• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: There's no place like home: Rangers host A's 7/25-7/27

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great day at the beach at North Padre. Good surf, good meal at Scuttlebutts and then the bar keep changed the tube to the Rnagers game. Saw Perez struggle a bit and then my son assured me they would get it back. Smart kid with great faith there. Great to watch Arian will the victory.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im the one that says he has seemed pouty after defensive miscues or when he hasn't gotten calls, but tonight I didnt see that after the EA error. It just appeared he wasn't focused at all on getting the next guy in Valencia and just threw a meatball up there, instead of bearing down and going after him with quality pitches

There are multiple people that say that, but I just don't see it to the extent some claim

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are multiple people that say that, but I just don't see it to the extent some claim

I haven't seen it as much lately as I did earlier in the year(even when he was on his good roll), but guess we all see things differently. He has had his share of poor defense behind him lately and not as many timely DP's which helped a ton in his early success this season. He just obviously has struggled quite a bit in his last 5-6 starts making quality pitches, though the walks have come down some.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't gained ground since June 26th. Now that's one streak I'm very glad we snapped tonight! I think we all know JD will do something to help the team. The only question is what? TB and the white sox asking price has been way high. I bet they make a move on Santana. He has been pitching well lately.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might have might in a Matt Harrison-type way, but I don't see it happening with Prince.

My new dream is throwing him in a trade to the Reds so they can collect on insurance and we can have Votto...don't wake me...it's pleasant here.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great day at the beach at North Padre. Good surf, good meal at Scuttlebutts and then the bar keep changed the tube to the Rnagers game. Saw Perez struggle a bit and then my son assured me they would get it back. Smart kid with great faith there. Great to watch Arian will the victory.
Like your kid. Baseball can do as much for him as anything I know. Keep up the good parental work.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not following ya. How so?
Just speculating on Prince retiring and we recouping that money for Santana if we are still financially in a bind. Or buying him out. Really nonsense. Prince will want to come back and force Bannister to keep playing him.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Nick was the hard luck loser twice in one week.
I agree but when I see in 22 innings he has given up 30 hits and 22 walks to go with 8 K's that does not speak well of his pitching ability. When he is the best choice of 3 options that is not saying much.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like the Padres really wanted to get rid of Melvin Upton. Traded to Blue Jays for a class a pitcher, and Padres are paying 17 of his 22 million salary this year and next year.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like the Padres really wanted to get rid of Melvin Upton. Traded to Blue Jays for a class a pitcher, and Padres are paying 17 of his 22 million salary this year and next year.
i know of this DH . . .

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#Rangers designate Kyle Lohse for assignment and recall Nick Martinez from Triple A Round Rock. Martinez starts tonight.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just speculating on Prince retiring and we recouping that money for Santana if we are still financially in a bind. Or buying him out. Really nonsense. Prince will want to come back and force Bannister to keep playing him.

OK, I'm with ya now. Think I was being dense on that one. Sorry.

Can you buy out a baseball contract?

Frankly, I'd bet every penny I had Prince would try and come back. Don't really blame him for that. However, I sure as hell blame him for hiding this injury from the team. Can't state this strongly enough.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, I'm with ya now. Think I was being dense on that one. Sorry.

Can you buy out a baseball contract?

Frankly, I'd bet every penny I had Prince would try and come back. Don't really blame him for that. However, I sure as hell blame him for hiding this injury from the team. Can't state this strongly enough.
Not sure of that buying out stuff. Know it's been done I guess in other sports. Remember Devon Williams buying out his contract to come to the Mavericks. Why not. Just hope Fielder makes an educated and honest decision with his future. And rather quickly.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
darrylgann post: 8683932 said:
Not sure of that buying out stuff. Know it's been done I guess in other sports. Remember Devon Williams buying out his contract to come to the Mavericks. Why not. Just hope Fielder makes an educated and honest decision with his future. And rather quickly.

I could be wrong, but I don't think you can buy out a baseball contract. What happens in other professional sports has no bearing on MLB.

As far as Fielder is concerned, there's almost no chance he makes a decision quickly. He hasn't even had the surgery yet. So until he knows what the doctor finds, and tells him/team, he's dealing in the dark somewhat really.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The #Rangers clubhouse is now closed, no lineup was posted (it usually is), and we're still waiting to interview Banister. Trade?