• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Walking Dead

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did watch talking dead, I don't believe thats what they were talking about when they talked about 17 days I could be wrong though.

Why stay as long as they have? Seems stupid to drive that far on a chance there was a safe place to stay, makes no sense to me. Why didn't everyone go?

I know why they took him, it just didn't make sense, who cares that Beth wanted to get him home, she's gone you gotta think about the group. How long since Noah seen his mom and brothers? I don't remember them saying?

It wasn't worth the risk.

I'm guessing they didn't bury Noah's family because they were kinda in a hurry to get Tyreese help.

There was nothing left for them in Atlanta anymore so why stay?

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they really gave the director alot of credit for that episode, it was nice seeing the old faces, but the scene where Noah said he is at my house and they all took off running was a hole since just Noah and Tyrese knew where the house was.

I'm guessing they followed Noah back to his house.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems a pretty stupid way to kill Tyreese, struggled through all the garbage he has then some kid bites him. Even though they said Beth wanted to get Noah home, why go there? They didn't believe the place was still safe so why drive all that way, seems a complete waste of time to me. Why not just go to Woodbury and try to rebuild there?

Agreed, it was weak justification to go to Richmond, but they have to move the story along. In real life, doubt a person would take such a chance.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they took a long journey north. So what? What else were they doing?

Did they have to use up a lot of vacation time at work? Did Carl have a prom he had to miss?

They were spinning their wheels in Atlanta. No reason NOT to head north. And the 17-day journey leads to an assumption that they were not b-lining up there. They clearly stopped on the way for rest or scavenging.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, it was weak justification to go to Richmond, but they have to move the story along. In real life, doubt a person would take such a chance.

Probably did this storyline to launch the plan to get to the Alexandria Safe Zone. Remember Eugene wanted to get up there that he lied about who he was to get there.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did watch talking dead, I don't believe thats what they were talking about when they talked about 17 days I could be wrong though.

Why stay as long as they have? Seems stupid to drive that far on a chance there was a safe place to stay, makes no sense to me. Why didn't everyone go?

I know why they took him, it just didn't make sense, who cares that Beth wanted to get him home, she's gone you gotta think about the group. How long since Noah seen his mom and brothers? I don't remember them saying?

I'm guessing they didn't bury Noah's family because they were kinda in a hurry to get Tyreese help.

I only watch TTD once, so it is possible that I misunderstood the 17-day reference, but I am almost positive that Nicotera said that there was a 17-day jump from Beth's death to them arriving at Shirewilt Estates (man, it is hard to call it that).

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably did this storyline to launch the plan to get to the Alexandria Safe Zone. Remember Eugene wanted to get up there that he lied about who he was to get there.

Eugene even said that there was logic behind his lie. He figured that if there was any infrastructure for the ZA, it would be in DC. Going to DC makes sense.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why didn't they all go? Not sure, exactly what you mean by this. I took that as they have a staging area/camp that most of the group stayed at once they got close. Then they formed an away team to scout out Shirewilt Estates. The rest of the group was only, I would guess, a few miles away. They were talking to each other using Walkies, so they couldn't be too far away.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a question was Tyrese actually weak on the show?

I wouldn't call him "weak". I would call him "a wuss".

He was always whining and refusing to do the dirty stuff that needed to be done. In the books, he was a major bad-ass.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they took a long journey north. So what? What else were they doing?

Did they have to use up a lot of vacation time at work? Did Carl have a prom he had to miss?

They were spinning their wheels in Atlanta. No reason NOT to head north. And the 17-day journey leads to an assumption that they were not b-lining up there. They clearly stopped on the way for rest or scavenging.

So in 5 years they never went anywhere then all of a sudden a total stranger says hey I got a mom and brothers in Virginia they are like oh sure lets just head out. Yeah, makes loads of sense.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only watch TTD once, so it is possible that I misunderstood the 17-day reference, but I am almost positive that Nicotera said that there was a 17-day jump from Beth's death to them arriving at Shirewilt Estates (man, it is hard to call it that).

It was a 17 day jump. That's why they said the Tyreese funeral was a fake out. Make you think it is Beth being buried but in reality she was buried over 2 weeks earlier.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in 5 years they never went anywhere then all of a sudden a total stranger says hey I got a mom and brothers in Virginia they are like oh sure lets just head out. Yeah, makes loads of sense.

Why not Noah told them where Beth was since she was trying to help him get back home. Although this storyline is probably part of the plan to get to the Alexandria Safe Zone where they will end up living in the near future.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not Noah told them where Beth was since she was trying to help him get back home. Although this storyline is probably part of the plan to get to the Alexandria Safe Zone where they will end up living in the near future.

Fair enough I did not know about the safe zone... Still doesn't make sense to me though...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Initially, there was still hope that this was just a disaster, not an apocalypse.

Then they found the farm, so they settled in, until it burned down.

Then they found the prison and settled in for a year or two.

Then they were trying to get their feet under them as they were scattered in all directions, and they thought Terminus might be a place to plant roots.

Since then, they were dealing with the Hunters and the cops.

Now they are following a lead to a community in Richmond.

Again, I just don't see the huge plot hole here. I am not fighting with you, I just don't see it.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Initially, there was still hope that this was just a disaster, not an apocalypse.

Then they found the farm, so they settled in, until it burned down.

Then they found the prison and settled in for a year or two.

Then they were trying to get their feet under them as they were scattered in all directions, and they thought Terminus might be a place to plant roots.

Since then, they were dealing with the Hunters and the cops.

Now they are following a lead to a community in Richmond.

Again, I just don't see the huge plot hole here. I am not fighting with you, I just don't see it.

You really don't need to remind me of what they have been doing, i've not missed a single episode I just dont see the sense in going to Richmond unless I missed them saying let's all go to DC and why not stop in Richmond along the way to check on Noah's family otherwise why travel that far with limited supplies on the hope some kid you just met has family there that has a safe place to stay. I don't see a problem with leaving Atlanta or the state of Georgia but why not try to find a place closer that you could make into a home.

If I somehow missed them saying let's go to DC and check in on Noah's family on the way I appologize.

I don't think you're fighting with me, just talking Dead thats all...