• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Thread formerly known as the CBS Daily

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what it's worth, I actually thought the GS win last night was perhaps their win that most impressed me all season. Not because of Steph or Thomspon, who have been consistently great all year, but because of how well Lee, Bogut, and Speights played together in the absence of Dramon Green.

I've been skeptical all year about GS to win playoff series against teams like SAS and Memphis, but I like their chances better after what they showed last night against Griffin and Jordan.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what it's worth, I actually thought the GS win last night was perhaps their win that most impressed me all season. Not because of Steph or Thomspon, who have been consistently great all year, but because of how well Lee, Bogut, and Speights played together in the absence of Dramon Green.

I've been skeptical all year about GS to win playoff series against teams like SAS and Memphis, but I like their chances better after what they showed last night against Griffin and Jordan.
That gdamn GRIFFIN! His first foul pissed me off. He's so gargantuan and he was obviously trying to be a bully- totally should've been a flagrant. My friend says I was just being mama bear though and it really was a regular foul. BS!
:heh:

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You going out there for business or pleasure? I'm in Vegas 5/4 through 5/10 for the National Hardware Show.
Damn, with 17 teams the picking was slim last night. I got screwed a few times on guys I wanted. Ended up with too many young guys possibly...Speaking of youth...I did want to draft Joc Pederson, but I thought his name was "Peterson", so I thought he was already gone well before he was drafted.

I think my pitching will be solid.

Slink, when appropriate can you give Gattis OF eligibility and give Vogt C eligibility?

Also, it sucks having the bye in week one! Am I supposed to have two byes? It seems I have another one toward the end of the year...

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone a year ago: "So Steve Kerr, you can coach the New York Knicks and be in the biggest market, on the biggest stage, with the deepest pockets and The Guru himself as GM/President,

OR

You could go to podunk central California and coach a team that has fewer resources, no Guru, and not even a distinct geographical identity. What'll it be?"

Kerr: "ummm...I'll take the State that's not really a State."

Everyone: "Bwahhh!! See ya, wouldn't wanna be ya in ten years when a REAL basketball team needs a coach! Idiot..."

Kerr a year later: "You guys still laughing? Sorry, I stopped listening..."

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, with 17 teams the picking was slim last night. I got screwed a few times on guys I wanted. Ended up with too many young guys possibly...Speaking of youth...I did want to draft Joc Pederson, but I thought his name was "Peterson", so I thought he was already gone well before he was drafted.

I think my pitching will be solid.

Slink, when appropriate can you give Gattis OF eligibility and give Vogt C eligibility?

Also, it sucks having the bye in week one! Am I supposed to have two byes? It seems I have another one toward the end of the year...

1) I'm in another league with 14 teams and 35-man rosters, so last night's wasn't that slim to me. I think there are still some good players out there in FA - many that I'd rather have than some of the players that were drafted.

2) I agree with what you've said about your team.

3) CBS is really good about the eligibility rules. I'm sure they'll swap it as soon as they're eligible. If they don't, just let me know and I'll be happy to change it, but I've never had to in the past.

4) The bye week does suck and, yes, some teams have two because there are 17 teams and 22 weeks. That's something I hadn't considered when I put up the poll. It may have been better to have the bye team face the "league average" score for that week. maybe we'll revisit that.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pleasure, and lots of it! I'll be there the weekend prior, during the Mayweather/Pacquiao fight, coming home on the 4th. I don't really care about the fight though, but I expect it will be a little extra wild with all the people. I hope I don't get shot up in a gang war!

Oh, that's too bad. I was thinking you and Mrs Redfoot could fight over me. :becky:

Damn. I hadn't realized that weekend was the Mayweather/Pacquiao fight. There's going to be some pissed off Mexicans when Pacquiao gets his ass kicked.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, that's too bad. I was thinking you and Mrs Redfoot could fight over me. :becky:

Damn. I hadn't realized that weekend was the Mayweather/Pacquiao fight. There's going to be some pissed off Mexicans when Pacquiao gets his ass kicked.
Whatever.

I'd totally kick her ass, but she probably fights dirty and would have those little ankle biters you two spawned waiting in the wings to take me down when I wasn't looking. What a bitch!

Is Pacquiao mexican? I thought he was Filipino or something? The friend I'm going with is a big Mayweather fan, so I may have to root for the mexican just to be a contrarian :dhd:

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone a year ago: "So Steve Kerr, you can coach the New York Knicks and be in the biggest market, on the biggest stage, with the deepest pockets and The Guru himself as GM/President,

OR

You could go to podunk central California and coach a team that has fewer resources, no Guru, and not even a distinct geographical identity. What'll it be?"

Kerr: "ummm...I'll take the State that's not really a State."

Everyone: "Bwahhh!! See ya, wouldn't wanna be ya in ten years when a REAL basketball team needs a coach! Idiot..."

Kerr a year later: "You guys still laughing? Sorry, I stopped listening..."

I don't think that everyone was saying that, since I can't imagine that anyone who was familiar with the two teams' rosters ever said that!

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much. Trust me on this one.
:dhd:

That's one of my go-to jokes. Call any MLB player from South America Mexican. Inevitably someone will say, for example, "David Ortiz isn't Mexican, he's from the D.R." at which point I demonstrate my irreverent sense of humor.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's one of my go-to jokes. Call any MLB player from South America Mexican. Inevitably someone will say, for example, "David Ortiz isn't Mexican, he's from the D.R." at which point I demonstrate my irreverent sense of humor.
If you have to explain it, it's not funny.
:ranger:

jk! I do that to my friend that is from Spain. But I can do that because I'm half Spanish, ya know.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heerd Muchamid Allie was endorsing the Mexxikin

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't his brain more scrambled than a 1985 tv trying to get Skinemax with bunny ears??

But...but he's da Greatist!

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's comedic rule #1.

I wasn't explaining the joke, I was advising that I use it a lot. Explaining it would be like, "you see, I'm calling everyone south of Texas "Mexicans," implying that I don't give a fuck... yada, yada, yada.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:ranger:

jk! I do that to my friend that is from Spain. But I can do that because I'm half Spanish, ya know.

I'm a half black, half Jew, half Purto-Rican-Chinese, half European mutt, half Inuit Eskimo with three testicles and the middle one is Jon Heyman, so I can do a lot of stuff.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) I'm in another league with 14 teams and 35-man rosters, so last night's wasn't that slim to me. I think there are still some good players out there in FA - many that I'd rather have than some of the players that were drafted.

2) I agree with what you've said about your team.

3) CBS is really good about the eligibility rules. I'm sure they'll swap it as soon as they're eligible. If they don't, just let me know and I'll be happy to change it, but I've never had to in the past.

4) The bye week does suck and, yes, some teams have two because there are 17 teams and 22 weeks. That's something I hadn't considered when I put up the poll. It may have been better to have the bye team face the "league average" score for that week. maybe we'll revisit that.

Sounds good. Thanks Champ.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a half black, half Jew, half Purto-Rican-Chinese, half European mutt, half Inuit Eskimo with three testicles and the middle one is Jon Heyman, so I can do a lot of stuff.
:shocked:
Eskimo? You eat whale blubber?!