college football. Even if UM was healthy it wasn't going to be much of a game -- only reason the line was basically a pick'em is OSU MSU result and not to knock MSU, but the weather helped tremendously in that game, as well as OSU's playcalling. On a nice day, IMO, OSU would have beat MSU by double digits last year.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year was about as guaranteed a win as you will find in college football. Even if UM was healthy it wasn't going to be much of a game -- only reason the line was basically a pick'em is OSU MSU result and not to knock MSU, but the weather helped tremendously in that game, as well as OSU's playcalling. On a nice day, IMO, OSU would have beat MSU by double digits last year.
The playcalling was definitely what did us in against MSU. The weather in East Lansing wasn't much better in 2014 when we hung 49 on them with JT at QB. Just gave it away, what might have been.

I'll be really interested to see how this season goes with all the new guys coming in and starting, similar to 2014.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The playcalling was definitely what did us in against MSU. The weather in East Lansing wasn't much better in 2014 when we hung 49 on them with JT at QB. Just gave it away, what might have been.

I'll be really interested to see how this season goes with all the new guys coming in and starting, similar to 2014.
I think u guys will be fine. The toughest position to replace is QB in college and you guys have one of the better QBs coming back.
I'm crossing my fingers and hoping UM stays healthy -- especially at LB. Going to take a few recruiting classes to build any type of depth at a few positions.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is a better coach he will get results. If he doesn't get results, what the hell is your argument in favor of him being a better coach?

A good coach is going to get results but the results can't be a national championship for every good coach. There just isn't enough championships to go around. Just as the best coach will not win a championship every year. I believe the best coach is the guy who is the best teacher, who gets the most out of the talent he can get regardless of the level of that talent. that could very well be the guy who's winning multiple championships and in his conference title conversation every year but it doesn't have to be that guy.

Like I said before, Bill Snyder is a great example of a great coach that didn't win big. He never had a natty, only like 2 or 3 conference titles, but based on the talent he was able to get at KSU he really never should have won a single conference title. He essentially built a respectable program with 2-3 star recruits. Anyone can win with a shit ton of talent. It takes a special coach to win with just dudes.

Eugene Baker III

"Oh a stitch in time, just about saved me..."
Hoopla Cash
$ 946.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just recently realized the total awesomeness that is Mr. Harbaugh. Here are some of his unmatched accomplishments...

-Jimmy Jam invented CFB
-he invented the forward pass
-Jimbo was an original member of the A Team
-he invented the internet, fuck you Al Gore!
-Jimbo the Great once killed a lion w/ his bare hands
-he taught MacGyver everything he knows
-Jimmy Jam is the reason the dinosaurs are gone
-he caught Osama Bin Hiding all by himself
-Jimbo is the reason the Earth has gravity
-he invented rock-n-roll
-Jimmy Jam invented the wheel

If anyone knows of any other accomplishments list them here. The country...no the world would be a better place sharing his stories of greatness.

You forgot Harbaugh's Crowning Glory....
18f0wom9cmc5hjpg.jpg

...he made Rick Pitino's Back Door Girl cry.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just recently realized the total awesomeness that is Mr. Harbaugh. Here are some of his unmatched accomplishments...

-Jimmy Jam invented CFB
-he invented the forward pass
-Jimbo was an original member of the A Team
-he invented the internet, fuck you Al Gore!
-Jimbo the Great once killed a lion w/ his bare hands
-he taught MacGyver everything he knows
-Jimmy Jam is the reason the dinosaurs are gone
-he caught Osama Bin Hiding all by himself
-Jimbo is the reason the Earth has gravity
-he invented rock-n-roll
-Jimmy Jam invented the wheel

If anyone knows of any other accomplishments list them here. The country...no the world would be a better place sharing his stories of greatness.

He also in everybody's head (not literally) - I love you guys (not gender specific - whatever gender you feel) keep throwing hate at him!!!

2bbf5a3ca9dfa7fe1e9810e50a956cb0_crop_north.png

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meyer was gifted 2 blood blue programs? Well let's see here...the 3 years before Meyer got to Florida ('02, '03 & '04) the Gators went 8-5, 8-5 & 7-5. Not exactly blue blood material. And when he first got to Ohio State the program was still paying the price for Tricky Tressel's Tat 5 cover-up.

Since we're cherry picking, what was Ohio State 3 years before urban inherited the?

What was Stanford 3 years before Jim Harbaugh got them?

Just so we're clear how much a biased cocksucker you are. :)

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please look up facts before spouting off nonsense like a fucking dumbass.

He took a 6-7 team and turned them into a 12-0 team. Jimmy took a 5-7 team and managed to improve them just enough to not lose to any teams they should've, but they still also lost to the better teams they played, including an embarrassing home demolition at the hands of Meyer. Hell, Hoke never lost to us that bad.

He took a program that the year before finished off 8 straight conference titles. Stop being a clueless homer fuck and start admitting your Bucknuts were established.

God damn just admit your coach was handed a layup

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's no pete Carrol imo Carrol finishes. Same could be said for Saban,Meyer........I get Harbaugh gets A lot of hype but he didn't deliver in the games that mayyered. Including games vs ranked opponents and rivals. He's got a lot to prove yet

True, but jimmy is still relatively young in his D1-A coaching career.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a big reason I'm a Stanford fan.

But don't you think maybe Stanford had a bit to do with it as well? It's not like he took a 1-11 Eastern Michigan team to big bowl games. Stanford has a good bit to offer you know? I realize Stanford hadn't been a good program in awhile, but give it some credit. Shaw is getting it done as well, and that's with his own guys, so Stanford must be worth something.

Absolutely, Dave Shaw gets 100% credit for maintaining this.

Ohh and Harbaugh inherited Stanford, not Ohio state. The academic requirements are a bit more stringent. The fact that he turned them around at all is quite amazing.

Ohh and Stanford football is not an amazing program. Their best player ever (John elway) went 5-6 his senior year.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but jimmy is still relatively young in his D1-A coaching career.
Thats the point he's still got A long way to go before I can classify him as an elite coach. Tom Herman may be the best young coach out there.You could make the case Herman achieved more with less talent. But he's not elite. Harbaugh has still has a ton to prove and A long way to go. And at the rate he's going with his antics I actually don't see him getting there. He's burning a lot of bridges and bordering some very fine lines. To be honest I see his ego causing problems for michigan/ And A jump back to the NFL

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats the point he's still got A long way to go before I can classify him as an elite coach. Tom Herman may be the best young coach out there.You could make the case Herman achieved more with less talent. But he's not elite. Harbaugh has still has a ton to prove and A long way to go. And at the rate he's going with his antics I actually don't see him getting there. He's burning a lot of bridges and bordering some very fine lines. To be honest I see his ego causing problems for michigan/ And A jump back to the NFL

Herman has never turned around a program. Harbaugh has.

BTW, I think Herman will be one of the best when it's all said and done. He's young and fiery.

Ohh and harbaughs def going to the Bears in 2 years.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herman has never turned around a program. Harbaugh has.

BTW, I think Herman will be one of the best when it's all said and done. He's young and fiery
Put Herman in Harbaughs position at stanford. He not only produces the same results. But most likely finishes. Unlike Harbaugh Herman gets his team up for the big games and the most out of his players. You could argue Chip Kelly did the same thing for Oregon at A higher level than Harbaugh as well. Sorry Ralph Harbs doesnt impress me . Pete Carrol didn't just turn around an awful USC team he finished. Don't forget how bad SC was before Carrol