• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

There's no "I" in Team. (You'd think this was obvious)

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one am very excited about our:thumb: team this year. Much more so than last year. Things seem to be coming together. Great link thanks.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no "I" in Team. (You'd think this was obvious)
For those that don't understand, this pic's for you!

There_is_an_I_in_Team_but_its_hidden_in_the_A_hole__11467.1380809745.1280.1280.jpg

Nice article Caynine, thanks for sharing! :suds:

I especially like this and the part I put in bold where he points to the rarity of raising the level of play of those around you.

I don't see how it can be more clear than this. Football is the ultimate team game. Can one player have such an impact on a team that it pushes the rest of the guys over the hump? Absolutely. But those are the most rare of rare players. Tom Brady, Ray Lewis, Deion Sanders, are the type of players I'm referring to when looking for that trait. Notice I did not mention Peyton Manning? Not even he has this trait. He has actually played poorly in high pressure situations throughout his career. This is the rarest of rare traits in sports. To expect that from any player is insane. It's not something that you expect to get. It's something that just happens, and you are lucky and fortunate enough to experience when that time comes.
:10:

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:suds:Nice article Caynine and although Bradford hasn't really caught fire completely, he is getting closer to having a team behind him also. I look for this year to be better for the record and this in turn will help him grow also.:lol:

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB ratings don't win games. Players who make plays do.

Down 21-3, 35-10, and 400-2 last year early in a few games... Well let's just say that prevent defense sure does bend a lot doesn't it?

Let's not forget that stats are just that. This guy who wrote this article is a typical stat geek who never laced up football shoes in his life. SO do stats tell the entire story?

Absolutely not.

And yes football is a team game.. Which is why the Rams BEAT the Saints, Bears, and Indy last year without Bradford.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Down 21-3, 35-10, and 400-2 last year early in a few games... Well let's just say that prevent defense sure does bend a lot doesn't it?

Let's not forget that stats are just that. This guy who wrote this article is a typical stat geek who never laced up football shoes in his life. SO do stats tell the entire story?

Absolutely not.

And yes football is a team game.. Which is why the Rams BEAT the Saints, Bears, and Indy last year without Bradford.

Good logic SJ. Cuts to the chase and right through the crap.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking we run the ball on 1st down 66% of the time (unless our OC falls in love with the spread during preseason again). So that means no Tavon on 1st down. The times we do pass on 1st down, we will show run 90% of the time - in theory.

SO what WRs will be on the field for 1st down? Britt, Pettis, Givens? Quick? None of those guys scare me at all right now at all. Things could change, but what I am getting at is Sam will just need to hand the ball off and make his quick reads/throws count, along with hitting a deep one every now and then. I hope Schotty uses the play-action a lot more as well. Maybe we catch a few defenses off balance? It's going to be grind-it-out football I can tell you that and we better NOT fall behind. Even against prevent, this team is not built to put up a lot of points and Tavon might run a few back, but that's asking for an injury.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Absolutely not.

Hey bro, I'm in Dallas this week. I meant to send you a PM but I've been so busy trying to tie up loose ends preparing to get away, I never got to it. Anyway, I'll be at the Rangers game tomorrow night, in case by chance you'll be there.

Let me know.

Now down to business as usual. :lol:

What the fuck are you thinking? :laugh3:

JK!

Whenever you make this argument, I think about how his interceptions don't quite match up with the garbage time stats you speak of. It's clear, when guys are in prevent defense, QB's are pressing and stats provide a few more yards and sech but also inflate the INT's.

Just some thoughts on the matter Junkie. Look forward to your response.

Now back to real life....

Hit me up with a phone call or PM if you lost my number, if you might be up for some party tonight or through Wednesday night. :suds:

~ Vita

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking we run the ball on 1st down 66% of the time (unless our OC falls in love with the spread during preseason again). So that means no Tavon on 1st down. The times we do pass on 1st down, we will show run 90% of the time - in theory.

My guess is this is exactly what we're going to see out of Schotty and the offense this season. Something more reminiscent of the latter half of 2013, than the former. The selection of Greg Robinson and Tre Mason, coupled with the ability to "retain" Rodger Saffold's services, says a return to the spread as a primary offense is highly doubtful, and I'm all for that.

I'm especially excited because, even since I was a kid, I've always been a fan of the running game. This team is filling out exactly as I, personally, would like it to. I know they say it's a "quarterback driven league", but try telling the Seahawks that.

Nasty, physical, punishing... that's what I want the legacy of the Fisher era Rams to be!

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vita - where are you staying? I'm working/living in north Dallas close to south Plano.

Back to business...

Whenever you make this argument, I think about how his interceptions don't quite match up with the garbage time stats you speak of. It's clear, when guys are in prevent defense, QB's are pressing and stats provide a few more yards and sech but also inflate the INT's.

C'mon Vita!! He's not Captain Checkdown because he's a pirate!! Do you really think he was pressing/forcing balls into windows at all? NO. It was the same ole dink and dunk. Checkdown for 5-7 yards. Oh how we forget.

Yes MOST QBs press or force balls into windows versus prevent. But not Sam. He doesn't take many chances, holds onto the ball, reacts slow to the rush...

It really has become old.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vita - where are you staying? I'm working/living in north Dallas close to south Plano.

Back to business...

C'mon Vita!! He's not Captain Checkdown because he's a pirate!! Do you really think he was pressing/forcing balls into windows at all? NO. It was the same ole dink and dunk. Checkdown for 5-7 yards. Oh how we forget.

Yes MOST QBs press or force balls into windows versus prevent. But not Sam. He doesn't take many chances, holds onto the ball, reacts slow to the rush...

It really has become old.
We were staying at the Embassy Suites near Outdoor World. Probably Monday/Tuesday was my only real shot to hook up. They had our days and nights pretty busy while I was out. Getting ready to board my flight here in a bit. Just posting from DFW whilst I wait.