• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The wheels are coming off in Seattle...

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read a report (sorry no link) from Disney that the Seahawks are fed up with Marshawn Lynch and do not intend to bring him back next year. It probably is not a smart idea to resign him under any circumstance, but to have this news break in the middle of the season is noteworthy.

Man, to think, nearly everyone under the sun had Seattle as a lock to be a legit contender this year. 8 weeks into the season and Seattle is trading players (Harvin) and making declarations about key cogs not being wanted any longer. Couldn't have happened to a more humble group of guys! I love it.

After the ASS WHOOPIN we put on the 'Hawks, one has to wonder if we broke their spirit?

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks did not really deal with a ton of injuries last season. They have had some this season. Also they gave Sherman the huge contract and have decisions to make regarding the salary cap because they need to sign their QB. One would also think that they have a young core, but many of these guys are going to want to get paid in the future. The Salary cap is going to make it very hard for them to duplicate what they did last season and keep any type of dynasty going.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle was lucky to get out of Carolina with a win today. Not sure how I would feel about that win if I am a Seahawks fan. On the one hand they won on the road and only gave up 9 points. On the other hand Seattle only scored 13 points and was in real danger of losing that game. Carolina is not very good defensively, giving up 26 points and 35+ in 4 out of the previous 5 weeks. and Seattle struggled to get anything going offensively. They look like shit right now. To think this is the same team that beat the Broncos...

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle was lucky to get out of Carolina with a win today. Not sure how I would feel about that win if I am a Seahawks fan. On the one hand they won on the road and only gave up 9 points. On the other hand Seattle only scored 13 points and was in real danger of losing that game. Carolina is not very good defensively, giving up 26 points and 35+ in 4 out of the previous 5 weeks. and Seattle struggled to get anything going offensively. They look like shit right now. To think this is the same team that beat the Broncos...

That's the problem for the Seabags right now. They aren't the same team they were last year. Hard to pinpoint what the issues are (I defer to Seattle fans who might be better plugged in than us).

The one obvious thing I see is that Lynch isn't exactly striking fear in anyone right now. San Diego provided the blue print of balanced offense and making Wilson beat opponents from the pocket and Dallas executed that perfectly. Still seems to me though that a good dose of the Beast would cure a lot of their ills.

Their defense isn't the problem.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the problem for the Seabags right now. They aren't the same team they were last year. Hard to pinpoint what the issues are (I defer to Seattle fans who might be better plugged in than us).

The one obvious thing I see is that Lynch isn't exactly striking fear in anyone right now. San Diego provided the blue print of balanced offense and making Wilson beat opponents from the pocket and Dallas executed that perfectly. Still seems to me though that a good dose of the Beast would cure a lot of their ills.

Beastmode has been lacking, and I don't know why. When they fed him the ball yesterday he got into a rhythm that was hard to stop. But then they gave up on it.

In the offseason the Seattle fans were talking about how this was going to be a dynasty and everyone else told them those just don't exist anymore because of stuff just like this. People want to get paid, ego's explode, and coaches get everything scrutinized so they get to the point they are coaching to what the media calls for instead of what got them wins.

Also, I still believe Campbells thick and chunky has a lot to do with it as well. You become their spokesman, you start to suck. McFlabb, Tomlinsion, Cruz, Clay Matthews last year, Sherman

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beastmode has been lacking, and I don't know why. When they fed him the ball yesterday he got into a rhythm that was hard to stop. But then they gave up on it.

In the offseason the Seattle fans were talking about how this was going to be a dynasty and everyone else told them those just don't exist anymore because of stuff just like this. People want to get paid, ego's explode, and coaches get everything scrutinized so they get to the point they are coaching to what the media calls for instead of what got them wins.

Also, I still believe Campbells thick and chunky has a lot to do with it as well. You become their spokesman, you start to suck. McFlabb, Tomlinsion, Cruz, Clay Matthews last year, Sherman

I got into an absolute war with Seahawks nation because I said before the season that 1) Russell Wilson is a top 15 but not top 5 QB and 2) I said I didn't think the Seahawks would make the playoffs. I stand by #1. As to #2, it wasn't being a hater, that's just the way this league works year in and year out. The Seahawks may have saved their season yesterday in Carolina, and if they got home field, they'd be the favorites. If they go on the road as a wildcard to Green Bay, SF, New Orleans, Dallas or Philly, I don't think any of those teams would be scared to see them coming

Last edited by a moderator:

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The thing is, yea the Seahawks aren't the same team they were a year ago, but they were looking strong early in the year. They flat out beat Denver earlier this year. The game was not as close as the score indicated. They lost a tough one to a very good Chargers team on the road, but all in all they looked very good. And then Dallas went to Seattle and almost ran them out of their own stadium. Going in to that game Seattle had won 18 of 19 at home going back to 2012. Dallas gave them a beating and they just have not looked the same since.

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hmmm... might be onto something here. That and the Madden curse.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle still has a great defense. I give Linehan credit for running murray over and over and exploiting the aftermath of all that great running. The problem I see is the Seahawks don't have the receiving Corp to play catch up if the get very far behind.