• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Walking Dead

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to love this show, but I think it's starting to go stale. The zombies used to be a serious obstacle, but now they kill the zombies like they aren't even there. Tyreise dying was a bummer, but even he had to be snuck up on.

It's turned into a soap opera with zombies for me and I find myself rolling my eyes more than being on the edge of my seat, like it is meant to do. I think it's time to start wrapping up the series, but I doubt that it's even close. They can keep this story going on until the end of time if they wanted to.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,780.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yoga!!

Welcome back. You caused a bit of a scare with your disappearing act...

Thanks.

:lol:

Yeah...I know...I was able to view/read some of the threads while I was vacationing, but for some reason couldn't log on the few times I tried.

Everything is all good. Did they change the format on this site?....something seems a bit different.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks.

Yeah...I know...I was able to view/read some of the threads while I was vacationing, but for some reason couldn't log on the few times I tried.

Everything is all good. Did they change the format on this site?....something seems a bit different.

I know Hammer has a planned upgrade, but I don't think it has happened yet. Other than that, I think you were still around when he dumped Google...

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Initially, there was still hope that this was just a disaster, not an apocalypse.

Then they found the farm, so they settled in, until it burned down.

Then they found the prison and settled in for a year or two.

Then they were trying to get their feet under them as they were scattered in all directions, and they thought Terminus might be a place to plant roots.

Since then, they were dealing with the Hunters and the cops.

Now they are following a lead to a community in Richmond.

Again, I just don't see the huge plot hole here. I am not fighting with you, I just don't see it.

I agree with you. There was very little risk or cost in going to Richmond as opposed to staying put or trying something else. Yes they lost Tyreese but they lose people occasionally no matter what they do. That could have just as easily happened with any other plan. They had a lead on a potential safe place and some form of civilization run by what sounded like good people. Noah helped them get Carol back and Beth too if not for her own stupidity. Why not go along with his plan? What other plan did they have? Previously half the group was going to Washington with slim hopes of finding something, while the other half was hanging out in some church with a man nobody seemed to trust.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best episode in a while.

Did anyone count the number of times a clock was shown last night? Seems like an incredibly high amount, really like that subtle symbolism they do.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best episode in a while.

Did anyone count the number of times a clock was shown last night? Seems like an incredibly high amount, really like that subtle symbolism they do.

I hadn't noticed that in my initial viewing. I will keep an eye on that when I rewatch the ep later this week.

Off the top of my head, I can only think of the grandfather's clock in the middle of the road. Where else were there clocks?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am excited to see where the "W" leads. It does not obviously reference anything that I can think of from the books...

Further, I guess they are abandoning the tree marks. I guess we are supposed to assume that the Hunters made them. Bad writing, IMO, though, because I do not see how they needed them or made them. It was also never said in the show that the Hunters made them.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks.

It's been slower than the fat kid in dodgeball fer some reason, for me fer a couple weeks now?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am excited to see where the "W" leads. It does not obviously reference anything that I can think of from the books...

Further, I guess they are abandoning the tree marks. I guess we are supposed to assume that the Hunters made them. Bad writing, IMO, though, because I do not see how they needed them or made them. It was also never said in the show that the Hunters made them.

Biggest question mark for me so far?

They made them seem so relevant.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to love this show, but I think it's starting to go stale. The zombies used to be a serious obstacle, but now they kill the zombies like they aren't even there. Tyreise dying was a bummer, but even he had to be snuck up on.

It's turned into a soap opera with zombies for me and I find myself rolling my eyes more than being on the edge of my seat, like it is meant to do. I think it's time to start wrapping up the series, but I doubt that it's even close. They can keep this story going on until the end of time if they wanted to.

Lol, I wouldn't mind if they did. ;)

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in 5 years they never went anywhere then all of a sudden a total stranger says hey I got a mom and brothers in Virginia they are like oh sure lets just head out. Yeah, makes loads of sense.

I thought Rick did it to honor Beth's wishes (taking Noah home) and they were hoping it would work out for the best for the group as well.

Tremendous episode IMO.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the look of the episode was great. The effects were as good as they've ever been IMO, but just the design or style seemed edgier er' something? I liked it tho.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be easy now for them to go into DC is they want to check that out now.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda knew someone was going to die in the episode. Looking back, they may have hinted at it.

When they all walked by the skeleton in woods, Ty was the only one that even so much as glanced at it.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know about the tree marks, it almost seems that maybe someone else is tracking the group.

I guess the race card has been played with a black guy dying so maybe, finally, everyones wish can come true and morgan can finally catch up with them.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hadn't noticed that in my initial viewing. I will keep an eye on that when I rewatch the ep later this week.

Off the top of my head, I can only think of the grandfather's clock in the middle of the road. Where else were there clocks?

Thinking back, I actually don't think there were all that many, just the garage with Michonne, Rick and Glenn, the grandfather clock and the clock-radio in the boy's room. And whatever clocks are in the opening credits.

There is a message spraypainted on the curb or wall in the background during the scene where Noah is devasted and lies on the ground. It says "Wolves not far". I'm guessing the W stands for Wolves. A group that probably uses walkers as weapons in order to get supplies and stuff. Michonne should have recognized the mutilated walkers right away, she's probably done it hundreds of times lol.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know about the tree marks, it almost seems that maybe someone else is tracking the group.

I guess the race card has been played with a black guy dying so maybe, finally, everyones wish can come true and morgan can finally catch up with them.

Morgan will definitely be at least catching up. They made a HUGE point of showing him tracking the group, and he is a loved character, so they will not just drop that storyline.

It was stated by the producers that he was "months" behind when he first saw the Terminus sign that Rick marked with mud. I don't think there was more than a week or so between the Battle of Terminus and the Hunters massacre, then only about 3 or 4 days between the massacre and Beth's death. That puts the timeframe at approximately 1 month between the Battle of Terminus and Ty's death. If Morgan passed the sign "months" after Rick, that would mean that Morgan still has not passed the sign in the current timeline ("months" > 1 month).