• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Walking Dead

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very tacky episode with Rick & Michone. Almost none of it made any logical sense. Went on a budget when they brought in whoever wrote this episode and did the holographic deer lol. Maybe they are saving money for the finale?

Or else all of it is trying to make Shiva look good

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did a horrible job with the CGI deer. If that was a real deer and that deer was shot, or heard a noise or smelled a human it would've taken off into the woods.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I particularly loved the scenes where they stumbled upon the various parcels labeled

Batteries

and

Ready To Eat Food

They are the master foragers! ;)
I was kind of wondering if MRE was an actual brand name that they couldn't use? I'd be surprised if it was, but that was my only explanation for it. Maybe army food actually says Ready to Eat Food rather than Meal Ready to Eat? I don't know. Either way, it was military food.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The TV audience buying it or not was not the point of that scene. I don't believe any TV audience member with any common sense at all believed Rick to be dead at that point.

The panel (including executive producer Denise Huth) discussed that scene on The Talking Dead... basically the point of the scene was to show Michonne's reaction to witnessing Rick dying in front of her eyes. Michonne essentially gives up.... she drops her sword and is pretty much ready to accept death. Again, Michonne, a badass warrior character with a penchant for surviving almost any situation is shown to simply give-up... that's quite a big deal for that character. Danai Gurira, the actress who portrays Michonne even recorded a short clip (which was shown on The Talking Dead) regarding Michonne's reaction to Rick's death.

The same theme (Michonne losing Rick and/or vice versa) is re-visited again in the car when Rick tells Michonne that they both could die in the upcoming war.
I agree. Nobody was supposed to think Rick was dead other than Michonne.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason last week was so good is that you didn't know what Eugene was going to do or say.
He had to make spontaneous decisions that helped us learn more about his character.

With Rick and Michonne, there is no risk involved. You know they are not going to die. While it's nice that they get their groove on, this part just seemed to drag on. Is it plausible that Negan and co. wouldn't have discovered this place? Don't you think they have canvassed just about a few hours from their place in all directions? It just seemed forced.
I did question why this place hadn't been found. There is a LOT of ground to cover in the US especially since there are so few people. Who knows how far they are away. They have been going further and further to get supplies since the Saviors showed up. I'd say it is at least feasible that it could have been missed. I kind of get the impression that the Saviors don't really do much scavenging of their own at this point. They let others do it for them.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are due for a good episode. I've watched every episode from the beginning but even I'm getting tired of the crap they've been churning out.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was kind of wondering if MRE was an actual brand name that they couldn't use? I'd be surprised if it was, but that was my only explanation for it. Maybe army food actually says Ready to Eat Food rather than Meal Ready to Eat? I don't know. Either way, it was military food.

Yeah, that's for sure. When we had an ice storm in Ct. some years ago that pretty much crippled the entire state (no power for about 10 days in my parts), that stuff was being given out by emergency groups. Damned if I can remember exactly what it was called, but my point was that in this episode, the labels of the food and batteries couldn't have been more obvious if they were lit up with neon lights. ;)

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This show makes absolutely no sense anymore. "Jumping the Shark" talk is no longer even remotely in the conversation.

And lol, yes I'll keep watching. You think I can bow outta this shit now? :pound::pound::pound:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are due for a good episode. I've watched every episode from the beginning but even I'm getting tired of the crap they've been churning out.

Keep hoping, Scape! Cheers! :lebowski2:

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This show makes absolutely no sense anymore. "Jumping the Shark" talk is no longer even remotely in the conversation.

And lol, yes I'll keep watching. You think I can bow outta this shit now? :pound::pound::pound:

You didn't like this one?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really liked this one.

Why?

Seriously, for a start, why didn't Zeke and his kingdom just call those guys bluffs and open fire to begin with?

They woulda blown them to...Kingdom Come! :pound::pound::pound:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't like this one?

Honestly bro, I didn't; I wanted to....

...and I did like the stuff with Carol and Morgan at the end, I will say that. I think the Kingdom nonsense gets on my nerves.

Zeke himself shoulda just plugged that Saviors douchebag. Both of 'em, actually.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly bro, I didn't; I wanted to....

...and I did like the stuff with Carol and Morgan at the end, I will say that. I think the Kingdom nonsense gets on my nerves.

Zeke himself shoulda just plugged that Saviors douchebag. Both of 'em, actually.

a lot of possible ramifications going on there

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the weirdest part of that episode to me (unless i missed something which is totally possible) was that both of those groups of people wasted all of that gas and time over 12 cantaloupes

even just a gallon of gas has got to be a lot more precious of a commodity by now than a dozen cantaloupes.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By far the best episode in quite a while. It was predictable, at least the boy's death. Morgan going batshit crazy again and killing Richard, didn't see that.

At the very least, the catalyst has been added for both Morgan a d my girl Carol.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the weirdest part of that episode to me (unless i missed something which is totally possible) was that both of those groups of people wasted all of that gas and time over 12 cantaloupes

even just a gallon of gas has got to be a lot more precious of a commodity by now than a dozen cantaloupes.

Of course it isn't about the cantaloupe. It is about power and control. That being said...end of the world, no more drilling for oil and refining of gas...food is a far greater commodity because gas will run out.