• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: The Tribe visit the Rangers 6/6 to 6/9

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to imagine we don't condition like the other teams. But ... :scratch:

I was trying to hint at that earlier.

Moreland was not hurt to my knowledge and now it's reconstructive surgery?
you hate to go there because it seems silly,
but how does it not run through your mind

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do we keep beating the Cruz drum? He had a QO that was fair and he turned it down. Signed for less money with Baltimore. Isn't it obvious he did not want to play here? Is to me. Let it go.
And honestly, would Cruz be having this kind of season playing with us this year??? Really doubt it. He needed a change of scenery and his free agency mess left a chip on his shoulder. He's out of his mind right now, but he will cool off.

He is better than what we presently have? Yes. Would he have contributed to our lineup? Yes, but probably not much different than years past - streaky...

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Astros!!!! :yahoo:

I'm a bandwagon fan!!!

Actually, never cared for the Astros, and not about to start now. I guess if I choose bandwagon, I'll jump on the Braves wagon....but that has a few bad wheels as well...

last week I saw a clip of the Uptons running into each other (not making fun of them honestly, it happens more than we expect it to)
We chuckled because they're brothers

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cruz could get hurt tomorrow...or drop off the charts, and there isn't a bigger Nellie fan than myself.

hindsight is the problem. (this is not directed at you)
considering all of our needs, JD didn't have a good off-season, he had an above average to excellent one

Your right. .. had we been healthy with the team intended, I goes without saying we would have been a far more competitive team

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was trying to hint at that earlier.

Moreland was not hurt to my knowledge and now it's reconstructive surgery?
you hate to go there because it seems silly,
but how does it not run through your mind
It ran thru my mind right after ST,

I will guarantee you the FO will be looking long and hard at our conditioning program this off season, if not sooner...

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything we say is a mute point now. Morales is not coming here. And half the team is not coming back this year. Soto and Holland are. Enjoy what we have, I guess.

At least JD will know exactly what we have and what we need by seasons end.

Just think we all our Cub fans!

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last week I saw a clip of the Uptons running into each other (not making fun of them honestly, it happens more than we expect it to)
We chuckled because they're brothers
BJ has been a total disaster for the Braves. What a stupid signing that was...

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We get the good Ubaldo and the A's get the terrible one. Walks 4 in an inning, and gives up a GS.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cruz could get hurt tomorrow...or drop off the charts, and there isn't a bigger Nellie fan than myself.

hindsight is the problem. (this is not directed at you)
considering all of our needs, JD didn't have a good off-season, he had an above average to excellent one
You have to believe Cruz is playing for his contract. So he's focused. He's got to go through this kind of off season again. Probably wasn't fun for him. He'll sign a three year contract and revert to his old self.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything we say is a mute point now. Morales is not coming here. And half the team is not coming back this year. Soto and Holland are. Enjoy what we have, I guess.

At least JD will know exactly what we have and what we need by seasons end.

Just think we all our Cub fans!

now you've done it, there go Soto and Holland...

;)

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It ran thru my mind right after ST,

I will guarantee you the FO will be looking long and hard at our conditioning program this off season, if not sooner...

right, and now I'm questioning...if Moreland had been complaining of ankle pain, because of our incredulous luck, should he have been playing?

I mean it's MM, if something hurts...I want him thrown on the bench.

yes I'm totally speculating, but once again, how do you not?

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right, and now I'm questioning...if Moreland had been complaining of ankle pain, because of our incredulous luck, should he have been playing?

You have a point. Held out too long maybe. Mention his ankle in April and had the surgery in a season where all this wasn't happening.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your right. .. had we been healthy with the team intended, I goes without saying we would have been a far more competitive team

I agree with you about the pitching situation 100%

let's see what the youngsters can do, let them get their sea-legs. Perfect time. (I'm including Leo in there) They aren't going to make or break the season, so play ball and maybe some players look exciting for next season.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeh, agreed...that's why I posted earlier that I think Moreland was trying to hang on till reinforcements arrived...Adduci and Morales...with that option gone ( or in the case of Adduci, further delayed), they had to bite the bullet and DL him...

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Moreland, the Rangers will have made 19 disabled list moves for the season. No other major-league club has made more than 12 DL moves.

Bout sums it up doesn't it?

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He signed a very expensive offense piece in Choo, and spent on another (should have been) offensive powerhouse
It's the whole picture, there were a lot of holes to fill, and he can't fill every one of them in one off-season
MM was inexpensive, so why not give him one more shot.
I was in agreement to keep him in the off-season, did I want a more proven DH? Sure, but the reality is it's not a blank check.

I hear what you're saying. Choo and Fielder eat up a lot of the payroll, I have no doubt both of them will be firing on all cylinders next April. However, we've tried the " give Moreland a chance" thing for 3 years in a row now and it hasn't panned out. Decent Right handed bats are not hard to come by, I just mentioned Cruz and Morales as the premium choices. I would've gladly welcomed Jeff Baker back to DH over Mitch. Hopefully they go with Kouzmanoff next year if the guy proves himself in spring training again.