• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The state of Eli Manning

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, nothing fluky about these losses...The issues are real, and dont know how they go away
Well, I don't think we've seen the best out of our defense yet... I very much expect improvement on that end, if we can get and stay healthy.

The O-line, though :L... tough to be optimistic about improvement on that side of the ball.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,706.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He heard scary footsteps....

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it comes to baseball, I do think that Shaughnessy and Massarotti just use the easy take. They talk mostly about the flaws in the team and how it will be their downfall that season. And then when they don't win the World Series, they get to pump their fist for being right.

Well more than likely a team isn't going to win the World Series, so if that's the take, you're going to be right 90% of the time. Mazz spent the entire 2013 season saying the team wasn't good enough, and then just said "hey, they put it together and won it" when he was proven wrong.

yup, thats a fan approach.......Easy for me to predict, than celebrate the Sox not winning a title this season, but no matter the teams, odds are greatly in my favor that I would be right

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup, thats a fan approach.......Easy for me to predict, than celebrate the Sox not winning a title this season, but no matter the teams, odds are greatly in my favor that I would be right
I think last year they posed the question "would you take the field or the Pats" going into the playoffs. I actually think Mazz picked the Pats while everyone else took the field. Except they all picked the Pats to go to the Super Bowl because they felt the AFC was weak. So everyone just thought they were going to lose in the Super Bowl.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness, he isn't going to win games for the Giants alone and never was
You missed all of last season, I take it.

OBJ was as close to a one man offense (outside of the QB position) as there is in the NFL. And the Giants went 11-5.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You missed all of last season, I take it.

OBJ was as close to a one man offense (outside of the QB position) as there is in the NFL.

I'll say it again since its clear you guys don't get it

OBJ isn't winning you games all alone - he didn't last year and he won't this year. I'm sure it will take a while for you all to figure it out - but the rest of league isn't that slow.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OBJ isn't winning you games all alone - he didn't last year and he won't this year. I'm sure it will take a while for you all to figure it out - but the rest of league isn't that slow.
No offense, but you're not really backing up your point, star.

Of course football is a team game... and of course no player is winning a game all by himself. That's not really the point. The point is that a healthy OBJ is as valuable to his team as any (non QB) player in the NFL.

I don't know why anyone would deny that. If you take last season and the beginning of this season, the evidence is pretty clear.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, I'll make it simpler.

OBJ had 10 TDs on the season last year.

That's not even HALF of the receiving TDs the Giants had, although he accounted for most of the receiving yards.

You all claim he's a one man offense, yet the stats don't back up that claim.

Which is why we keep telling you all - he's a great player......but he's not as important as you want him to be. To be blunt, NO WR is.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness, OBJ is probably not near 100% healthy.
True, but it's more fun to ignore that and needle a little...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hate the cocky arrogant dick, but he kind of did beat us alone on this play last year

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He did last year

You've been right once this year

Congratulations

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OBJ, healthy or not, can't help the Gmen. Their game plan of going deep can't work as things are. The line is just too awful and without a run game, Eli is a sitting duck. Half the teams in the league have similar problems though so they aren't alone.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OBJ, healthy or not, can't help the Gmen. Their game plan of going deep can't work as things are. The line is just too awful and without a run game, Eli is a sitting duck. Half the teams in the league have similar problems though so they aren't alone.
I'm not entirely sure they're even committed to the running game at all. It's been such a long time since it's been a relevant part of their offense and given the personnel they have it almost seems designed.