• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Theeee Yankees get swept, Sox lose in 13 to the Baltimore Scals...STILL in first

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember our first week here, Hammerdown hinted about how much the SF fans here were douche bags and hinted where we needed to go. So we obliged.

And then we caught wind of how these guys are really just a bunch of ass holes in SF.

They would curse us out just for calling Lincecum a scrawny weed smoker. "FUCK YOU ASS HOLE, YOU LIVE IN YOUR MOTHER'S BASEMENT" And then they run to an admin to have us banned because they dont like confrontation, especially from "new guys".

Can someone explain to me, just what the fuck is wrong with that picture?

You think the SF board is bad? YOu should check out the asshats on the Virginia Cav's board...

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember our first week here, Hammerdown hinted about how much the SF fans here were douche bags and hinted where we needed to go. So we obliged.

And then we caught wind of how these guys are really just a bunch of ass holes in SF.

They would curse us out just for calling Lincecum a scrawny weed smoker. "FUCK YOU ASS HOLE, YOU LIVE IN YOUR MOTHER'S BASEMENT" And then they run to an admin to have us banned because they dont like confrontation, especially from "new guys".

Can someone explain to me, just what the fuck is wrong with that picture?

the 49er's are a whole different breed .. ummm team boards are off limits to trolling and we leave the board mods run their boards the way they see fit .. I dont go over there much myself .. they tend to not like fans from other teams on their turf and what their mod sees as trolling I dont ..I also dont like how ban happy the guy is either ..

Mr.Pickles

Suck My Brine
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just minding my own business.

Hammer didn't say a word about my AV yesterday WHILE I WAS ACTUALLY HAVING A CONVERSATION WITH HIM.

If it's a problem, I'll gladly change it...but it wasn't a problem with the owner of this site as recently as yesterday afternoon.

That's my issue.

And as he said, he didnt know that Hammer was cool with it

Im not taking sides and he handled it badly but they are just doing what they've been asked to do by the owner.

My point is, if we jump all over the mods, they're gonna jump all over us. Personally I dont hate any of them and I also dont really give a shit about them either. If they're in here i'll bs with them its just a messageboard guys

Zig

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hammer didn't say a word about my AV yesterday WHILE I WAS ACTUALLY HAVING A CONVERSATION WITH HIM.

If it's a problem, I'll gladly change it...but it wasn't a problem with the owner of this site as recently as yesterday afternoon.

That's my issue.

Same with Blade really. HD was in the thread with us and never said anything to Blade about his AV, a Mod did

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the 49er's are a whole different breed .. ummm team boards are off limits to trolling and we leave the board mods run their boards the way they see fit .. I dont go over there much myself .. they tend to not like fans from other teams on their turf and what their mod sees as trolling I dont ..I also dont like how ban happy the guy is either ..

Did you miss the part where the board owner actively petitioned us to troll them?

images

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as he said, he didnt know that Hammer was cool with it

Im not taking sides and he handled it badly but they are just doing what they've been asked to do by the owner.

My point is, if we jump all over the mods, they're gonna jump all over us. Personally I dont hate any of them and I also dont really give a shit about them either. If they're in here i'll bs with them its just a messageboard guys

Agreed.

You're gay

Mr.Pickles

Suck My Brine
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually going to do some work today ...

later faggits

heatwave31

i'll have the last laugh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Big Baby the next one to pull a jason collins

PeteNYC

Smart!Rich!Good Looking!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good morning all.

Who is starting their own website, paying for marketing, server, design, etc so that they can do whatever they want?

Nobody?
Good, shut the fuck up already - it's their board and they can make and edit/update/change the rules as they see fit.

It's their business and they are trying to make a living not cater to our need to prove we have an e-penis.

Good morning and happy Friday to you all.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mets approached dating website

Updated: June 14, 2013, 1:54 AM ET
By Adam Rubin | ESPNNewYork.com

Mets Approached Dating Website

NEW YORK -- A New York Mets marketing official courted a dating website that pairs older women with younger men, seeking to promote third baseman David Wright's All-Star candidacy.
The Mets ultimately got cold feet and backed away from the partnership, the team acknowledged Thursday.
Wright recently had been named "MLB's Hottest Cub" via a vote of more than 11,000 respondents on the dating website Cougarlife.com -- topping the likes of Cole Hamels and Matt Kemp. So a Mets employee approached the dating site, inquiring if it might want to help Wright overtake San Francisco

The prospective arrangement, first reported by Deadspin, eventually was nixed by the employee's superior.
The Mets host the All-Star Game on July 16 at Citi Field.
Wright surely will represent the Mets, even if he's not the starter at third base. He already has been named captain for the Home Run Derby and is featured in advertisements leading up to the game.
Sandoval, incidentally, is on the disabled list with a left foot strain. He leads Wright by more than 200,000 votes in the most recent balloting that was released Sunday.
"Cougar Life voted David Wright as the hottest cub," the Mets said in a statement Thursday. "In our effort to expand All-Star balloting to wider audiences, so as to increase votes, we did reach out to Cougar Life. Last year there was a big swing of votes at the end that cost David the starting job. We decided to do everything to make sure that doesn't happened again this year.
"We ultimately elected to pass. We thank whoever leaked this to Deadspin for increasing awareness of #VOTEWRIGHTNOW AT METS.COM."
Asked after Thursday's 2-1 loss to the St. Louis Cardinals about the Mets' abandoned marketing effort, Wright said he was appreciative.
Wright then revealed he actually has asked the team to tone down its in-game appeals to fans to vote for him for the All-Star Game. The Mets' captain said he does not feel right getting singled out for attention while the team is struggling. The Mets (24-37) are a season-low 13 games under .500.
"It's nice when the organization is trying so hard to do something for one of their players," he said. "And I can't thank them enough for that. At the same time, I've asked them to back it down a little bit, especially with the stuff in between innings.
"You appreciate what they're trying to do, and they're very good-hearted. At the same time, this is a team game. As much as I'd like to be here to represent this team in the All-Star Game, we can't let this become an in-between-inning, one-player production. Especially with the way we're playing as a team, I feel very uncomfortable being singled out for All-Star Game-type stuff."
As for being named "Hottest Cub," the recently engaged Wright responded playfully.
"Serious? Ummm, I guess it's a nice honor," he said. "Did you guys have to draw straws for who asked that question? I guess I'd like to thanks my parents for the genes."

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good morning all.

Who is starting their own website, paying for marketing, server, design, etc so that they can do whatever they want?

Answer: not the guy being a raving douchebag in here...

Yankees must've lost...

Sake Bomb Sam

FREE UNO!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's my issue.

The problem with avatars is that they are subjective to the person reviewing them.

What one admin feels is appropriate, another feels its a violation.

Also avatars that were acceptable on Wednesday with certain Admins are now an issue on Friday with the same Admins for whatever reason (personal or otherwise).

It leads to posters questioning policies (which is a completely normal response) to admins now making ultimatums because of the perceived questioning of authority (which sometimes it is and sometimes it is merely asking a question for clarification)

Its all very confusing. Vague rules, varying stances, bruised egos, perceived drama.

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Big Baby the next one to pull a jason collins

No..he's already done too much to use coming out as his last ditch effort to gain some notoriety in life...and he's not close to retiring...sooooo....

PeteNYC

Smart!Rich!Good Looking!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Answer: not the guy being a raving douchebag in here...

Yankees must've lost...

Pointing out that crying about a website is super gay is being a raving douchebag?
umm.. okay.

How about the two days of crying about what pictures you can post.

heatwave31

i'll have the last laugh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No..he's already done too much to use coming out as his last ditch effort to gain some notoriety in life...and he's not close to retiring...sooooo....

Ok.. but is he jason collins significant other?
You know. . Jason's "Baby"