• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

These Cats Are Predicting a Disaster For the Niners in 2012

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ha, nice work retrieving this. Barnwell still tried to cling onto his original rationale, even though it was based on total nonsense.

He took an amazing amount of shit for this whole stupid prediction, so its not like he's getting away with anything.....just trying to save a bit of face I suppose. Statheads should stick to baseball and leave football to the analysts and tactical experts.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Francisco 49ers – Niner Insider Blog – SFGate.com Why do some predict a losing 49ers season in 2012?

They claim some extensive research and some stats back up their claims but I see the Niners winning 10 or 11 barring key injuries, not 7.

Every single prediction in that shit show was dead wrong.

Defense and ST's success isn't sustainable from year to year. FAIL
Teams that go from 7-9 to double digits lose four more the next season. FAIL
Teams don't stay healthy from year to year. FAIL
The NFCW will be horrible. FAIL
Records in close games are random. FAIL
8-8 can win the NFCW. FAIL

How do any of those people that contributed to that nonsense have jobs?

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
How do any of those people that contributed to that nonsense have jobs?

Stat revolution changed baseball, so they assume they can do the same thing for other sports.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The predictions failed because as I said way back when is that they weren't factoring in any increase of offensive production. Even with Alex Smith we were a more productive offense and it was taken to a whole new level with Kap.

Also there was a complete lack of common sense on their part because they all but said we lucked ourselves to 13-3 and beat up an easy schedule to get there.

But you simply don't go 13-3, lose in the NFC Championship game in OT with one player making two critical gaffes that help decide the outcome based on some lucky breaks. All with an entirely new coaching staff with limited time in the offseason due to the lockout too boot.

If we were a "fake" 13-3 team the Saint's would've destroyed us and if we "lucked" a win against them the Giant's would've destroyed us the following week.

We were a legitimately talented team that was extremely poorly coached and that's just something all the stats and history in the world doesn't account for.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grantland:The Niners Buck the System

Sorta eats crow but still clings on the fact he was "right" about some regression.

But considering the claim was 8-9 wins and winning the NFC West which also means he was dead wrong about the Seahawks I would say he was all wrong and not partially right.

It just goes to show that it's better to use your eyes and watch games instead of relying on stats and history to predict the future.

It's like someone saying that there will be doughnuts served and therefore guessing you will eat six and then when you eat 3 saying, I told you that I was going to eat doughnuts! Or a better example is the bet on Seinfeld where Kramer bets that he will reconstruct his apartment with levels an Jerry says that he bets he won't. Kramer decides not to do the bet: Jerry and Kramer the Bet About Levels Part2 - Video

I couldn't find a good one on YouTube.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
perot-hat-punch-simpsons.gif

How I picture that douche when the 49ers beat Atlanta.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Relevant to title of thread.

[youtube]h5_lO-kWGl4[/youtube]

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BREAKING: Ollie and another cat found stabbed to death near a litter box. Bloody deer antler found at scene....

...random

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They make some good points about how healthy our football team was last year (other than WR's which they forgot to mention), our record in close games, and how few int's smith threw. I hope they keep doubting us. That's what we have come to expect and i actually prefer it so i can send them an e-mail reminding them they were wrong after the season is over.
I have to remember to do this. Muhaha.