• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Stupidity and just how bad it is....

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I call it "The Stupidity". That "we can always beat them up if we can't outscore them."

I hated that mentality as a kid watching hockey. I hated it even more as a player. Now...I just find it tiring.

Yes, it is good to see a team pull together and not be pushed around. BUT...Downie went after Volpatti for a clean check. He could have just given him a whack and been done. No, he starts throwing. Now he has a concussion and is in the hospital with what I would bet is a fractured orbital bone. VinnyL starts throwing and he too is hurt. Neither injury serve any good for the team. Neither player helps the team being off the ice. The fights didn't help the team win a game, score a goal or do anything positive. The only message sent was...we still believe in "The Stupidity" in Philadelphia.

You want to really humiliate another team? Try outplaying them for the puck. You want them to feel small? Score 5+ goals in a game. You want them to feel their balls shrivel up into their gut? Score 10 and shut them out. This running around having line fights because you can't out play the other team? That is "The Stupidity".

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fire Holmgren

Fire Holmgren

Nuff Said. :gaah::gaah::gaah:

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night was pretty embarrassing. If last night wasn't the final straw for a change of tide, I don't know what will be.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I still don't think this team is anywhere near as bad as the results show. Our boys stopped skating after probably the second goal last night at the absolute latest and when you do that, any other team that IS skating is going to torch you.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mav you're right the teams not that bad. We all looked at the lines at the start of the year and agreed that they looked good. IMO it's one colossal slump sprinkled in with injuries. Confidence is still a problem until they can work through this. I'm not saying some changes shouldn't be made but I wouldn't do anything drastic. The Downie trade for instance was a good hockey move so calling for Homers head is a little too much right now as the team needs some consistency not more chaos.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mav you're right the teams not that bad. We all looked at the lines at the start of the year and agreed that they looked good. IMO it's one colossal slump sprinkled in with injuries. Confidence is still a problem until they can work through this. I'm not saying some changes shouldn't be made but I wouldn't do anything drastic. The Downie trade for instance was a good hockey move so calling for Homers head is a little too much right now as the team needs some consistency not more chaos.

At some point you look back at our roster from last season and our record, then compare them to that of this season. Yes, we missed a playoff spot by 6 points, but 23-22-3 with a 15-7-2 record at home is in no way terrible. Is our roster not better and healthier this season? I'd say that it damn sure is, without question. And yet we're 3-9? Either every other team improved significantly or we're severely underperforming with an improved roster.

I honestly don't see a chance in hell that Homer gets fired before the end of the season, so we might as well forget calling for it now.

sanfrand

FFL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes this team is bad and it breaks my heart. They are old and slow on defense, or just flat out incompetent. (ie. STREIT) The offense gets passes blocked at an alarming rate and there is no hustle for the puck in the corners. WHY DOES NO ONE GO TO THE FRONT OF THE FUCKING NET!!!! Everybody out there shoots a missed one timer and head for the defensive zone. Giroux and Coots can't buy a goal. Pathetic! Again, It breaks my heart!