• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Walking Dead

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW. I didn't say you said he had anything to do with it.

I was proving a point. If Rick is ok with all the Dawn supporters he is certainly ok with Noah the one person who actually friended Beth and tried to save her.

You can try and twist it any way you want but it isn't logical. Rick would NEVER kill Noah for this stuff. None of it is his fault.

:L:L:L:L

You quoted my post so what would that leave one to believe???

And in the immediate future he may not, but if luck continues to go south, you never know Rick has always looked at the bad in people especially when he goes on one of his tirades.

Just saying dude, gently put the stick down!!!

:lol:

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Noah is responsible for Beth's death, then Rick is responsible for the following:

Ed
Amy
A few extras at the camp
Jim
Jackie
Sophia
Dale
Shane
Jimmy
Patricia
T-Dogg
Lori
Merle
Andrea
Herschel
All the extras from the prison that died

Most of those are a bit of a stretch to pin on Rick, but no moreso than pinning Beth's death on Noah. Rick's decisions and actions were part of a series of events that led to all of those deaths. I could have included a few others that would be even more of a reach, including Beth. It's a zombie apocalypse. People are going to die from time to time.

Ed- Shane beat Ed to a pulp, how is that Rick's fault?
Amy- Was attacked by walkers at the camp before Rick was even the leader.
A few extras at the camp- Same as above.
Jim- Was bit during the walker attack on the camp before Rick was even the leader.
Jackie- Voluntarily stayed at the CDC. How is that Rick's fault? Everyone else managed to leave.
Sophia- I will give you this one since Rick found her and left her again.
Dale- Was wondering out in the field at night and was attacked. How is that Rick's fault?
Shane- I agree, but it had to be done.
Jimmy- Died in the walker attack on the farm. How is that Rick's fault?
Patricia- Died in the walker attack on the farm. How is that Rick's fault?
T-Dogg- Voluntarily gave his life up to save others in the group. How is that Rick's fault?
Lori- Died from pregnancy complications. How is that Rick's fault? Because he(or Shane) got her pregnant?
Merle- Voluntarily went and attacked the Gov. because he had a guilty conscience.
Andrea- She had the opportunity to leave w/Michonne and didn't before it was too late.
Herschel- I will give you this one, if Rick would have voluntarily left prison, no one probably dies.
All the extras from the prison that died- Same as above.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as the walker attack goes, Rick could be blamed for taking a crew to Atlanta for the weapons run. And, yeah, he was pretty much the leader then.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly! Part of the reason why he is useless against them. That being said, he somehow still managed to out run a former NFL running back. :L

Of course they could explain that Noah's adrenaline kicked in.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly! Part of the reason why he is useless against them. That being said, he somehow still managed to out run a former NFL running back. :L

Picking Nits...

Was he a running back? I thought it was said (on TTD; he was never defined as an NFL player in the show) that he was a LB and ST player (???).

IIRC, it was mentioned in the books that he was a rather big name and Michone actually recognized him. In the Books, he was a player for the Falcons. Even when mentioned on TTD, I don't think they ever mentioned what team he played for.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You quoted my post so what would that leave one to believe???

And in the immediate future he may not, but if luck continues to go south, you never know Rick has always looked at the bad in people especially when he goes on one of his tirades.

Just saying dude, gently put the stick down!!!

:lol:

I quoted your post because you said "Rick will kill Noah soon enough". The whole basis of my reply.

I mean come on dude, at least try and display some reasonable ability to interact on here

It was laid out nice and neatly why the point wasn't logical. Really that simple. Didn't even need a second reply to be honest.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they could explain that Noah's adrenaline kicked in.

Not even that, all they had to do was let Rick/Tyreese catch up to him and all Noah would have to say is "i have to check on my family, what would you do". Would have taken like a minute to put in but hey, I don't write scripts for a reason.:noidea:

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ed- Shane beat Ed to a pulp, how is that Rick's fault?
Amy- Was attacked by walkers at the camp before Rick was even the leader.
A few extras at the camp- Same as above.
Jim- Was bit during the walker attack on the camp before Rick was even the leader.
Jackie- Voluntarily stayed at the CDC. How is that Rick's fault? Everyone else managed to leave.
Sophia- I will give you this one since Rick found her and left her again.
Dale- Was wondering out in the field at night and was attacked. How is that Rick's fault?
Shane- I agree, but it had to be done.
Jimmy- Died in the walker attack on the farm. How is that Rick's fault?
Patricia- Died in the walker attack on the farm. How is that Rick's fault?
T-Dogg- Voluntarily gave his life up to save others in the group. How is that Rick's fault?
Lori- Died from pregnancy complications. How is that Rick's fault? Because he(or Shane) got her pregnant?
Merle- Voluntarily went and attacked the Gov. because he had a guilty conscience.
Andrea- She had the opportunity to leave w/Michonne and didn't before it was too late.
Herschel- I will give you this one, if Rick would have voluntarily left prison, no one probably dies.
All the extras from the prison that died- Same as above.

Didn't say any were his fault. Said he was linked to their deaths to the same extent that Noah was linked to Beth's. In both cases, the implication was that it was not their fault. They were simply part of a series of events that led to the deaths. So unless you think Noah was at fault for Beth's death, we are in agreement. Basically my point was that in a zombie apocalypse people are going to die no matter what choices you make.

Ed wasn't beaten to death by Shane. He was beaten but died as a result of a zombie attack. An argument could be made (and was made by Shane) that the camp would have been better protected had he not decided to head to Atlanta with Glen, Daryl, and T-Dogg and Ed, Amy, Jim, and some extras don't get bit.

If Rick doesn't insist on going to the CDC, Jackie isn't given that option.

If Rick could have just left Randall 8 miles out, or come to some sort of a compassionate decision sooner, Dale wouldn't have felt so isolated from the group and likely wouldn't have been out wondering at night alone on the farm.

Rick's decision to play mind games with Shane and go off in the woods alone with him led to gun shots that attracted walkers who then followed Rick and Carl back to the farm so that accounts for Patricia and Jimmy. Plus Jimmy died as a result of saving Rick and Carl. Also if not for the zombie attack on the farm, Andrea doesn't get separated from the group and doesn't meet the Governor.

If Rick had finished off Andrew instead of leaving him to fend for himself outside the prison, then he doesn't come back to let the zombies in the prison and T-Dogg doesn't get bit. Lori doesn't go into labour in isolation. The child birth complications were anticipated. In fact, Carol was even training for it. They had medical supplies. If she's not isolated from the group thanks to that attack, there's a good chance she lives. That plus the fact that you mentioned she either got pregnant by Rick, or a man Rick introduced her to.

If Rick doesn't cuff Merle to that rooftop in Atlanta, he doesn't lose his hand and doesn't get separated from the group and likely never meets the Governor.

Could have also thrown in Beth, Lizzy, and Mika. If he had given into the Governor's demands considering he had 2 hostages, a small army, and a tank, the group doesn't get scattered and those 3 girls would have a different fate.

Last edited by a moderator:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noah needs to carry a weapon. Why the hell wouldn't you in a ZA?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1375361680-rick-and-shane-2.gif

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling that more people are going to die because of Noah... He needs to shape up or else Carol is going to have to take him out to the flower patch lol

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I quoted your post because you said "Rick will kill Noah soon enough". The whole basis of my reply.

I mean come on dude, at least try and display some reasonable ability to interact on here

It was laid out nice and neatly why the point wasn't logical. Really that simple. Didn't even need a second reply to be honest.

ts6JK.jpg

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who will Noah get killed tonight? Any guess? :noidea: Mine would be they take a break on this fuck-up of a kid and maybe show him how to survive.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched the ep again. The main thing I picked up was that the radio broadcast was telling the story of Ty, post ZA. He was hearing what the news would be like if the rest of the world was ok, but he and his group still did everything they did. That may be a better use than my original theory that he was remembering some old military past of his.

Also, I saw a theory online about who the "Wolves" are. I will post about that in the comics thread.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty meh episode tonight to me but was one of those necessary episodes to kind of make you understand the hardships everyone is going through. The ending was a nice little cliffhanger though.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty meh episode tonight to me but was one of those necessary episodes to kind of make you understand the hardships everyone is going through. The ending was a nice little cliffhanger though.

My thoughts exactly! There were some decent parts but overall pretty slow but probably necessary and a nice set up for next week. Didn't really like it at first when Rick said "We are the Walking Dead". Thought it was a bit cheesy but I've kind of changed my mind since. I certainly wasn't expecting it.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts exactly! There were some decent parts but overall pretty slow but probably necessary and a nice set up for next week. Didn't really like it at first when Rick said "We are the Walking Dead". Thought it was a bit cheesy but I've kind of changed my mind since. I certainly wasn't expecting it.

That's speech is almost directly out of the books. Very iconic.

I agree that this ep, on its own, was a real snoozer. But in the big picture, it is an important episode. Much of the group at this point have completely given up. They are all near suicidal. This ep is all about showing their despair.

It won't make any best of lists, but it is a must have ep.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am posting my initial thought post in the spoiler thread, because I will be unable to discuss this ep without dropping spoilers.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Catching up on all these posts, Noah isn't very well liked, is he?

Just wait for the spinoff - "Everybody Hates Noah" :pound: