• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

There's "Chatter" Deshaun Watson Could Be Traded before Week 1 to the Dolphins or Panthers

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ProFootballTalk's Mike Florio suggests Deshaun Watson could play for the Texans this season.​

Watson, who's on the Texans' active roster and has attended team meetings, is eligible to play as long as he avoids the Commissioner's Exempt List. The Athletic's Aaron Reiss reported Watson could be a healthy scratch all season, but there's currently nothing preventing the Texans from starting him. Watson's 2021 status could go a number of different ways; there are rumors Houston wants to place him on short-term IR to open the season. Playing for the Texans before getting traded in the 2022 offseason is in the range of outcomes for Watson

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ProFootballTalk's Mike Florio suggests Deshaun Watson could play for the Texans this season.​

Watson, who's on the Texans' active roster and has attended team meetings, is eligible to play as long as he avoids the Commissioner's Exempt List. The Athletic's Aaron Reiss reported Watson could be a healthy scratch all season, but there's currently nothing preventing the Texans from starting him. Watson's 2021 status could go a number of different ways; there are rumors Houston wants to place him on short-term IR to open the season. Playing for the Texans before getting traded in the 2022 offseason is in the range of outcomes for Watson
Anything Florio says, just pick the opposite and it will come true

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am worried it is going to be Philly. I hope not. Even if he beats the charges, I'd feel dirty rooting for him at this point.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Several Panthers reporters are tweeting that the team is not in on Watson at this time, due to the cloud over his head with the sexual assault allegations. It seems the team let this be known because the reporters are all saying exactly the same things, very similar wording.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the panther rumor has been around forever.
the dolphin thing is about as stupid as they come.
Sounds like clickbait.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let's put it in this thread too: Florio captured by the New Taliban :hope:

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ahoo's Charles Robinson reports the Dolphins are the "frontrunner" in Deshaun Watson trade talks, and that the Texans are seeking three first-round picks and two seconds.​

Robinson reports the Panthers, Broncos and Eagles "were also in some element of trade consideration," but that "Watson’s contractual right to approve the trade destination has weighed heavily in trade opportunities." Per Robinson, interested parties are also "angling for pick protections in any trade, to mitigate a potential NFL suspension or criminal prosecution tied to ongoing investigations by the FBI, Harris County prosecutor and Houston PD, into sexual assault allegations from multiple women." It is this last detail that makes it hard to believe any team is seriously pursuing Watson right now, or that the Texans would be maintaining such a hard line in trade talks. It would seem teams believe Watson will end up in the legal clear. Based on the publicly available facts, that is hard to believe, at least any time soon. It is also stunning it would be the Dolphins in the lead, as they have worked hard to convey a sense of being all in on Tua Tagovailoa. Acquiring Watson at anywhere close to that trade price would be an extraordinarily risky move. It is hard to believe there is a real chance this happens.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dirtier than rooting for Vick?

If you know me, you know I posted on the KFFL forums about how I would have to stop rooting for my team if they got Vick. Then...they got Vick. So I don't make such pronouncements anymore.

Vick turned out to be a pretty humbled guy in Philly. He served time unlike a lot of these players, and lost most of his money, so he paid a real price for his actions.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you know me, you know I posted on the KFFL forums about how I would have to stop rooting for my team if they got Vick. Then...they got Vick. So I don't make such pronouncements anymore.

Vick turned out to be a pretty humbled guy in Philly. He served time unlike a lot of these players, and lost most of his money, so he paid a real price for his actions.

That he did. I said on KFFL the exact same thing about if he would sign with the Vikings. Thankfully, I never had to deal with that moral dilemma.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fake News.

@FlyerFinFan has ensured us that the Dolphins are a squeaky clean organization. Remember the outrage when an old man received a consentual hand job from an old lady?

Oh and Tua is the second coming. The Dolphin FO never makes mistakes during their half century rebuild. No way they bring in Watson to compete with Tua.