• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The SportsHoopla QB Rankings: Part 4

Who is the Fourth Best QB?

• Eli Manning (2)

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Ben Roethlisberger (2)

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Russell Wilson (2013)

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Joe Flacco (2012)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Drew Brees (2009)

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Colin Kaepernick (2012 SB Runnerup)

• Matt Ryan (2012 NFCC)

• Alex Smith (2011 NFCC)

• Philip Rivers (2010 AFCC)

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Jay Cutler (2010 NFCC)

• Mark Sanchez (2009 AFCC)

• Other (Specify in Thread)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You jealous? The man has two Super Bowl MVP trophies. Both were earned after beating the Patriots.

Neither were earned. Every single defensive lineman starting was more valuable than Eli.

I hated when people used total yards against a QB when his YPA and completion percentage was high coupled with low INTs and adequate TDs. Teams have their philosophies. Totals will go up with more throws, efficiency will go down. Look at red zone and third down, if needed. Total yards mean little. Deep attempts can also factor in, but is your offense miving and when they do, do they score (red zone)? When they don't move fast, can they (third down)?

By the same token, if you look solely at efficiency stats and use them to compare someone who was on a dominant run team and had a lot of open looks as a result to someone who threw 60 passes a game because that's what his team needed to win, you're also not going to get much of a picture.

Third down numbers and red zone numbers vary significantly based on the situations the running game puts them in as well.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither were earned. Every single defensive lineman starting was more valuable than Eli.

By the same token, if you look solely at efficiency stats and use them to compare someone who was on a dominant run team and had a lot of open looks as a result to someone who threw 60 passes a game because that's what his team needed to win, you're also not going to get much of a picture.

Third down numbers and red zone numbers vary significantly based on the situations the running game puts them in as well.

Yeah, but when league leaders in completion % and efficiency are guys that threw 60 passes per game that reasoning kind of goes out the window.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. It doesn't speak to the efficiency numbers of anyone else and how much the system contributes to that.

Efficiency over volume you can pretty conclusively say is elite. Looking at solely the QBs numbers, you can't say the same off of strong numbers in only one of the categories.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like the people who voted for Russell Wilson to come out and admit as much. I just want to see who you are.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like the people who voted for Russell Wilson to come out and admit as much. I just want to see who you are.

Post #10 in this thread. Already said I did and why I did it.

If this was a poll about GOAT or rank QB's in order of their place in history then there would be some very different answers. This isn't about history or their place in it. It's about who do YOU think will have the best seasons as QB's next year. Hell, you had a few pick Eli. I mean Eli fucking Manning for gods sake. Hell, you had more than one for big Ben. Eli lead the league in interceptions last year and Ben wasn't in the top 10 of anything. Still, their fans are going to have their faith in them.

I'm damn sure the SF fans here will be very much overrating Kraperdick so why would you be so shocked about any other base and their faith in their own leader?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, Wilson being on this list is comical. If you switched him with half the QB's in the league, the Seahawks would be even better and his new team would be the same or worse. Put Rodgers, PManning, Brady, Brees, Stafford, Romo, Rivers, Cutler, Luck, Flacco, EManning, Foles, Kap or Newton on that Seattle team, and they still win the Super Bowl. Without a great running game and D, Wilson would look a lot different

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo, cutler, and Eli all would have made sure they didn't win shit.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo, cutler, and Eli all would have made sure they didn't win shit.

They are all better than Wilson, and it isn't close. Put Romo on that Seahawks team and they might go undefeated.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they aren't. They are all terrible QBs and football retarded.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they aren't. They are all terrible QBs and football retarded.

No they aren't. Once Brady hangs them up, you'll give your right nut for any of them. They are better than any other QB in Patriots history. Grogan? Bledsoe? Eason? LMFAO
:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I wouldn't. There are 15 QBs at least I take before any of those guys. I'd rather have a scrub and pay him like a scrub that have a scrub and pay him like a QB, though, so once money is factored in I would be pissed off to have any of them.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, Wilson being on this list is comical. If you switched him with half the QB's in the league, the Seahawks would be even better and his new team would be the same or worse. Put Rodgers, PManning, Brady, Brees, Stafford, Romo, Rivers, Cutler, Luck, Flacco, EManning, Foles, Kap or Newton on that Seattle team, and they still win the Super Bowl. Without a great running game and D, Wilson would look a lot different

Don't suppose you care to back any of that up with facts do you? Luck is a solid QB and Foles just might turn out to be one no doubt, but does he end up with the same stats on a different team? How many ex Kelly QB's did as well on other teams? Of course you can have arguments for rodgers, peyton, brady, and brees last season. The rest? :L

I mean did you really suggest Romo and Flacco are better than Wilson? Did you REALLY say that? Flacco and his 73 QB rating. :lol:

Wilson had statistically the worst pass blocking Oline in football last year and Wilson's stats were still top 10. Put Romo behind that line and Seattle loses at least 7 games with no question. Flacco would have been pulled for Jackson at some point.

Cutler? He might not even be the best QB on his own team.

Newton? Holy shit. Watch football much?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't suppose you care to back any of that up with facts do you? Luck is a solid QB and Foles just might turn out to be one no doubt, but does he end up with the same stats on a different team? How many ex Kelly QB's did as well on other teams? Of course you can have arguments for rodgers, peyton, brady, and brees last season. The rest? :L

I mean did you really suggest Romo and Flacco are better than Wilson? Did you REALLY say that? Flacco and his 73 QB rating. :lol:

Wilson had statistically the worst pass blocking Oline in football last year and Wilson's stats were still top 10. Put Romo behind that line and Seattle loses at least 7 games with no question. Flacco would have been pulled for Jackson at some point.

Cutler? He might not even be the best QB on his own team.

Newton? Holy shit. Watch football much?
LMAO, put Wilson behind the Shit OL Romo has had the last 5 years, give Wilson DMurray(for 5 games till he is hurt, then insert a backup) at RB, and the defense we've had last year that was missing 5-6 starters each year by midseason. The Cowboys have 3 straight 8-8's in which Romo had had a double digit lead in the 4th quarter 8-9 times only to have the defense cough it up. What the fuck could Wilson do with that? Not Shit

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's be fine. If you can be .500 with romo, you can be .500 with anyone.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO, put Wilson behind the Shit OL Romo has had the last 5 years, give Wilson DMurray(for 5 games till he is hurt, then insert a backup) at RB, and the defense we've had last year that was missing 5-6 starters each year by midseason. The Cowboys have 3 straight 8-8's in which Romo had had a double digit lead in the 4th quarter 8-9 times only to have the defense cough it up. What the fuck could Wilson do with that? Not Shit

What part of statistically worst Oline in football didn't you understand? lol

What pro bowl WR's did Wilson have to throw to last year? We were told all season that Seattle can't win in the playoffs because they have average at best receivers with Rice and Harvin out for the season with injuries.

Wilson was top 10 in most stats and did it behind the worst pass protection in football and throwing to middle of the road receivers.

Every single one of our losses over the last two years Seattle was in that game and had a lead that our defense gave up. Your story about Romo doesn't compare. Wilson has lead several come back wins including two last year that set records. Romo? Please. Try facts son.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post #10 in this thread. Already said I did and why I did it.

If this was a poll about GOAT or rank QB's in order of their place in history then there would be some very different answers. This isn't about history or their place in it. It's about who do YOU think will have the best seasons as QB's next year. Hell, you had a few pick Eli. I mean Eli fucking Manning for gods sake. Hell, you had more than one for big Ben. Eli lead the league in interceptions last year and Ben wasn't in the top 10 of anything. Still, their fans are going to have their faith in them.

I'm damn sure the SF fans here will be very much overrating Kraperdick so why would you be so shocked about any other base and their faith in their own leader?
Not really. How many votes does Kap have in this poll (I voted). ?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. How many votes does Kap have in this poll (I voted). ?

That proves nothing. The question wasn't how many 9'er fans would have him at 4 or 5, but how many would have him at 6 or 7 when non 9'er fans might not have him at all until 10 or 11?

Big ben is getting votes at 4. If you took out every Steeler fan how many would he still get?

I said in the first of these polls that because they are asking who will do best next year you are asking for blind homerism all over this thing.

We all enter each season with more hope than reality likely leaves real room for. That carries over to our anticipated performance of all of our stars.

Tell me 9'er fans are different. Go ahead.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf2:
That proves nothing. The question wasn't how many 9'er fans would have him at 4 or 5, but how many would have him at 6 or 7 when non 9'er fans might not have him at all until 10 or 11?

Big ben is getting votes at 4. If you took out every Steeler fan how many would he still get?

I said in the first of these polls that because they are asking who will do best next year you are asking for blind homerism all over this thing.

We all enter each season with more hope than reality likely leaves real room for. That carries over to our anticipated performance of all of our stars.

While you are right that it is for this next year, I was aiming for a current ranking. Not really this year's potential per se, but yeah, every homer will think that potential will be realized. How would you avoid an outdated rankings?

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From the voting results, obviously.