• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The three most likely.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most likely players that the Phillies will be able to trade all have names that begin with a B. Byrd, Bustardo, and Burnett. And most likely all they will get in return are B type prospects. I really don't see a fire sale coming our way. But then again anything can happen with Amaro at the helm!

WestCoastPhan

Northern California formerly from Bucks County
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most likely players that the Phillies will be able to trade all have names that begin with a B. Byrd, Bustardo, and Burnett. And most likely all they will get in return are B type prospects. I really don't see a fire sale coming our way. But then again anything can happen with Amaro at the helm!

and the reason they are the most likely is??

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the reason they are the most likely is??

There are at least two contending teams that need a lefty reliever due to injuries and Bustardo is affordable. Burnett can be a useful number 4 or 5 pitcher down the stretch and again due to injuries and failed rookies there is a need. Again he is affordable as a rental this season. Maybe next as well if the Phillies eat some of his salary. Byrd is hitting for power. At least two teams are looking for a right handed outfielder with pop. Byrd is affordable and can be converted to a DH in the American league. I am not saying that we won't trade others but that they are the most likely.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Howard hitting for such a low average, Amaro won't trade Byrd. It would be like axe the good guy and keep the loser.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Howard hitting for such a low average, Amaro won't trade Byrd. It would be like axe the good guy and keep the loser.

You have a point. Based on common logic. But our GM is not logical!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would hope they move KK but if it has to be one of the B's than so be it (no pun intended).