• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Walking Dead

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will definitely have to watch that ep again. A lot of misdirection and helucinations to work through.

Some initial thoughts, though...

1) Had a bit of an issue 75 feel to it. I doubt they will be doing that in the show, though, so this is all we get, I suspect.

2) I am not sad to see Ty go. His character pretty much sucked on the TV show. Why not bring in his military past before tonight's ep, though? That would have allowed a lot more understanding into his pacifism. As it was, he just came across as a wuss.

3) My jaw totally dropped when Gov showed up. That was AWSOME!

4) Why change Wiltshire to Shirewilt? Maybe there is an actual place called Wiltshire Estates and they would allow the use of the name? That doesn't make much sense.

5) I know the show is supposed to dramatically change from this point on (both from what happens in the comics and what Kirkman and Gimple have said about the show), but the story-telling technique was totally different in this ep.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watch TTD, apparently I misunderstood the point if the radio broadcasts. I figured it was referencing some horrible stuff Ty went through in a military past, and his "making payment" was that past coming back for him. Apparently, it was just referencing his dad always listening to the news on the radio.

I liked my interpretation better.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 main characters in back to back episodes? Sheesh.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No spoilers please... Just started

fwiw.....i'd stay away from threads where posters are posting about a particular show until you catch up. It's probably unfair to expect everyone to abstain from conversating on the plot lines and characters of the story after the show has aired. I usually avoid this thread (and other threads on shows i watch around here) like the plague until I am all caught up.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will definitely have to watch that ep again. A lot of misdirection and helucinations to work through.

Some initial thoughts, though...

1) Had a bit of an issue 75 feel to it. I doubt they will be doing that in the show, though, so this is all we get, I suspect.

2) I am not sad to see Ty go. His character pretty much sucked on the TV show. Why not bring in his military past before tonight's ep, though? That would have allowed a lot more understanding into his pacifism. As it was, he just came across as a wuss.

3) My jaw totally dropped when Gov showed up. That was AWSOME!

4) Why change Wiltshire to Shirewilt? Maybe there is an actual place called Wiltshire Estates and they would allow the use of the name? That doesn't make much sense.

5) I know the show is supposed to dramatically change from this point on (both from what happens in the comics and what Kirkman and Gimple have said about the show), but the story-telling technique was totally different in this ep.

I think you wanted this post on the comics thread, no? Good points, but some references wouldn't make any sense to those who don't read them.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, 15 minutes in I thought this was gonna be one those boring-but-necessary transitional episodes that set the tone for a new arc.

Boy, was I wrong. Really good stuff. I agree with calsnowskier that if we had known about Ty's military past sooner, it might have made his character a little more likable.

Here we go, who's next???

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unbelievable, didnt expect this death. I was hoping he was gonna open his walker eyes under that white sheet though. The good ones dont get shown turned though.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems a pretty stupid way to kill Tyreese, struggled through all the garbage he has then some kid bites him. Even though they said Beth wanted to get Noah home, why go there? They didn't believe the place was still safe so why drive all that way, seems a complete waste of time to me. Why not just go to Woodbury and try to rebuild there?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "Ima stupid fuck, unaware of the dangers, 3 years in, is getting hard to believe. It' starting to be like a bad horror film cliche'. Like the running victim that falls type-shit.

I liked the episode otherwise. I liked the way it was filmed, kinda artsy er' something...looked different, but Noah's sheer stupidity was annoying me.

Maybe I'm just annoyed that I have to look at his stupid ass, rather than Bethie's.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "Ima stupid fuck, unaware of the dangers, 3 years in, is getting hard to believe. It' starting to be like a bad horror film cliche'. Like the running victim that falls type-shit.

I liked the episode otherwise. I liked the way it was filmed, kinda artsy er' something...looked different, but Noah's sheer stupidity was annoying me.

Maybe I'm just annoyed that I have to look at his stupid ass, rather than Bethie's.

Yeah, I agree with this. In fact, all of the looks on their faces, like they were horrified that this could be happening, was kinda annoying.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems a pretty stupid way to kill Tyreese, struggled through all the garbage he has then some kid bites him. Even though they said Beth wanted to get Noah home, why go there? They didn't believe the place was still safe so why drive all that way, seems a complete waste of time to me. Why not just go to Woodbury and try to rebuild there?

Cause Noah wanted to go home so Rick offered to take him back, plus the gang didn't know that the walkers had taken over that area where Noah lived.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watch TTD, apparently I misunderstood the point if the radio broadcasts. I figured it was referencing some horrible stuff Ty went through in a military past, and his "making payment" was that past coming back for him. Apparently, it was just referencing his dad always listening to the news on the radio.

I liked my interpretation better.

Missed this post. Yeah, I agree. Didn't see TTD, so I don't get the dad thing.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cause Noah wanted to go home so Rick offered to take him back, plus the gang didn't know that the walkers had taken over that area where Noah lived.

Who cares, it was 500 miles that's like a 7 hour drive! That doesn't fit in with anything they have done so far, 5 years and they are still in or around Atlanta so they say oh sure let's drive some kid we hardly know to Virginia on the off chance his family is alive. They have turned people away who said they would do anything to stay with them now they drive some kid hundreds of miles. Find the kid a car and send him on his way. Makes no sense...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares, it was 500 miles that's like a 7 hour drive! That doesn't fit in with anything they have done so far, 5 years and they are still in or around Atlanta so they say oh sure let's drive some kid we hardly know to Virginia on the off chance his family is alive. They have turned people away who said they would do anything to stay with them now they drive some kid hundreds of miles. Find the kid a car and send him on his way. Makes no sense...

First, the trip was supposed to have taken 17 days, not 7 hours. (I hate when they require watching TTD in order to know these key points, :gaah:). In the ZA, there is no way you can a long trip like like in 1 day. Highways are clogged with abandoned cars, no gas stations, herds, stopping to scavenge, making/finding camp...

Second, there is nothing holding them to the Atlanta area anymore. Why stay?

Third, they explained in episode why they brought Noah home. It was what Beth intended to do, so they were finishing her intended task. If it worked out, they would have had a home. Worth the risk.

The bigger problem I had was that they did not bury any of Noah's loved ones. It has been a big theme that loved ones get buried, strangers get burned. No effort was shown to extend that "rule" to Noah's fam...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, the trip was supposed to have taken 17 days, not 7 hours. (I hate when they require watching TTD in order to know these key points, :gaah:). In the ZA, there is no way you can a long trip like like in 1 day. Highways are clogged with abandoned cars, no gas stations, herds, stopping to scavenge, making/finding camp...

Second, there is nothing holding them to the Atlanta area anymore. Why stay?

Third, they explained in episode why they brought Noah home. It was what Beth intended to do, so they were finishing her intended task. If it worked out, they would have had a home. Worth the risk.

The bigger problem I had was that they did not bury any of Noah's loved ones. It has been a big theme that loved ones get buried, strangers get burned. No effort was shown to extend that "rule" to Noah's fam...

I did watch talking dead, I don't believe thats what they were talking about when they talked about 17 days I could be wrong though.

Why stay as long as they have? Seems stupid to drive that far on a chance there was a safe place to stay, makes no sense to me. Why didn't everyone go?

I know why they took him, it just didn't make sense, who cares that Beth wanted to get him home, she's gone you gotta think about the group. How long since Noah seen his mom and brothers? I don't remember them saying?

It wasn't worth the risk.

I'm guessing they didn't bury Noah's family because they were kinda in a hurry to get Tyreese help.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, Noah runs really fast for a kid with a gimpy leg, doesn't he?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, Noah runs really fast for a kid with a gimpy leg, doesn't he?

LOL

I said to my wife last nite...."Why is Noah always out in front in every running scene?" Dude was outrunning everybody!? :laugh:

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they really gave the director alot of credit for that episode, it was nice seeing the old faces, but the scene where Noah said he is at my house and they all took off running was a hole since just Noah and Tyrese knew where the house was.