• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Tragedy of Allen Iverson

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having compassion for a moron is a Liberal point of view. Of course, you knew that.

The guy is a complete and total buffoon. Always has been. How anyone can have any sort of compassion for a person like that is absolutely beyond belief.

First of all, it appears you're trying to start a fight because I feel sorry for the guy. It's nothing personal, but I feel sorry for anyone who thought all of that money could buy happiness, because that means they never felt the love of God.

Second of all, I know many republicans who also feel sorry for people like him. It's not a liberal point of view - It's a humanistic point of view. Many people often end their lives in tragedy, but the good news here is that Iverson can turn his life around and find out what is important and become a better person.

Of course if you're agnostic, atheist or a Satanist, then I do understand your lack of compassion. I suppose that if you're perfect and never made a mistake, then I can see where you don't understand. Personally I feel sorry for people that are perfect and have never made a mistake, because that means they too have never learned some of the more important values in life that leads to happiness

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter what you think about him, from the movie it appears he was screwed at that bowling alley incident. That appears to have been a serious injustice.

But he made it through that and made 150+million. Dont feel sorry for him, but it is sad.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being drunk while giving a press conference is nothing. Pretty sure Charlie Sheen was on every drug imaginable during his whole two and a half men run. He probably wasn't even acting, just thought it was real life.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all due respect, no one in here has the right to tell another to not feel sorry for Iverson(or any one else) or to feel sorry for him. That is an individual choice that sometimes only certain people can relate to and understand depending on the circumstance. You would have to understand what Iverson has been through before making that judgement call and it's not choice to tell some one else how they should feel. If you don't feel sorry for the guy - That's your choice just as feeling sorry for the guy is my choice.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, a good number of athletes end up broke. They spend all the money they are receiving not realizing for most athletes their ability to earn the big bucks end by their mid 30's.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always liked Iverson, such a great player. Still these athletes shouldn't end up broke, if you ask me all teams should make it mandatory for a player to put 10% of what they make each season into a savings account. I'm getting by on what I make I'm sure an athlete could get by on 2-3 million per

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
League should hire him as an ambassador for up-n-coming NBA players and be the poster child of what not to do with your wealth.

Top 5 guard alltime in my book...terrific player. Good to here he still has cash reserves at 55.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iverson has money in accounts. His financial demise has been greatly overstated. Plenty of savings.

Some people just love the narrative of athletes going broke. I said "people," but "scumbags" is a bit more accurate.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 5 guard alltime in my book...terrific player.

Not sure I would rank him top 5 all time...

....but I have seen a lot of the greats of my generation play live. Magic, Jordan, Bird, Barkley, James, Kobe, ect ect.

Nobody was more impressive than Iverson. You don't really truly understand how small he was and yet how good he was in spite of it until you see him live. Was absolutely amazing to watch that midget (for the NBA at least) operate amongst the trees.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody was more impressive than Iverson. You don't really truly understand how small he was and yet how good he was in spite of it until you see him live. Was absolutely amazing to watch that midget (for the NBA at least) operate amongst the trees.

Saw AI play twice in my lifetime while sitting courtside. Guy had bird legs and wasn't taller than me as he walked within touching distance of me during warmups...guy went into the "Land-O-Trees" relentlessly and bombed tre-balls with wreckless abandon. Yeah, I saw AI play live.

He was unstoppable.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I would rank him top 5 all time...

....but I have seen a lot of the greats of my generation play live. Magic, Jordan, Bird, Barkley, James, Kobe, ect ect.

Iverson was listed at 6'0", but I doubt he was even that tall. He was probably more like 5'10" or 5'11".

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iverson was listed at 6'0", but I doubt he was even that tall. He was probably more like 5'10" or 5'11".

He was 165lbs....and most of that weight was from his gigantic set of balls.

I hope we see another like him in the NBA someday.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was 165lbs....and most of that weight was from his gigantic set of balls.

I hope we see another like him in the NBA someday.

We know that little guys can play point guard and get assists and steals, but damn, it was extraordinary to see a little guy score so much and take it to hole so much.

Shoveyjoe

El Flaco
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, it appears you're trying to start a fight because I feel sorry for the guy. It's nothing personal, but I feel sorry for anyone who thought all of that money could buy happiness, because that means they never felt the love of God.

Second of all, I know many republicans who also feel sorry for people like him. It's not a liberal point of view - It's a humanistic point of view. Many people often end their lives in tragedy, but the good news here is that Iverson can turn his life around and find out what is important and become a better person.

Of course if you're agnostic, atheist or a Satanist, then I do understand your lack of compassion. I suppose that if you're perfect and never made a mistake, then I can see where you don't understand. Personally I feel sorry for people that are perfect and have never made a mistake, because that means they too have never learned some of the more important values in life that leads to happiness
Why do agnostics lack compassion??

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being drunk while giving a press conference is nothing. Pretty sure Charlie Sheen was on every drug imaginable during his whole two and a half men run. He probably wasn't even acting, just thought it was real life.

I doubt he was any drunker than the reporters asking moronic questions.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Work has been kicking my ass plus my wife's job had her working nights leaving me wit
h our three kids alot of the time..

Family over the Hoop? You need to get your priorities straight. :lol:

Good to see you back.

Captain Confusion

I Can't Remember the last time I was here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
League should hire him as an ambassador for up-n-coming NBA players and be the poster child of what not to do with your wealth.

Top 5 guard alltime in my book...terrific player. Good to here he still has cash reserves at 55.

They should add Spreewell and Antoine Walker too as poster children......

For only the price of a daily cup of coffee you too can adopt a one time gazonillaire athlete who lost it all just by calling 1-800-Broke-Ass......