• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The value of Shin-Soo Choo

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Choo would sign a 5 year 80 million dollar deal -- the Tigers would sign him immediately. With the absolutely absurd numbers being throw around this off season. I'm guessing it will take 20 million a year to sign Choo.

I just hope the Tigers don't go overboard because of the crazy numbers being thrown around, as the rumor is he is the #1 target. I have a feeling though, after the Yankees just lost out on Cano, leaving a huge hole in their lineup -- they are going to make a crazy offer to Choo that no one can match.

Many teams would lineup for that deal as well, but unfortunately they are asking for a bigger price than that.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this rate I am not going to say an amount because with the recent signings and players getting contracts no one saw coming it is impossible to say what Choo will get since it will come down to desperation from a team.

Will the Yankees make the "Panic" move and sign him long term since they lost Granderson and Cano?

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what Ellsbury got, Choo has to be worth at least 7 years, $170M, right? How could the perception be so far out of line with reality?