• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Walking Dead

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty meh episode tonight to me but was one of those necessary episodes to kind of make you understand the hardships everyone is going through. The ending was a nice little cliffhanger though.

Tried to watch SNL without watching too much this week. looked boring when I switched back. Cant even remember why Rick and this group are even on foot. They just left the hospital where it seemed there were cars everywhere and a new woman in charge that would have offered them help to leave.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tried to watch SNL without watching too much this week. looked boring when I switched back. Cant even remember why Rick and this group are even on foot. They just left the hospital where it seemed there were cars everywhere and a new woman in charge that would have offered them help to leave.

They did drive up to the Richmond area but only Tyrese,Michone,Rick,and Noah where in the first vehicle the rest stayed close by. Rick's small group decided to walk into the woods to get to Noah's neighborhood where walkers had invaded and also being chased by Walkers after Tyrese got bitten and they had to chop his arm off and had to hurry to get back and found another car. Then in episode 10 we see them driving until they run out of gas and then they go on foot the rest of the way.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show's being kinda racist right now, with who it is making me dislike.

Ty, Noah and Sasha are/were annoying the shit out of me.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show's being kinda racist right now, with who it is making me dislike.

Ty, Noah and Sasha are/were annoying the shit out of me.

You hate the black characters, therefore the show is being racist...

:noidea:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After sleeping on it, I think it safe to say that that episode ranks as the worst episode of the series so far.

And I am OK with that. Like I said last night, while it was a boring episode, in order to get the points that it was trying to communicate across, it kind of HAD to be boring and slow.

The group has no energy. They have no ability right now to do anything requiring a lot of energy. The group feels lost right now. They feel like they have no purpose in the new world. What is the difference between them and the dogs they ate? They are just a pack wandering aimlessly.

Could either of those themes be portrayed in an action-packed episode? The episode HAD to be slow and boring. They relied on a lot of the cache that the show has earned over the last 5 years of being an amazing show to make this statement episode.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess i am by myself. I actually liked last nights episode. It was a lil different. I liked how we got shots of the whole group together. I hate when they split all up. They need each other and i guess thats what it meant when it took all of them to hold the barn door shut. I enjoyed the different type of episode. The danger was themselves. Being hungry and thirsty put everyone on a bad level wanting to just give in. Was better than the hey will u run into town episode to get supplies and then we know someone will almost get attacked in a store and they fight and then make it back at the end. I for one liked the different type of episode. I think its getting better IMO.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You hate the black characters, therefore the show is being racist...

:noidea:

I dislike them at the current moment. Can anyone stand Noah and Sasha right now?

It is written as so. I don't dislike them cuz they are black...they just happen to be.

So ya....what I originally said:noidea:

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dislike them at the current moment. Can anyone stand Noah and Sasha right now?

It is written as so. I don't dislike them cuz they are black...they just happen to be.

^^^^^

Merle_Dixon.jpg

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess i am by myself. I actually liked last nights episode. It was a lil different. I liked how we got shots of the whole group together. I hate when they split all up. They need each other and i guess thats what it meant when it took all of them to hold the barn door shut. I enjoyed the different type of episode. The danger was themselves. Being hungry and thirsty put everyone on a bad level wanting to just give in. Was better than the hey will u run into town episode to get supplies and then we know someone will almost get attacked in a store and they fight and then make it back at the end. I for one liked the different type of episode. I think its getting better IMO.

This is pretty much my view of the ep. When I say it was the worst ep of the series, that does not mean it was a bad ep. I am not sure there has been an ep yet that I have flat out disliked. Everyone rails against Still, but I actually liked that episode. It shed a lot of light on Daryl's past and built the foundation for his feeling all torn up when Beth dies.

Interestingly, the director of Still also directed this episode...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gotta say, I don't understand the hate for Noah. He had absolutely NOTHING to do with either Beth or Ty's deaths, so I can't blame for those. He is supposed to be a "kid" (I would guess no older than 22-ish) and he has lost his brothers, mom, dad, town, was not able to locate his uncle (I kinda suspect his uncle will be Morgan) and was kidnapped. I am willing to give him a minute or two to get his feet under him.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like Noah. Too many alpha-males on the show now, and the non alpha-males are misfits like Gabriel and Eugene. Noah is a breath of fresh air in my opinion.

Overall I don't really care either way for Sasha since she was introduce 2 years ago. She was a bit annoying last night, but so was Maggie. They both reminded me of suicidal Andrea after she lost her sister. Hopefully it doesn't last long.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya Maggie bugged too, but at least they did somewhat explain themselves as to why she seemed so meh about Beth.

Look, it's 3-plus years into the Zombie Apocalypse. If you are still a threat to the group because you are weak, sensitive or stupid, (and your name is not Judith) than there is a good chance I won't like them.

Regardless of their color-skin. Just so happens, the last few have been black.

But...according to Cam... Ima racist hillbilly.

Truth be told, he's just pissed he's a ginger:happy:

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Noah. Too many alpha-males on the show now, and the non alpha-males are misfits like Gabriel and Eugene. Noah is a breath of fresh air in my opinion.

Overall I don't really care either way for Sasha since she was introduce 2 years ago. She was a bit annoying last night, but so was Maggie. They both reminded me of suicidal Andrea after she lost her sister. Hopefully it doesn't last long.
It's amazing how two women can be on their periods.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall a bit of a boring episode but needed for the direction of the show going into the end of the season. I wonder what happened to the Walkers fighting to get into the barn that made them just get ripped away. Tornado? What's with the clean suburban camping guy at the end who knew Rick's name? One more observation, just by watching the first episodes ,is that how these characters have changed in looks (the ones alive anyway) as to how they look now. No clean cut look at all. How does Camper Guy sport that look? I guess we will find out.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Try to keep comic spoilers out of this thread. There is another thread (that basically only I post in :bawling:) that should be used for comic discussions.

When I have a comic spoilerish comment to make, I leave a post here saying that my response is in the other thread. I have no idea if anyone actually looks, though... :noidea:

Edit:

I removed the text of the post. the post itself has been moved here.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/threads/the-walking-dead-tv-show-with-comic-spoilers.114877/

Last edited:

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got to say, the episode tonight was great. My faith in the show has been dwindling, but tonight's episode restored my faith. I can't wait to see what hell Alexandria brings.