• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's @ Detroit - let the purse swinging begin !

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if ever their was a series we could hope to win ... I am guessing it would be this one.

Near identical records - near identical punchless lineups, could get swept all 3 or win all 3 or win the series 2-1. At this point I simply do not know what our team is capable of outside the confines of the pitchers mound.

Would be nice to see some well played ball for a change and get some guys off the schnide in the hitting dept.

I see JK batting cleanup tonites game. He has earned it. I hope the young man rakes all this road trip and is a mainstay in the top of the line up and penciled in nightly even against lefty pitching.

Maybe the other 8 guys in the line up could learn a thing or 2 watching Jared take care of business at the plate.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read a piece on MLB Trade Rumors posted yesterday talking about Teo and Wong...."league worst" came up in it for some reason.

Got me thinking. I hate hate hate hate big free agent contracts unless its a bona fide superstar like Trout or something. We got Teo and Wong in their final years before free agency, so they want to have big years as much as anybody, and if they don't, we get some help in drafts if Teo rejects a qualifying offer for next year. So I like the reasoning behind signing them. Jerry just seems to be bad at this approach.

Here's to a good series. Time for the inert offense to give the pitching staff a break. Maybe offense and pitching could even be good at the same time for more than a couple games in a row again?

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read a piece on MLB Trade Rumors posted yesterday talking about Teo and Wong...."league worst" came up in it for some reason.

Got me thinking. I hate hate hate hate big free agent contracts unless its a bona fide superstar like Trout or something. We got Teo and Wong in their final years before free agency, so they want to have big years as much as anybody, and if they don't, we get some help in drafts if Teo rejects a qualifying offer for next year. So I like the reasoning behind signing them. Jerry just seems to be bad at this approach.

Here's to a good series. Time for the inert offense to give the pitching staff a break. Maybe offense and pitching could even be good at the same time for more than a couple games in a row again?
How many offensive additions have we made over the year that ended up being dog shit or ended up regressing severely? I honestly just don't get it. Is it the weather? Is it the coaches somehow? It really baffles me other than the fact that it seems most guys flounder. The only ones who hit as well as before they came to Seattle were Nelson Cruz and Robinson Cano off the top of my head.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we beat the pants off of 'em game 1.

Now can they sack up over the weekend and stay hot and push a crooked number of at least 5 runs across the plate in both games?
I believe our pitching staff can hold this Tigers line up to around 3-4 runs ea game. We score 5 or more on Sat-Sun and we sweep them most likely.

Nice to see Julio have a rare good game as of late. France continues to get knocks and looks like he has bumped his avg up to .270+

Both Geno and Tao are really lacking in the HR dept these past 2-3 weeks.

Nice to see the big Dumper get a full 2 days rest ( he needs it ) I think they should sit him a tad more ( especially on lefty match ups ) as Murphy is only a slight decline in batting vs a LH pitcher and Cal needs rest to be at peak performance.

To those of you who have never caught a 9 inning game daily over a 3-4-5 day period, it beats the piss out of you and I found myself having a hard time gripping the bat after the 3rd 4th game. I cannot fathom catching MLB pitching over an entire spring and summer of 125 games plus.

I like the line up tonite. Should roll with it exact same tomorrow. Play Cabby even with a righty on the bump tomorrow.
SumTin WONG needs to sit out alot more games. He brings nada'

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kEEP IT GOING!

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope I don't jinx it, but man Bryce Miller really looks like the real deal. I've never seen anything like the movement on his fastball.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we beat the pants off of 'em game 1.

Now can they sack up over the weekend and stay hot and push a crooked number of at least 5 runs across the plate in both games?
I believe our pitching staff can hold this Tigers line up to around 3-4 runs ea game. We score 5 or more on Sat-Sun and we sweep them most likely.

Nice to see Julio have a rare good game as of late. France continues to get knocks and looks like he has bumped his avg up to .270+

Both Geno and Tao are really lacking in the HR dept these past 2-3 weeks.

Nice to see the big Dumper get a full 2 days rest ( he needs it ) I think they should sit him a tad more ( especially on lefty match ups ) as Murphy is only a slight decline in batting vs a LH pitcher and Cal needs rest to be at peak performance.

To those of you who have never caught a 9 inning game daily over a 3-4-5 day period, it beats the piss out of you and I found myself having a hard time gripping the bat after the 3rd 4th game. I cannot fathom catching MLB pitching over an entire spring and summer of 125 games plus.

I like the line up tonite. Should roll with it exact same tomorrow. Play Cabby even with a righty on the bump tomorrow.
SumTin WONG needs to sit out alot more games. He brings nada'
Your post made me realize I had never played catcher in a game before. Not exactly complaining as I can't imagine how straining that must be on your quads/knees/ankles.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope I don't jinx it, but man Bryce Miller really looks like the real deal. I've never seen anything like the movement on his fastball.
An upgrade over Ray?

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariners..3-0..top 7..
Going.bottom know

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Max Anderson..fld..2b..1000..so nice.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No reason why we cannot complete the trifecta and knock them off again tomorrow.

I said before the season started Gilbert was the ace of our pitching staff and I still stand behind that comment.
No discredit to Castillo, Logan is getting better every month over these past 2 seasons. He is a horse.

We got our 2 HR's which is a must for the Mariners to get to that magic 5 run number.

We still have a glaring hole at DH bat and 2b with SumTin WONG.

Geno will heat up and start hitting more dingers.

Raleigh's bat is the one that worries me. But he seems to hit his HR's in bunches. Not worried about his power, I am worried about his putting the ball in play on line drives hard grounders. he is barely over the Mendoza line at around .207 - that is NOT good.

We need to package up Trammel and WONG and Pollock and get 1 real baseball player in return, even if they are a 1 year rental

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but I think we all were hoping for an upgrade over Marco. :(
Sadly I think that is what the FO will try to do instead of add another bat. I know they desperately are anticipating the HOF bat of Dylan Moore back to count as an upgrade though.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The Tigers will try to salvage one game out of this series against a very good Seattle Mariners club" - Tigers announcer

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So our big left handed pitching smasher free agent bat is hitting 8th in a bad lineup and vs a left-hander...