• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Things Jim Harbaugh has done (it's amazing)

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does this have to do with anything? Nick Saban is probably the best in the business. He didn't become a great coach at Alabama. He didn't become a great coach at LSU. I'd probably go as far as saying he didn't become a great coach at MSU. He was a great coach when he got those jobs which is why he got them. But he didn't win big at MSU. Had he stayed at MSU and won some confrerence titles but no natty, does that mean he's not great? No it doesn't. He did a fantastic job at MSU. He hasn't done any better a job at Bama, he's just able to pull a lot better players. Stats and records are only a part of what makes great coaches great. They sure as hell aren't the end all be all.
cams_zpszojqd4v4.gif

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it does.

Have your opinion. Mine is that strictly going by stats is lazy and uninformed. It's too simple and only tells part of the story. If Jim Harbaugh is a better coach than Nick Saban then he's better if he never wins a championship. If he's not a better coach than Saban he can win 10 and still wouldn't be. You are or you are not and no amount of resume building is going to change that.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have your opinion. Mine is that strictly going by stats is lazy and uninformed. It's too simple and only tells part of the story. If Jim Harbaugh is a better coach than Nick Saban then he's better if he never wins a championship. If he's not a better coach than Saban he can win 10 and still wouldn't be. You are or you are not and no amount of resume building is going to change that.
Thats one thing I will agree with. Stats do not tell the whole story. Too many people look at numbers and don't understand what they actually mean.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Motion denied no natty. Stanford's success was due to Luck.The only thing Harbaugh accomplished at Stanford was having a 50k private bathroom installed. Shaw has done more for Stanford with less. @HammerDown s objection sustained :nod:

View attachment 121788

Yes, every school wanted Luck. Luck was going to turn any program around. Yes, the guy with like 6 offers was a can't miss QB prospect. Right!

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just using the poster's team/coach as an example.
Bear in mind theres a few Michigan fans that are a little obsessive. Which I understand as a Trojans fan. With hype comes........ Some other fans of your team you just want to smack

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he is a better coach he will get results. If he doesn't get results, what the hell is your argument in favor of him being a better coach?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is a better coach he will get results. If he doesn't get results, what the hell is your argument in favor of him being a better coach?

So you are saying, you agree with me on Saban? His success is directly tied to the SEC. His 'results' outside the SEC is 0 bowl wins, 0 playoff appearances, 0 conference titles and 0 10 win seasons.

I'm glad you have finally seen the light. :)

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are saying, you agree with me on Saban? His success is directly tied to the SEC. His 'results' outside the SEC is 0 bowl wins, 0 playoff appearances, 0 conference titles and 0 10 win seasons.

And this is why other Michigan fans hate you.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urban Meyer inherited a 6-7 team at Ohio State and won 50 games in 4 years along with a National Title. Harbaugh has a lot of work to do.

The same program that won or shared 8 straight b10 titles the years before that. Please take your head out of your ass and stop being a bucknut cocksucker.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I judge coaches on their resume & JH's in incomplete. I can't rank him that high right now based on future expectations. If that makes me a bit biased then so be it.

Urban Meyer has not inherited a shit situation. He was gifted 2 blue bloods. I don't expect you to see the difference or be unbiased. :yo:

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Motion denied no natty. Stanford's success was due to Luck.The only thing Harbaugh accomplished at Stanford was having a 50k private bathroom installed. Shaw has done more for Stanford with less. @HammerDown s objection sustained :nod:

View attachment 121788

You're on crack, Harbaugh transformed a 1-11 program to an orange bowl champ program in just 4 years.

STANFORD IS WHO THEY ARE TODAY BECAUSE OF JIMMY JAM. You're welcome!

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're on crack, Harbaugh transformed a 1-11 program to an orange bowl champ program in just 4 years.

He's no pete Carrol imo Carrol finishes. Same could be said for Saban,Meyer........I get Harbaugh gets A lot of hype but he didn't deliver in the games that mayyered. Including games vs ranked opponents and rivals. He's got a lot to prove yet

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All you fuckers getting off topic are gonna be in trouble.

This thread is about the amazing things Harbaugh has done and it was started by Harbaugh. He hacked into @Wamu account and didn't even need a computer. He just used his Harbaughness.

Don't make him go Jimmy Hardbawlz on your asses.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's a big reason I'm a Stanford fan.

But don't you think maybe Stanford had a bit to do with it as well? It's not like he took a 1-11 Eastern Michigan team to big bowl games. Stanford has a good bit to offer you know? I realize Stanford hadn't been a good program in awhile, but give it some credit. Shaw is getting it done as well, and that's with his own guys, so Stanford must be worth something.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What does this mean? Saban has been with Alabama for 9 years and I think he won 4 National Championships with Alabama. Alabama is his team ... you have to give him credit. I am confused by your opinion.

On Harbaugh, it sure is nice to see everybody's still paying attention!!!!

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same program that won or shared 8 straight b10 titles the years before that. Please take your head out of your ass and stop being a bucknut cocksucker.
Please look up facts before spouting off nonsense like a fucking dumbass.

He took a 6-7 team and turned them into a 12-0 team. Jimmy took a 5-7 team and managed to improve them just enough to not lose to any teams they should've, but they still also lost to the better teams they played, including an embarrassing home demolition at the hands of Meyer. Hell, Hoke never lost to us that bad.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urban Meyer has not inherited a shit situation. He was gifted 2 blue bloods. I don't expect you to see the difference or be unbiased. :yo:

Meyer was gifted 2 blood blue programs? Well let's see here...the 3 years before Meyer got to Florida ('02, '03 & '04) the Gators went 8-5, 8-5 & 7-5. Not exactly blue blood material. And when he first got to Ohio State the program was still paying the price for Tricky Tressel's Tat 5 cover-up.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All you fuckers getting off topic are gonna be in trouble.

This thread is about the amazing things Harbaugh has done and it was started by Harbaugh. He hacked into @Wamu account and didn't even need a computer. He just used his Harbaughness.

Don't make him go Jimmy Hardbawlz on your asses.

Damn right! Time to get back to what really matters in this thread...the unequaled excellence that is Jimmy Jam.