• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Walking Dead

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if I completely missed that factoid, or just forgot it. It doesn't sound familiar to me...

Obviously, it didn't bother me enough at the time to even make an impact... :noidea:

They mention it in an indirect way, Caitlin basically says that Hartley got his trust fund taken away for being gay while she was giving a run-down on him. It just seemed unnecessary, it doesn't make or break the series for me, I just don't find the show to be all that great in general right now. But I will say that I found Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D to be pretty terrible for the first 10 episodes or so, then it got good in the second half of season 1.

TWD on the other hand, I feel has come out strong for the most part so far and I'm hoping it'll stay on this level. The little Dale reference with the RV was a nice touch as well. I feel like Aaron is a well written character so far other than the gayness.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They mention it in an indirect way, Caitlin basically says that Hartley got his trust fund taken away for being gay while she was giving a run-down on him. It just seemed unnecessary, it doesn't make or break the series for me, I just don't find the show to be all that great in general right now. But I will say that I found Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D to be pretty terrible for the first 10 episodes or so, then it got good in the second half of season 1.

TWD on the other hand, I feel has come out strong for the most part so far and I'm hoping it'll stay on this level. The little Dale reference with the RV was a nice touch as well. I feel like Aaron is a well written character so far other than the gayness.

Haven't seen the show yet, but I used to read the comic. There, Hartley was the Pied Piper, and was the gay member of the Rogues. Cold's sister Lisa was the Golden Glider and was also gay. However, she got killed.

There. I got my Geek on. Back to The Walking Dead. ;)

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't seen the show yet, but I used to read the comic. There, Hartley was the Pied Piper, and was the gay member of the Rogues. Cold's sister Lisa was the Golden Glider and was also gay. However, she got killed.

There. I got my Geek on. Back to The Walking Dead. ;)

I've never been a comic reader so now that makes a lot more sense.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you blame him after what he's been through?

I can't blame him but Rick is becoming even more excessively parnoid with passage of time. I could easily foresee another breakdown.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's too predictable that this apparent sanctuary turns out to be another nightmare for Rick's group, at least in the sense that it's run by corrupt/evil people. I think the terror that we'll see behind the walls will be the one that Rick unleashes on its current residence, thanks to his paranoia.

I really liked the shout-out to Dale via the RV. I guess being reminded of Dale is what brought back Glenn's human side. Hopefully this is a turning point for Glenn's character. I liked him the first couple of seasons but he's annoyed me ever since. He's become just another surly alpha-male, something this show has plenty of already.

Was anybody else waiting for Rick to have Aaron drink the water he had left? The whole time in the barn, I kept expecting it to happen.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't blame him but Rick is becoming even more excessively parnoid with passage of time. I could easily foresee another breakdown.
Not sure about a breakdown but he trusts nobody beyond the group. IMO Carl is the one to watch for. A kid that is growing up in this has no bearing of what once was.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's too predictable that this apparent sanctuary turns out to be another nightmare for Rick's group, at least in the sense that it's run by corrupt/evil people. I think the terror that we'll see behind the walls will be the one that Rick unleashes on its current residence, thanks to his paranoia.

I really liked the shout-out to Dale via the RV. I guess being reminded of Dale is what brought back Glenn's human side. Hopefully this is a turning point for Glenn's character. I liked him the first couple of seasons but he's annoyed me ever since. He's become just another surly alpha-male, something this show has plenty of already.

Was anybody else waiting for Rick to have Aaron drink the water he had left? The whole time in the barn, I kept expecting it to happen.
Yes to the bolded. Rick is slipping. I would have made him drink it.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wanted to make sure the new software is working properly. Hola, Rosita! ;)

christian-serratos-sera-rosita-espinosa.jpg

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched the latest. Happy about Alexandria, thought Aaron's character talked too much, and that's about it. Some parts were so friggin' dark I couldn't tell what was going on.

But here's my big question: How does Glenn keep that happenin' goatee so well manicured? :scratch:

He's Asian. That's his actual growth since the start of the ZA. :lol:

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really liked this ep. Laid the groundwork for their lives in Alexandria nicely.

Great seeing the group always have each other's backs. It will make them a force in the community as they know what they are doing and all back each other up.

Carols lies were brilliant to get them to let their guard down and allow herself to survey under the radar.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great seeing the group always have each other's backs. It will make them a force in the community as they know what they are doing and all back each other up.

Carols lies were brilliant to get them to let their guard down and allow herself to survey under the radar.

I agree! This was a well produced episode.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Talking Dead Chris kept talking about an "Easter Egg" from that episode but I must have somehow missed when it was revealed. Was it Rick wiping the steam off the mirror before looking at himself and shaving, similarly to Shane in season 2 before shaving his head?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I LOVED the Carol interview. I was getting worried that the writers were forgetting about her, but tonight's episode reminded me why she is my favorite character.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts...

1) Carol rocks. Anyone who says there is a different character that is the best, they are wrong. The writers have done a masterful job with her.

2) I like Alexandra Breckenridge as Jesse. I was expecting her to be Holly, but Jesse works too.

3) Deanna is a very interesting take. I like it so far. I don't think the clear change will be too much of a diversion from the comics.

4) Interested to see what Enid is all about. I am guessing that she was spying on Rick when he hid the gun since she is able to get in and out of the compound with relative ease. I will guess that she will take over for Sophia moving forward.

5) Nicholas and Aden will certainly get theirs. They have no clue who they are dealing with. For them to tell Glenn how to operate outside the walls is pretty funny.

6) Where was Gabriel? He was not even an extra in this episode. Looks like they are following the comics with him...

I wish I didn't basically know where everything is heading. These last few episodes have been solid, but I find myself judging every casting decision and every variance instead of just enjoying the show. Everything is changing so dramatically right now, though, that I am not sure it is possible NOT to watch with those eyes.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I LOVED the Carol interview. I was getting worried that the writers were forgetting about her, but tonight's episode reminded me why she is my favorite character.

The way she put her gun on the gun pile and acted like she was weak was fucking awesome as well. So great how she planned that from the start. Im really liking this storyline because I've been a big proponent of keeping the group together. Just love how badass they are as a group. Hopefully Michonne doesn't let her guard down too much.

As for the TD Easter egg. They pretty much just ignored it. I'm assuming it was about the walker who got his skin ripped off being the same actor as the one that killed Dale. But who knows.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved this episode. Like Cal, I know where it's headed but am assuming that there will be a tv twist or two involved. Didn't catch who wrote this particular ep, was it Kirkman? 'Cuz it sure shoulda been. Pretty much a carbon copy of the comic at this point, except for making the character of Douglas female. Great stuff.

Carol was great, but the biggest accomplishment to me was making Carl interesting all of a sudden. Didn't think that was possible.

Where was my Rosita???

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this sure seemed like a dream sequence to me. The last person I thought would be fitting in was Carol. I though her and Daryl would be sleeping under a tree somewhere. Carl got some story, I felt him losing the girl in the woods was already a sign they were getting soft. Dont know how he and rick ended up together way back at that abandoned house though.