• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thee offical Nebraska VS BYU thread.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I didn't say loses......I said loses by 3 TD's. In blowout fashion.

Nebraska = BYU talent-wise.

As sad as it is to say. Currently, with where our players are at from Bo-days, they are just equal to BYU.

2 very very similar teams. We have a bit more upside and have potential to get better.....that's the only difference.

I've always said pleeny was recruiting the best of the mid-major type players. I caught tons of crap for it.

Riley is doing the same.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jumping to conclusions after 1 game. Most knowledgeable fan base , everyone.

Yeah. I figure Riley and company will learn a lot from this game.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to diarrhea shit in broncos hat

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And on a good note, our away jerseys won't look as ugly as Michigan's, Washington's, and Virginia's do this year!

:yes: :nod: :pound: :nono: :hellno:

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I figure Riley and company will learn a lot from this game.
this. look at the 2nd half alone. as others have been saying, bo would have lost in the 2nd quarter and would have laid an egg in the 2nd half. this team got it together and put together a great 2nd half except a handful of plays.

i thought Langsdorf over thought quite a bit of stuff. definitely didn't let Tommy run the ball enough. that last play, a freakin jet sweep to Turner, that was one of the dumbest play calls. should have given tommy a run/pass option.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was being sarcastic tom

Riley's been in coaching for 40 years
He's been a Head Coach 22 of those years

We made those excuses for pleeny in his first couple years.
Some made those excuses for pleeny up until Dec 2014.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish Drew Brown was as nice of a guy as Coach Riley. Hard to be mad at nice guys

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish Drew Brown was as nice of a guy as Coach Riley. Hard to be mad at nice guys

Even if he had made the second kick, still wouldn't have been enough points.

The first kick was into a 25mph gust. That thing had about a 33% chance anyways.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am back from the visit
they are all very old --rich and could care less about the Husker game outcome
they did mention that I look a lot like my dad though
Your poor dad Pops! LOL

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
:L

He was not on the hot seat for turning around the worst program in the history of College Football for shit's sake

He sure as well was, otherwise I think he would have stayed there. He may have thought he would have gotten fired if his next season wasn't better, and then all of a sudden a bonehead by the name of Eichorst saved his ass! I don't blame Riley taking the Nebraska job knowing he'll earn a few million dollars for his retirement nest egg.

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL !! my dad has been 6 feet under since 82
lets focus on the Huskers right now

I got ta thinkin about the program and all --the Mike nice guy Riley pick as head coach thaaaaaang
the Husker program is now in the traditional incubator 50's Jennings period
how long will this last ---time will tell
thar is a Bob Devaney out thar to resurect the Huskers

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He sure as well was, otherwise I think he would have stayed there. He may have thought he would have gotten fired if his next season wasn't better, and then all of a sudden a bonehead by the name of Eichorst saved his ass! I don't blame Riley taking the Nebraska job knowing he'll earn a few million dollars for his retirement nest egg.

Holy shit

popeyecv64

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so true-- the Beaver association made no moves to retain the Mike and staff at all
as a matter of fact the Beavers won thar opener today

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Now, I'll say it again.......Bo loses to this team by 3 TD's.

We all know this.

This team is almost as discombobulated as Pelini's teams were. Did you notice the amount of penalties by Nebraska? Despite this, all is not lost. Nebraska could still have an 8-4 season, the same kind of season Pelini was noted for, and since this was Riley's first game, there's still a chance he'll be slightly more successful overall than Pelini was.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn guys.........Bo Pelini really did a number on you poor bastards.

We are fine. We took steps forward today. Most of the guys wearing red today aren't even used to experiencing what they experienced today.......which was not letting a quality team blow them out once the opponent got the ball rolling.

We made adjustments at half time and came out and dominated the 3rd quarter. There are obvious signs that the players still have to shake the Pelini days off, but it will come with time.

We didn't roll over and die today like we've been used to seeing the past couple of seasons. It took a hail mary to beat us. Sucks that it worked out for them, sucks that we were in that position........but at least we were in that position and not sucking hind tit in embarrassing fashion.

Remember when UCLA came here a couple years ago? That UCLA team was about as good as the BYU team we faced today. Similar situation, except this time we made adjustments and didn't get blown out.

popeyecv64

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn guys.........Bo Pelini really did a number on you poor bastards.

We are fine. We took steps forward today. Most of the guys wearing red today aren't even used to experiencing what they experienced today.......which was not letting a quality team blow them out once the opponent got the ball rolling.

We made adjustments at half time and came out and dominated the 3rd quarter. There are obvious signs that the players still have to shake the Pelini days off, but it will come with time.

We didn't roll over and die today like we've been used to seeing the past couple of seasons. It took a hail mary to beat us. Sucks that it worked out for them, sucks that we were in that position........but at least we were in that position and not sucking hind tit in embarrassing fashion.

Remember when UCLA came here a couple years ago? That UCLA team was about as good as the BYU team we faced today. Similar situation, except this time we made adjustments and didn't get blown out.
I actually had some supper with Bo back in the day ---we ate at the Red Fox
all he ever talked about was his cat and how he had the cat trained enough to flush a toilet without opposing thumbs ???
and he did stick me fer the bill ta boot and tip