• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Turk 2015 Edition

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He still thinks Suh was the Lions biggest weakness vs the run last year. Can't make this stuff up.
And you're still ignoring the stats that show he was.

But I know- your eyeballs keep better track of that stuff than actual, factual, statics.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He still thinks Suh was the Lions biggest weakness vs the run last year. Can't make this stuff up.
Id expect that kind of nonsense from casual fans.

But not from a guy with his level of knowledge and expertise.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and here I picked Peacock as the upset winner for #5 WR.... seriously, I did...

:L

I'm :trash:

Dont beat yourself up too much. I picked TJ Jones and he is not doing too much better. He may still get cut.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont beat yourself up too much. I picked TJ Jones and he is not doing too much better. He may still get cut.

no way I could keep Moore or Salas over the upside that TJ Jones has. CJ, Tate, Fuller...locked in, imo.. effin' Ross prolly gets the nod too.

So, my question is, do you keep one of Moore/Salas for this year solely or do you retain TJ ? How many targets will the 5th WR earn ?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no way I could keep Moore or Salas over the upside that TJ Jones has. CJ, Tate, Fuller...locked in, imo.. effin' Ross prolly gets the nod too.

So, my question is, do you keep one of Moore/Salas for this year solely or do you retain TJ ? How many targets will the 5th WR earn ?
Hopefully if we cut Jones we can get him through waivers and onto the practice squad.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you're still ignoring the stats that show he was.

But I know- your eyeballs keep better track of that stuff than actual, factual, statics.

You read one article on MLive that said opponents ran on him an average of 1 time a game.

Your beloved PFF ranked him 2nd vs the run in 2014.

Here's a stat from ESPN:

The Lions' defensive numbers when Suh was on the field versus off it are staggering. Per ESPN Stats and Info, through Week 16 of the regular season, the Lions allowed over 1.2 more yards per rush without Suh on the field.

Thoughts?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully if we cut Jones we can get him through waivers and onto the practice squad.

that's A LOT of hoping, imo.... he could very well pass through waivers... but

CJ, Tate, Fuller, prolly Ross (uugghh), 5th wr ?, Petti, Ebron, Wright.... and so my point is that keeping Jones should be pretty easy compared to the highly unlikely usefulness that Salas or Moore would be in this offense. I didn't even mention Riddick as being used as a wr either or AA. Should two or more injuries become a factor at WR, only then would you have to be concerned about the production from the 5th WR. well, you'd be real concerned if those hypothetical injuries happened to CJ and Tate.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions' defensive numbers when Suh was on the field versus off it are staggering. Per ESPN Stats and Info, through Week 16 of the regular season, the Lions allowed over 1.2 more yards per rush without Suh on the field.

Thoughts?

Just as staggering as the ridiculous stats that says Suh was the weakest against the run last year. People can cherry pick any type of stat to make an argument and the media loves to do so to get people talking.

Anyone who has watched the Lions, knows Suh was a liability against the run his first three years -- teams would repeatedly run right at him. That is the ONLY reason why there was an argument over who the best DT in the NFL was. He improved in 2013, but still had a few issues. Last year, with a new DC and new scheme -- he thrived in it.

Personally -- I would have loved to see Suh play in Austin's scheme for 5 years and see how he would have done. He would have been even more of a monster. Now he goes to a new team, a new defensive coordinator and a team who hasn't been that good against the run.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since about 3 years ago when he started dropping half the passes thrown to him.
2012: 102 targets, 9 drops, 8.8% dropped---Not great by any means, but nowhere near half.
2013: 63 targets, 3 drops, 4.8% dropped---Better drop rate, much further away from half.
2014: 15 targets, 1 drop, 6.7% dropped---Targets way down, drop rate up a bit, again nowhere near half.

Pettigrew is hardly an all-pro. He does drop his fair share. He was used primarily as a blocker last year and these stats back that up. But he's hardly the garbage you make him out to be.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2012: 102 targets, 9 drops, 8.8% dropped---Not great by any means, but nowhere near half.
2013: 63 targets, 3 drops, 4.8% dropped---Better drop rate, much further away from half.
2014: 15 targets, 1 drop, 6.7% dropped---Targets way down, drop rate up a bit, again nowhere near half.

Pettigrew is hardly an all-pro. He does drop his fair share. He was used primarily as a blocker last year and these stats back that up. But he's hardly the garbage you make him out to be.
Holy sheet! It's a ghost of CBS past...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But he's hardly the garbage you make him out to be.

His 2014 numbers prove the coaches think he is.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just as staggering as the ridiculous stats that says Suh was the weakest against the run last year.

Where's a 28 page Mike vs. TP argument when you want one?