• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Walking Dead

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fell behind, so I watched this and the new episode back to back. Dunno why, but I kinda liked it too. And I loved seeing my Rosita stretch out in the rain. Wet t-shirt contest! :D
I was looking for a new perv like but I had to settle for the cake one!

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:gaah:
Watched the latest. Happy about Alexandria, thought Aaron's character talked too much, and that's about it. Some parts were so friggin' dark I couldn't tell what was going on.

But here's my big question: How does Glenn keep that happenin' goatee so well manicured?
Agreed about another episode with dark parts. :gaah:. As far as Glen's goatee I heard that Maggie is a goat muncher.:nod:

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was pretty much told in this episode, 16 was cleared, 23 was not. 23 was full of walkers. I would expect they expect us to know that the main highways are littered with cars and walkers.

Episode was OK, they said they were gonna be introducing gay men in this part of the season, did they need to make it an entire episode? Rick wont be able to stay in the compound, just setting up this big group splitting up again. Dont think we will find walker babies in closets or heads in jars, but eventually they will find something wrong with this place. One of those pictures looked just like terminus.
The gay men thing was brought in at a perfect time IMO. It didn't really happen until the end of the episode and nobody knew who the other person was until near the end. TWD has been dealing with Lesbians for some time now so no big deal. Hopefully they will figure out that they can't reproduce.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They might for the next season or is there any word on that?

After they have already built the set for Alexandria, I doubt they will up and leave at this point. Would be a major under-taking to relocate at this point. The entire cast and crew live in Atlanta, and I am sure they are getting nice perks to stay in the area that they are probably under contract in order to receive.

They aint going nowhere.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed about another episode with dark parts. :gaah:. As far as Glen's goatee I heard that Maggie is a goat muncher.:nod:

Well, she was raised on a farm. :pound:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

During TTD, they had one of their trivia questions regarding the state of the plate that Eric gave to Aaron. NO ONE had any idea what state it was (approx. 33% for all 3 options), so obviously it was an editing issue. I was actually trying to make out the state in that scene and had no clue what it was.

They have to realize this and fix it moving forward, right?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, one more thing about my lovely Rosita...it appears that in their travels, our weary band has happened upon a botox clinic.

I approve. :thumb:

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During TTD, they had one of their trivia questions regarding the state of the plate that Eric gave to Aaron. NO ONE had any idea what state it was (approx. 33% for all 3 options), so obviously it was an editing issue. I was actually trying to make out the state in that scene and had no clue what it was.

They have to realize this and fix it moving forward, right?
I missed the TTD but that is a good question. I thought it was a Michigan plate but not sure.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually thought that sounded like walkers.

Yeah, I feel like it was easy to miss. Calls back to when Rick said "truth is, I don't know what would make me want to go through those gates" to Michonne. I noticed that they dedicated an Andrew Lincoln segment to it on Talking Dead so the point should hit home for everyone who watches the after-show.

Michonne might be the least hottest chick ever on TTD but she might be the best guest in terms of subject matter.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope this doesn't turn into Zombie Brokeback Mountain. I'd have to stop watching.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope this doesn't turn into Zombie Brokeback Mountain. I'd have to stop watching.
Gay zombie love....it's all good. One chomp and the relationship is over. Not sure about the women...that may take a bit of munching.....

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eric and Aaron are "out", but just wait a few seasons. There is a much beloved character that turns out to gay for no reason. This person is on the dl with it though. I still have no idea why they took that route...

Eric and Aaron never bothered me, though. It actually builds their characters and is important to who they are.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eric and Aaron are "out", but just wait a few seasons. There is a much beloved character that turns out to gay for no reason. This person is on the dl with it though. I still have no idea why they took that route...

Eric and Aaron never bothered me, though. It actually builds their characters and is important to who they are.

I'm sure TWD will do it better than The Flash where they just awkwardly mention one of the villains is gay lol. It just seems forced a lot of times when writers introduce gay characters, like they are just trying to get the gay demographic to love them or something.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure TWD will do it better than The Flash where they just awkwardly mention one of the villains is gay lol. It just seems forced a lot of times when writers introduce gay characters, like they are just trying to get the gay demographic to love them or something.
I fully agree. From the comics, I think Eric and Aaron were done well. The other character, however, I think was done to make a political point, and that kinda irritated me.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch the Flash, but I don't remember this. Which villain was supposed to be gay? Captain Cold?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was pretty much told in this episode, 16 was cleared, 23 was not. 23 was full of walkers. I would expect they expect us to know that the main highways are littered with cars and walkers.

Episode was OK, they said they were gonna be introducing gay men in this part of the season, did they need to make it an entire episode? Rick wont be able to stay in the compound, just setting up this big group splitting up again. Dont think we will find walker babies in closets or heads in jars, but eventually they will find something wrong with this place. One of those pictures looked just like terminus.
My problem is not that they using side roads so much as these side roads are through wild forests and there are stand-alone farmhouses everywhere. Never once have they gone to a shopping center or suburbia or an apartment complex (save for the one Gov episode). Houses are either one-offs or in gated communities and stores/shops are all alone as well.

I understand I am picking nits. This is done for budgetary reasons. I get that. It is just a little unbelievable that they are only a couple miles from the DC mall and they are still driving through rural country.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch the Flash, but I don't remember this. Which villain was supposed to be gay? Captain Cold?

Hartley Rathaway, the former golden boy at S.T.A.R. Labs. My enjoyment of the series dropped off quite a bit after that episode but if Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D taught me anything, it's that you have to give a show a chance before you write it off.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hartley Rathaway, the former golden boy at S.T.A.R. Labs. My enjoyment of the series dropped off quite a bit after that episode but if Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D taught me anything, it's that you have to give a show a chance before you write it off.
I don't know if I completely missed that factoid, or just forgot it. It doesn't sound familiar to me...

Obviously, it didn't bother me enough at the time to even make an impact... :noidea: