• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thee offical Nebraska VS BYU thread.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
he went after a crew that was just average and nice ---- the Beavers did nothin to retain any of them ---not one

this season will wake him up --then again mabe he is lookin to Florida schools as his home again

Riley really was on the hot seat and he figured, why not rake in some extra cash in Lincoln before retiring. In that poll we had here a while back I predicted a 7-5 season. After a very possible loss to Miami, three conference losses looks like a strong possibility.

I'm still hopeful my prediction was wrong, but man, a win today would have been big.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riley really was on the hot seat and he figured, why not rake in some extra cash in Lincoln before retiring. In that poll we had here a while back I predicted a 7-5 season. After a very possible loss to Miami, three conference losses looks like a strong possibility.

I'm still hopeful my prediction was wrong, but man, a win today would have been big.

:L

He was not on the hot seat for turning around the worst program in the history of College Football for shit's sake

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Me too. I never liked prevent defenses as it always gives up big chunks of yardage. That throw Tommie made on the fake screen was a TD killer.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't get how no one attempted to knock the ball down. Have these kids never seen a hail mary before?

Coaching

You gotta put someone in front of the ball too.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, the main group of receivers were in the back of the endzone, where the ball was intended to go. We had them surrounded.

The last receiver came running in from the opposite side of the field and luckily the ball ended up coming up short from the intended target, and perfectly in the right place for him to make a play on it.

The 2 guys covering him were running with him from the opposite side of the field so they didn't really get a chance to get set and make a play on the ball. With that said, they still should have known......but yea basically it wasn't even a hail mary. It was a blind pass that hit a receiver damn neared perfectly in stride.

A lot of luck, a lot of bad Defense, a lot of things in general......went into making that play.

Good for them.

Fumble_Rooskie

Big Red Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's right - good for them because they deserved to win and our team did not.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One observation, no Helu, Rex, Ameer. Who will step up this year?

Fumble_Rooskie

Big Red Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hail mary was only a sampling of our team not being able to defend the pass. We need some serious work on what they think "zone" coverage means. It doesn't mean always keep 5-10 yards off the receiver. Sheesh....

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor clock management on the last NU series. They were snapping the ball with 8-10 seconds left on the play clock. Poor coaching.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, the main group of receivers were in the back of the endzone, where the ball was intended to go. We had them surrounded.

The last receiver came running in from the opposite side of the field and luckily the ball ended up coming up short from the intended target, and perfectly in the right place for him to make a play on it.

The 2 guys covering him were running with him from the opposite side of the field so they didn't really get a chance to get set and make a play on the ball. With that said, they still should have known......but yea basically it wasn't even a hail mary. It was a blind pass that hit a receiver damn neared perfectly in stride.

A lot of luck, a lot of bad Defense, a lot of things in general......went into making that play.

Good for them.
Yep. Same thing on that long 4th down play they converted. QB scrambled and heaved it up...Davie looked to have good coverage on the play but the ball came up short, and the receiver was able to make the adjustment. Tough to jostle for position with a 6'6" receiver.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ the drunks on Big Red Overreaction.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How in the hell can we already chalk this up to bad coaching after one game?

You are looking back at Oregon State's past 5 seasons to come up with this conclusion, RA.

BYU is a good team, not a great team. We are a good team, not a great team. We have good talent, not great talent. It was a pretty even game, plain and simple.

Perhaps it might take some time for a new coach to build what he wants? Maybe our expectations for a brand new staff coming in and having a team playing far above where they were last season is a bit unrealistic? Should we maybe give it some time and not jump to conclusions?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, I'll say it again.......Bo loses to this team by 3 TD's.

We all know this.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How in the hell can we already chalk this up to bad coaching after one game?

You are looking back at Oregon State's past 5 seasons to come up with this conclusion, RA.

BYU is a good team, not a great team. We are a good team, not a great team. We have good talent, not great talent. It was a pretty even game, plain and simple.

Perhaps it might take some time for a new coach to build what he wants? Maybe our expectations for a brand new staff coming in and having a team playing far above where they were last season is a bit unrealistic? Should we maybe give it some time and not jump to conclusions?

Huskerz fer champz

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, I'll say it again.......Bo loses to this team by 3 TD's.

We all know this.

I agree bo pleeny loses this game today.

However, that's why he was fired.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree bo pleeny loses this game today.

However, that's why he was fired.

No, I didn't say loses......I said loses by 3 TD's. In blowout fashion.

Nebraska = BYU talent-wise.

As sad as it is to say. Currently, with where our players are at from Bo-days, they are just equal to BYU.

2 very very similar teams. We have a bit more upside and have potential to get better.....that's the only difference.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jumping to conclusions after 1 game. Most knowledgeable fan base , everyone.