• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

They should not have drafted Haskins

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only the previous QB got that same kind of love instead of being blamed and found not good enough for any mistake. :pound::pound:

Yeah Griffin went from a bright star to shit pretty damned quick!:D

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW: I'm going to disagree with the OP. I am convinced that they've selected the right guy, and that soon he will prove himself the man, here in D.C. If he gets the start in Buffalo, he won't be the weak link coming out of that game. You guys can bank on it or revisit this post in order to drag my ass through a river of ridicule. Yeah I'm that confident!

Yikes.

Buffalo is a very good defense.

If Haskins starts that game he is more likely to finish it on IR than with a Redskin victory.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes.

Buffalo is a very good defense.

If Haskins starts that game he is more likely to finish it on IR than with a Redskin victory.

While I don't disagree with your take, we have to ask and answer the question on whether or not this young man is a football player. First, I never intimated that Washington would win the game, only that he would step up and play fairly well. With that in mind, I believe that they have to stop coddling him and simply build the player from where he was when drafted, instead of attempting to remold him as if he is some sort of novice to the sport.

My answer to the question? Yeah, he's a football player! Will there be mistakes made? Absolutely! So in the event that they are basically forced to play him against Buffalo, there's going to be only one question that matters going into and coming out of that game...can he, then, was he, able to handle himself in a professional manner or did he shrink to the pressures of being on the big stage? I say that he'll step up, win or lose.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I don't disagree with your take, we have to ask and answer the question on whether or not this young man is a football player. First, I never intimated that Washington would win the game, only that he would step up and play fairly well. With that in mind, I believe that they have to stop coddling him and simply build the player from where he was when drafted, instead of attempting to remold him as if he is some sort of novice to the sport.

My answer to the question? Yeah, he's a football player! Will there be mistakes made? Absolutely! So in the event that they are basically forced to play him against Buffalo, there's going to be only one question that matters going into and coming out of that game...can he, then, was he, able to handle himself in a professional manner or did he shrink to the pressures of being on the big stage? I say that he'll step up, win or lose.

I'm not sure I have ever seen a QB taken in the 1st round look so small under the big lights then I have seen Haskins look. That includes Akili Smith, Cade McNown, and even Jamarcus Russel

small sample size I know... but YIKES

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now the film comes out

wow thank god for this. Now I can sleep easier knowing the skins have their franchise QB. Was Ereck Flowers also the reason the coaches seemingly gave up and just ran the ball into the pile in the 2nd half to get through the game despite it being a 1 score game?

Serious, serious limitations to the play calling once Haskins stepped onto the field. It wasn't like Keenum was running an overly complex system in the 1st half. Barely any motions. A lot of quick short passes. Coaches didn't have confidence that Haskins could even run that basic offense...

not a good look

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is any intent to play him this year it seems to me now is the perfect time. He has/had 10 days to prepare for Buffalo and 2 weeks to prepare for the next game. It seems like this would have been the most advantageous time for Haskin's.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I have ever seen a QB taken in the 1st round look so small under the big lights then I have seen Haskins look. That includes Akili Smith, Cade McNown, and even Jamarcus Russel

How about Heath Shuler? Common connection, the team that they played for!

Sknzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at Shuler's first game at RFK and he was god awful. I believe he came in relief of John Freize as I recall.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Heath Shuler? Common connection, the team that they played for!

What about Heath Shuler? They said he was dumb. Frerotte was better prepared and ready to play before Shuler. We all know that for the most part Frerotte was mostly a career backup. I think the choice the year Shuler came out was Shuler or Dilfer. Neither had stellar careers. Dilfer did win a Super Bowl but we know he was riding the coat tails of that defense. After going to New Orleans Shuler got hurt and that ended his NFL career.

Apparently Shuler wasn't dumb. He was very successful in real estate as well as a three term congressman. Not sure the later makes you smart.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at Shuler's first game at RFK and he was god awful. I believe he came in relief of John Freize as I recall.

You are correct, he threw two or three picks if I remember right and I think they did bring Freize in much like the brought Keenum in I think to give Shuler some time and someone with some experience.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you sure? Those guys are chumps so let me show you a few HOFers

1- Terry Bradshaw...game 1 was 4/16 for 70 yards and a pick.
Game 2...13/26 for 211 yards and a pick.
Game 3...13/29 for 207 yards and 3 picks.
Game 4...3/12 for 24 yards
It wasn’t until game five that he threw his first TD. He finished the season with 6 TDS and 24 interceptions while completing 39% of his passes.

2- Troy Aikman...first four games in the NFL, 37/85 with 1TD and 6 picks. He finished the season completing 53% passes with 9 TDS and 18 picks.

3- Alex Smith...started 7 games his rookie season, completed 50% in only 3 games (51% on season), 1 TD and 11 picks. His TD came in the final game and he never threw for more than 185 yards.

Those are just three examples of shitty beginnings with less hope than we currently have seen in Haskins. Keep in mind that Haskins has never been treated like the starter.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is any intent to play him this year it seems to me now is the perfect time. He has/had 10 days to prepare for Buffalo and 2 weeks to prepare for the next game. It seems like this would have been the most advantageous time for Haskin's.
Reluctantly, I have to agree but the reason why I prefaced my perspective with that big "IF" was there's still a part of me that wants them to begin his intro as the starter in next year's IT's continue to camp and go full bore on opening day.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IT's should be OTA's, damn autocorrect

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reluctantly, I have to agree but the reason why I prefaced my perspective with that big "IF" was there's still a part of me that wants them to begin his intro as the starter in next year's IT's continue to camp and go full bore on opening day.

Sty, my only reason for playing him this year is because they could end up with a top 3 pick. I don't think they would choose a QB if they did. I don't have a problem if they wait until next year. I just think it would be better to start him next week when they have extra time to work with him before the next two games. If they don't start him at this point let the kid sit.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow thank god for this. Now I can sleep easier knowing the skins have their franchise QB. Was Ereck Flowers also the reason the coaches seemingly gave up and just ran the ball into the pile in the 2nd half to get through the game despite it being a 1 score game?

Serious, serious limitations to the play calling once Haskins stepped onto the field. It wasn't like Keenum was running an overly complex system in the 1st half. Barely any motions. A lot of quick short passes. Coaches didn't have confidence that Haskins could even run that basic offense...

not a good look
too bad you cant analyze film properly . maybe you should learn before you speak

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sty, my only reason for playing him this year is because they could end up with a top 3 pick. I don't think they would choose a QB if they did. I don't have a problem if they wait until next year. I just think it would be better to start him next week when they have extra time to work with him before the next two games. If they don't start him at this point let the kid sit.

It truly bothered me when he was listed as the backup from game one on, so I tried to put a reasoned spin on that move by noting that at least it wasn't the Griffin thing all over again. He didn't start and backup was something better than that.

It wouldn't surprise me if they drafted a QB next year, my preference is that they don't, however, IMO the best thing that could happen to this team is hiring a GM, like a Louis Riddick, who believes in Haskins and will hire a HC who also believes in the young man.

If he starts against Buffalo, so be it, or as you've indicated doesn't get that start this week or in two weeks then deactivate him. Put him in the Coordinators box, headset on and a birds eye view of the action on the field for teaching purposes.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It truly bothered me when he was listed as the backup from game one on, so I tried to put a reasoned spin on that move by noting that at least it wasn't the Griffin thing all over again. He didn't start and backup was something better than that.

It wouldn't surprise me if they drafted a QB next year, my preference is that they don't, however, IMO the best thing that could happen to this team is hiring a GM, like a Louis Riddick, who believes in Haskins and will hire a HC who also believes in the young man.

If he starts against Buffalo, so be it, or as you've indicated doesn't get that start this week or in two weeks then deactivate him. Put him in the Coordinators box, headset on and a birds eye view of the action on the field for teaching purposes.

So you have prompted a question about something I have been talking about. What about drafting a guy in round 4 or later? Primarily with the idea that he is the future backup. With Gruden gone I don't think McCoy comes back and I think Keenum is a FA after the year.

I would love to have a shot at Chase Young and my friend wants to get rid of the old guy he would replace. :D If they can trade Trent and get an OT in the 1st round …. well, a man can dream.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you have prompted a question about something I have been talking about. What about drafting a guy in round 4 or later? Primarily with the idea that he is the future backup. With Gruden gone I don't think McCoy comes back and I think Keenum is a FA after the year.

I would love to have a shot at Chase Young and my friend wants to get rid of the old guy he would replace. :D If they can trade Trent and get an OT in the 1st round …. well, a man can dream.

A newly drafted late round QB would be cap friendly, but I believe that they plan to sign a free agent to man the post after a two year spate of injuries. Keep in mind, Alex Smith is still here and I'm not sure what they plan to do with him.

Don't worry about your friend though, he sounds like some sort of forward thinking nut!:D

Seriously though, get us Chase Young, and an OT to replace TW and you won't be the only one going...

upload_2019-10-28_22-7-43.jpeg

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you sure? Those guys are chumps so let me show you a few HOFers

1- Terry Bradshaw...game 1 was 4/16 for 70 yards and a pick.
Game 2...13/26 for 211 yards and a pick.
Game 3...13/29 for 207 yards and 3 picks.
Game 4...3/12 for 24 yards
It wasn’t until game five that he threw his first TD. He finished the season with 6 TDS and 24 interceptions while completing 39% of his passes.

2- Troy Aikman...first four games in the NFL, 37/85 with 1TD and 6 picks. He finished the season completing 53% passes with 9 TDS and 18 picks.

3- Alex Smith...started 7 games his rookie season, completed 50% in only 3 games (51% on season), 1 TD and 11 picks. His TD came in the final game and he never threw for more than 185 yards.

Those are just three examples of shitty beginnings with less hope than we currently have seen in Haskins. Keep in mind that Haskins has never been treated like the starter.

I was too young to have seen Aikman or Bradshaw. I do vaguely remember Alex Smith being brutally bad though.

The point is that I haven't even seen Haskins make a single play that would instill confidence in him. I think he had a couple decent touch passes in preseason but he even looked terrible overall against vanilla defenses.

Confidence in him at this point to be a franchise QB could not be lower

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
too bad you cant analyze film properly . maybe you should learn before you speak

LOL!

you post highlights from youtube or twitter or you post tape that is already broken down by somebody.... super impressive