• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: There's no place like home: Rangers host A's 7/25-7/27

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Standing pat is not the answer if you intend to go very far. JD will have to pull a rabbit out of the hat. Shoujd be a 4/5 deal somewhere better than ours.

And he did. Thank you JD

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This reliever is exactly the kind of guy I expected them to get. Fastball not spectacular, but his change up and slider are what let's him get away with that fastball.
Agree, this Alvarez guy could be a real plus for the pen. I remember Harrell when he was a part of the Astros. I noticed he has had 3 really good games and 2 bad. Well one of the bad would be good for us. 6 innings and 4 runs. Last start 6 innings of shut out ball against the Twins who clobbered us around. Other 2 good games were 7.2 with 4 hits and a run against the Cubs and 6 innings with 3 hits and 1 run against Miami. So he has done well but I think the key to this trade long term is Alvarez.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont mind this deal at all. Dario has some really nice k/9 numbers with a good slider. Harrell looks like he has some kind of pulse. Should be a upgrade over any 4 or 5 starter on the team right now. Still think we need another starter.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont mind this deal at all. Dario has some really nice k/9 numbers with a good slider. Harrell looks like he has some kind of pulse. Should be a upgrade over any 4 or 5 starter on the team right now. Still think we need another starter.

I hope Daniels is still looking for a #3 type SP

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harrell gives us depth at s minimum and likely 4-5 starts which is an improvement you have to think. Also like mentioned we are not in quite as desperate position with this trade. We could still make a move or two but only if price is right.

Dario is under team control for many years. If he continues to perform his price would have went up in offseason. Thinking our farm has a great rep which came into play and just dealt from our wealth MIF into our area of shortage pitching. Who could complain? Also what if Travis D gets popped again. Proactive

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While there’s a common belief that Lucroy will indeed be traded prior to the Aug. 1 non-waiver deadline, Rosenthal writes that the Mets feel that Milwaukee is “overreaching” in its asks for Lucroy, while AL West contenders like the Astros and Rangers are more focused on adding pitching depth than a catcher at this time. Houston is also looking at other backstops, he notes, so it’s not a guarantee that even if they move for a catcher, Lucroy would be the target. Meanwhile, MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan tweets that the Rangers have yet to show serious interest in Lucroy and consider adding a catcher to be a “luxury” at this point, as pitching depth remains their primary focus. Those tweets came prior to Texas’ acquisition of Lucas Harrell and Dario Alvarez from the Braves, but one would assume that those two arms alone have not ended the Rangers’ search for pitching upgrade.

Never assume but lets hope

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JULY 27: Fielder will undergo surgery to repair a C4/C5 herniation on Friday, according to an announcement from Rangers executive vice president of communications John Blake (Twitter link).

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JULY 27: Fielder will undergo surgery to repair a C4/C5 herniation on Friday, according to an announcement from Rangers executive vice president of communications John Blake (Twitter link).

I think he is done and we collect insurance. Hate to see a guy go out that way but it is best for Rwngers

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. A #3 guy that has upside to be a #2

Don't really see it happening

Maybe another deal like this for a Harrell type to get us to the return of Lewis and Holland, then sort through it all and see the best fit at that time, we have no idea how things will look in a month

1) how Harrell actually pitches here
2) does Colby return healthy and effective
3) see above, but for Holland
4) does Perez get his head out of his ass
5) see above, but Griffin

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Where was his previous fusion done?

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he is done and we collect insurance. Hate to see a guy go out that way but it is best for Rwngers

I think Fielder has a hard time finding anyone to declare him healthy to play next year, 60 day DL him, he gets his money and we get insurance money relief

May it be a cautionary tale, if there are warning signs, get a physical

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where was his previous fusion done?

I cant remember for sure but I thought it was the C2 and C3 that were fused the last time. I was hoping the article would go on to say, but it didnt