• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The sky isn't falling

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
End of the world? No. It's football.

This team has issues though and I'd say at this point it's a long shot that they make a deep run in the playoffs. Losing Thomas was HUGE and something they are not going to easily overcome.

It looked like they were not staying in cover 3 as much as they usually do which is probably because of Earl being gone. If they run schemes they don't normally run that often to cover for his loss they are asking 10 people to do something other than what they have done for the majority of their careers.

Russ will bounce back and a fair amount of the issues on offense were due to the shitty traction on that shitty field in shitty cold weather. Something they won't have back at home, nor their final road game.

The other glaring problem is this teams refusal to live up to their own motto of always competing when it comes to the X receiver. Seriously, McEvoy should get to start over Kearse. #15 is one of the very worst graded WR's in all of the NFL including backups or anyone that has ever had a target. And yet they keep on trotting him out there game after game after dismal shitty game. You can't tie up one of your precious passing slots to a guy that catches like one in ten targets and basically fails to get open so often almost every team leaves him man up with no cover because he's a non issue for them. Kills the other side where they can double up on Baldwin and Lockett.

They have lost the second seed already (for now) and just don't look like they have the defensive makeup they have in prior years to do what they need to in the post season. 1 sack in the last 3 games is not getting it done. Period. That's a huge problem. Combine that with Earl gone and allowing QB's all day in the pocket is going to kill them.

The sacks concern me also more than anything, with our secondary having holes now it's tough if you have no pass rush, just puts that much more pressure on the secondary.... We sat back yesterday bringing NO pressure, no good blitzes and just let Rodgers pick on our weak points in pass coverage.... I don't even think he threw Sherman's way at all ... Man, is it too late to call BB and put him out there opposite of Sherman... Can't be any worse than what we saw yesterday....

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's nowhere near the end. Still have a great shot at the 2 seed with the Cards being the toughest of the three and we have them at home. Yes the Hawks have issues but so does every other team fighting for the playoffs. Yesterday was more embarrassing then the Tampa game but take care of business Thursday night and rewrite those wrongs from Sunday. I expect this team will be focused, angry and ready to play come Thursday.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously, do you really feel this team has any realistic possibility of being in the superbowl THIS YEAR? we go on the road in the playoffs, we have little hope of winning, you can at least see that cant you?

You want consistency, I get it, and this year it's been up and down for sure... BUT the playoffs are a different beast all together, human nature... Players focus more, play harder, leave it all out there... Yesterday we saw a team fighting for it's playoff life ( Packers ),while we have a nice comfortable division lead and we didn't really bring any desperation or intensity ... Look at the different when we played the Patriots, Seahawk got up for that game and played like it... Again I wouldn't write them off just yet, let's see how the final 3 games go, and then let the chips fall ... 2nd seed is still in reach ... When I look at all the NFC playoff teams, WE CAN beat anyone of them on any given Sunday ...

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Know where they can get a better playbook so they can burn the one they've been using?

If your talking about the offense the only thing I would defend bevell on is that this offense is entirely made up of mediocre players that he turned great. A good chunk of the offense is made up of undrafted players our QB is a third/fourth round talent literally everyone except Jimmy Graham was created from Bevell and the coaching staff. Has his play calling been questionable yea, has the offense been a disaster yea although he isn't the only person at fault.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope the Sky isn't falling but it sure as hell is raining lol.

2 at home 1 on the road at Levi Stadium, i think the chances of going 3 and 0 are strong.

Coming into the season who had Marked down this December game in Green bay a win? not me, it's just to bad the team looked so awful, even worse than the TB game.

I loved seeing all the doom and gloom in the gameday thread. It showed you who the bandwagon fans are. I don't mind them jumping on board but i wish they would jump off just as fast when things go bad, Just leave all ready. makes trying to have constructive convo's with real Hawk fans a pain.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people just want to pretend its all rainbows and unicorns, even in a 38-10 butt whooping.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people just want to pretend its all rainbows and unicorns, even in a 38-10 butt whooping.

please introduce me to those people? People want to pretend this is some kind of hiccup then they have not been paying attention, And the others that pretend it's nothing but rainbows and unicorns also have not been paying attention. roller coast of extremes this year, Very inconsistent and painfully so. Not one area, many but they have done what they needed to for the most part. Now they need to figure it out and get HOT, fish 3-0 would be a great start but it's only a start in my eyes. Lots a work to be done. lets see if they figure it out again, because if they do they could be the toughest out in the playoffs.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And some people just want to pretend its the firey pits of hell, even when the team is going to Super Bowls. To each their own.

Those people are just overly concerned with the Hawks and aren't really paying attention to the rest of the league. Seattle is still probably going to end up with the 2 seed, with the 1 seed going to a rookie led team. Would I like them to look better right now? Fuck yeah. But they have the experience to have more than a punchers chance with the way the playoffs are shaping up. Teams rarely march through the regular season looking great every week, and the teams that do usually play very easy schedules and end up one and done once the competition steps up.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious Snugg, but how old are you?

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to lighten the mood a bit... "action green" endzones!