• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Turk 2015 Edition

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow -- I just noticed this really turned into a pissing match. I'd rather steer clear of that right now.

I will just say this. I love Suh. I think he is one of, if not, the best DT in the NFL. I'm not going to let being a fan change my thoughts on him though. He was tremendous last year against the run -- by far -- the best year he has had. It also coincided with a new DC and a new defensive scheme. In his first 4 years -- he struggled against the run -- he improved in 2013 quite a bit, but he was down right terrible in 2010, 2011 and 2012.

IMO, unless you are a shutdown CB that plays man all game -- one player doesn't dictate the success or failure of a defense, especially against the run. It is why we could lose multiple players last year and still have the success they did. Losing Suh is going to hurt, as will playing an extremely tough schedule. If Ngata's is healthy though -- I don't think the rush defense is going to change anymore than it would have if Suh had stayed. (and NO, i'm not saying if Suh stayed we would repeat under 70 ypg -- we have an entirely different schedule of RB's we are facing)

I don't think Ngata can replace Suh and I don't expect him to. Suh is the best pass rushing DT in the NFL, Ngata is known as a run stopper. Detroit will have to find other ways to get pressure on the QB. Will they be successful? No one knows. Against Washington -- they looked like they were trying to kill RG III. Against Jacksonville -- Bortles looked like he could have camped out and made lunch before throwing a pass.

In the end -- it is the preseason and just like all the games being played, this argument is pointless. Until anyone sees how Suh fits in Miami -- we have no clue how good they will be. Until we see how Ngata is able to fill Suh's role -- we have no clue how good Detroit will be. So quit bickering.

If you guys want to bitch -- Let's talk about spending a top 10 pick on a TE, who will still be the #3 option, at best, by the time his rookie deal is up. :)

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow -- I just noticed this really turned into a pissing match. I'd rather steer clear of that right now.

I will just say this. I love Suh. I think he is one of, if not, the best DT in the NFL. I'm not going to let being a fan change my thoughts on him though. He was tremendous last year against the run -- by far -- the best year he has had. It also coincided with a new DC and a new defensive scheme. In his first 4 years -- he struggled against the run -- he improved in 2013 quite a bit, but he was down right terrible in 2010, 2011 and 2012.

IMO, unless you are a shutdown CB that plays man all game -- one player doesn't dictate the success or failure of a defense, especially against the run. It is why we could lose multiple players last year and still have the success they did. Losing Suh is going to hurt, as will playing an extremely tough schedule. If Ngata's is healthy though -- I don't think the rush defense is going to change anymore than it would have if Suh had stayed. (and NO, i'm not saying if Suh stayed we would repeat under 70 ypg -- we have an entirely different schedule of RB's we are facing)

I don't think Ngata can replace Suh and I don't expect him to. Suh is the best pass rushing DT in the NFL, Ngata is known as a run stopper. Detroit will have to find other ways to get pressure on the QB. Will they be successful? No one knows. Against Washington -- they looked like they were trying to kill RG III. Against Jacksonville -- Bortles looked like he could have camped out and made lunch before throwing a pass.

In the end -- it is the preseason and just like all the games being played, this argument is pointless. Until anyone sees how Suh fits in Miami -- we have no clue how good they will be. Until we see how Ngata is able to fill Suh's role -- we have no clue how good Detroit will be. So quit bickering.

If you guys want to bitch -- Let's talk about spending a top 10 pick on a TE, who will still be the #3 option, at best, by the time his rookie deal is up. :)
And that's the truth, with some cheese on it!

Bvsigu-CMAAKCnE.jpg

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Impossible. Smitty wishes he had those lovely locks.
Yer damn right I do!

And more boats n hoes.

And bunk beds.....

(I did laugh at that pic, but don't tell TPaul. The board is more entertaining when he's pissed off as all hell. Especially since Meow's latest stroke.)

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually -- in 2014 -- Detroit was #1 against the run. Miami was #24 against the run. You stated how teams never ran at Suh, so replacing the production against the run of a guy who only had 1 carry a game shouldn't be too difficult. Especially when the guy replacing him is better against the run. :)

Which Suh will Miami get? The one Austin turned into a success against the run or the Suh who ranked as one of the worst DT's against the run his few handful of years?

Ugh. You've become worse than TP.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think his pass catching attempts were cut down, in part, to the addition Ebron and the fact, Detroit couldn't pass protect to save their lives last year.

Orrrrrrrrrrrrr it could be cause he is...

1) Slow and not explosive.
2) Drops a high percentage of passes.
3) Get's the ball ripped out of his hands by 180lb defensive backs.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orrrrrrrrrrrrr it could be cause he is...

1) Slow and not explosive.
2) Drops a high percentage of passes.
3) Get's the ball ripped out of his hands by 180lb defensive backs.

No, he's awesome. He's a Lion God dammit!

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get's the ball ripped out of his hands by 180lb defensive backs.

I remember when that happened, some comedian questioned whether the Lions were the only team in the NFL who didn't take steroids lol

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he's awesome. He's a Lion God dammit!

I don't know why you argue with the Bro's. Same peeps were defending Stephen Peterman to the death after I created a thread on CBS about how dude was straight up garbage. Then he has one of the worst seasons an O-lineman can ever have. Gets cut and not one team clams him. The Peterbum train emptied faster than my bowels after eating spicy Mexican food.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the Jet's qualify as a true NFL franchise?

they haven't turned in a 0-16 regular season record, Yet, so yes they kind of do.. besides, it's home to a bunch of crazies.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uuuhhhhhhmmmmm.... ended up on the J-E-T-S for a minute... deservedly so, imo

Nothing about this post, but needed to copy something.

Need to get with ya about a watch list of kids to watch this college season. Got a few I've been waiting to watch. Gotta wait a extra week to watch Bosa play. Hate the Fuckeyes, but would forgive him if he was a Lion.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta wait a extra week to watch Bosa play. Hate the Fuckeyes, but would forgive him if he was a Lion.

I disconnect myself from college rivalries when it comes to players I would want. Love Bosa though. He be gone unless Lions screw the pooch somehow.

I started a list, albeit a short one.