• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Walking Dead

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eugene is a huge wuss. No two ways about it.

My question is: When he talked about his double doctorite and working with the viral project, etc. etc.: Wasn't he just making crap up on the fly there? Isn't that basically what he did before? Make stuff up to manipulate people into thinking that he is valuable and keeping him alive is in his best interest?

He is obviously a very high IQ dude, but I question any and all of his claimed credentials. It could be that he is just some maladjusted nerd who lived in his mom's basement. Someone really needs to check his references!

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My question is: When he talked about his double doctorite and working with the viral project, etc. etc.: Wasn't he just making crap up on the fly there? Isn't that basically what he did before? Make stuff up to manipulate people into thinking that he is valuable and keeping him alive is in his best interest?

He is obviously a very high IQ dude, but I question any and all of his claimed credentials. It could be that he is just some maladjusted nerd who lived in his mom's basement. Someone really needs to check his references!
Yes, everything that Eugene says about his past is basically made up. He is very, very intelligent. I think Kirkman has mentioned that Eugene has Asperger's.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Everything he said IS bullshit, but it wasn't made up on the fly at that moment. It is the same story he sold to Abe and Rosita. In reality, he was a high school chemistry teacher.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The greatest lies are the ones you have convinced yourself are true. This is why Eugene's throwback is so good. He fell right back into it.

As for what he did before...I am going with dual PHD rejected by Mr Elliot and a bio professor.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, as the others have said it's the same BS he gave to keep his ass alive the first time. Notice his reaction when the ladies asked him questions about his work? He looked confused for a second and then basically told them they wouldn't be able to comprehend it anyway. He doesn't respond well when called out on his BS. Anyone with half an education would spot his shit from a mile away. Thankfully for him it doesn't appear anyone else with half a brain is left in the compound. The guy most able to spot it and call him out was just tossed in a fire.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't respond well when called out on his BS. Anyone with half an education would spot his shit from a mile away. Thankfully for him it doesn't appear anyone else with half a brain is left in the compound. The guy most able to spot it and call him out was just tossed in a fire.

I think there is nice little dichotomy speaking as to how the strong survive, the weak survive, and even how a coward survives.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pollyanna McIntosh....

I would certainly take a nibble out of that apple.

UP-UP-UP!

3ee94898ec08a7ce6b5eb051e4936b2f.jpg

Pollyanna%20McIntosh

PollyAnna-McIntosh.jpg

I would allow Pollyanna to have her way with me at the garbage dump anytime!

:nod:

I'd bang her, but frankly, I think she looks inbred.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So all Eugene is is a High School chemistry teacher with Aspergers and a penchant for lying.

At least he is an interesting character. He certainly has a knack for latching onto stronger people to ensure he survives.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave up last half season after it got too fear of negan related. Back now, sure seem like there are a hell of alot of groups close by now.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So all Eugene is is a High School chemistry teacher with Aspergers and a penchant for lying.

At least he is an interesting character. He certainly has a knack for latching onto stronger people to ensure he survives.

And that counts for a lot right now.

Who else is interesting?

Whether you love or hate him, Negan certainly is.

Dwight? Yes. Big storyline seems to be on the horizon.

Sasha? Yes. Her character has been surprisingly well fleshed-out over the past few years; the end is coming and she is a capable enough actor to make it memorable.

Rosita? No. Oh, my little avocado...I had such high hopes for you...and then you had to ruin it all by speaking.

Michonne? No. Currently, her role is to shout out "Rick!" at the appropriate times.

Daryl? No. Ugh, don't even wanna talk about it. Thank God that bike show tanked.

Carol? Yes...with severe reservations; not a fan of the 'crisis of faith' thing right now, but I'm hoping for a payoff.

Morgan? Yes. I know I'm in the minority here, but I find his character to be one of the most well written ones of the show and I am expecting the payoff to be huge.

Tara? Lolololol! Tara must die.

Zeke? No. He was for a moment, but has quickly become a cartoon. He gets saving points for the cool tiger.

Jerry? Yes. Jerry is da bomb.

There's my take, what's yours?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a big lol; I forgot about Rick.

I think that says something right there.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that counts for a lot right now.

Who else is interesting?

Whether you love or hate him, Negan certainly is.

Dwight? Yes. Big storyline seems to be on the horizon.

Sasha? Yes. Her character has been surprisingly well fleshed-out over the past few years; the end is coming and she is a capable enough actor to make it memorable.

Rosita? No. Oh, my little avocado...I had such high hopes for you...and then you had to ruin it all by speaking.

Michonne? No. Currently, her role is to shout out "Rick!" at the appropriate times.

Daryl? No. Ugh, don't even wanna talk about it. Thank God that bike show tanked.

Carol? Yes...with severe reservations; not a fan of the 'crisis of faith' thing right now, but I'm hoping for a payoff.

Morgan? Yes. I know I'm in the minority here, but I find his character to be one of the most well written ones of the show and I am expecting the payoff to be huge.

Tara? Lolololol! Tara must die.

Zeke? No. He was for a moment, but has quickly become a cartoon. He gets saving points for the cool tiger.

Jerry? Yes. Jerry is da bomb.

There's my take, what's yours?
Decent take.

Agree about Negan and Dwight. While I also agree with many of the complaints about Morgan's take on him, the writers were handcuffed with him, and I think they did a good job of translating him to a swear-free show. Dwight is a great character in the books, and I think they may actually be making him BETTER on the show.

While Sasha has improved since Bob died, I still don't care for her. That is not meant as a negative, just a non-positive. They TRIED to give her Andrea's story line from the books, but I don't think that really took. Now I suspect she will get Holly's.

Rosita was always kinda worthless. Cute, but worthless.

Michone is kinda in a lost territory right now. Her book arc has been given to Carol, and she has taken over for Andrea. Not a perfect match for her, but it will be a different take. I am still open to how she is handled.

Having both Dwight and Darryl in existence at the same time is liable to cause a paradox, so the writers best be careful. That said, I still like Darryl, but he is getting a bit old-hat.

I still claim that Carol is one of the greatest TV-characters of all time. While I am not a huge fan of her crisis-of-conscience arc, it totally makes sense. The writers giving her Michones book-arc really fits her character.

I liked Morgan better when we just had him in bite-sized portions. Now he is just Dale reincarnated.

Tara is worthless, no two ways about it.

I like Zeke. I was very concerned on how they would be able to translate him to the show, but having his explanation right off the bat really worked, IMHO. In the books, they waited about a year or so to offer his back story.

Jerry is fun, but he is just a side character who will be used as fodder sooner rather than later. I mean, the dude literally wears a red shirt...

Rick is still a classic character, but his smirking over the last few episodes is a bit grating.

Carl never really translated well to the show. I have heard the rumors that Riggs wants to leave the show to go to school, but I have no idea how the show will deal with his future arcs without Carl. They can't really shift those to other character, and getting rid of them will would be too shattering to the overall storyline. I am not a fan, but he is sooo integral to the show.

Maggie - meh. She gets kinda interesting in the future, but there isn't much going on for her right now.

Jesus was awesome in the books, but very forgettable so far in the show. Casting a midget for him was probably not the smartest thing to do.

Gregory is really fun. Berkeley was genius casting and he really is making the character a perfect level of smarmy.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My problem with peace loving, all life is precious, with life is hope people, is the mere idea that all life is equal.

Watching the Flash last night accentuated that lunacy. Barry beats Grodd, sends him to another Earth where he kills more people. He makes it back to Barry's Earth with the intent of killing everybody. Barry wants to kill Grodd but Iris who has done nothing wrong says don't do it and Harrison Wells says taking one life to save another isn't right. Hell yes it is. Saving the innocent by destroying the guilty is saving humanity.

Kill the Saviors who are morally lacking to protect the morally superior. That is how humanity remains.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rosita is pregnant in real life now

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My problem with peace loving, all life is precious, with life is hope people, is the mere idea that all life is equal.

Watching the Flash last night accentuated that lunacy. Barry beats Grodd, sends him to another Earth where he kills more people. He makes it back to Barry's Earth with the intent of killing everybody. Barry wants to kill Grodd but Iris who has done nothing wrong says don't do it and Harrison Wells says taking one life to save another isn't right. Hell yes it is. Saving the innocent by destroying the guilty is saving humanity.

Kill the Saviors who are morally lacking to protect the morally superior. That is how humanity remains.

Because people can change Morgan could've killed Rick back in Season 3 but he didn't.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People on an individual basis can change; however, most don't. Those who do change still do less good than the damage they cause in the mean time.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carl never really translated well to the show. I have heard the rumors that Riggs wants to leave the show to go to school, but I have no idea how the show will deal with his future arcs without Carl. They can't really shift those to other character, and getting rid of them will would be too shattering to the overall storyline. I am not a fan, but he is sooo integral to the show.

Riggs leaving would be career suicide. He needs to ride this out for all its worth.

I am not a comic reader. Would it be possible for Enid to take Carl's story arc if they had to kill off Carl?