• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The sky isn't falling

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I left but I have to come back and say this. We got smoked by a good Packers team in December. I don't care if Wilson threw 100 interceptions and we lost by 5,000. We weren't going to win this game. The Packers actually have a pretty good team and every time the thermometer gets below freezing they start talking about how tough it is to win there in December. Hats off to them for playing with pride. Of course they won. 2 out of 3 at home against teams with losing records who are all on the ropes. We win out we get the FRB and if we play them again it's in Seattle.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was just a weird-ass game. I'm not expecting Seattle to lose the turnover battle by 6 in any other games this year but this is two road games in a row now that Wilson has looked like dogshit. The turnovers often put the D in a bad position but at the same time they got absolutely no pressure on Rodgers and there were of course multiple blown coverages.

This isn't the end of the world by any means, but there are definitely some concerning areas. At least the next two are winnable at home but considering how the last meetings with the Cards and Rams have gone I'm not about to write these games down as W's.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may not be the end of it all, but it's going to take more than a simple quick fix after what happened in Lambeau.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I may.................

38-6. 6 To's

what i say.

So What? We had a bad game. Glad we got out of our system now then a month from now.

Green Bay beat us.......... So what?

It's on to St. Louis at home on thursday

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think that having a Thursday Night game this week helps. They won't have time to dwell on the complete disaster that was yesterday's game because they have to focus on the Rams now. I expect them to be focused and pissed off on Thursday. I know this butt kicking was shocking, mainly because it hasn't happened in six years, but the Hawks can still clinch the division with a win Thursday and a Cardinals loss on Sunday and they can climb back into the 2nd seed with a Detroit loss. This game was by no means fun to watch, but as the title of the thread says, the sky isn't falling.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the team looked pretty lifeless out there it seemed like after about 21-3 and Russ was turning the ball over they kinda didn't want to play anymore maybe the freezing temperature played a part who knows but this is a snapshot of what kind of team this is when the defense doesn't play lights out and keep the game within reach

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news is that the remaining schedule is pretty light. I DEMAND that this team finish 3-0. We have 2 home games and a road game against the 49ers NO EXCUSES. I don't want hear about the offensive line or Earl Thomas or the Refs FINISH 3-0.

We are in competition with the Lions for that #2 seed and first round bye they have two away games both of which are against Dallas and NY and their only home game is against GB so they have a tough finish. We need them to just lose one game and we finish 3-0 we are in there for the 2nd seed. Assuming Dallas gets the #1 seed and we make it to the conference game I like our chances in Dallas in an indoor stadium and not below 0 elsewhere

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ just isn't a good cold/bad weather quarterback. I'm not really sure why, but when the weather is a factor, Russ is almost always the QB more affected by it.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we basically win the division by default, we need only win one game doesnt even matter what the cards do. they can go 3-0 and finish 8-7-1 and we just need to win 1 game.

after that, we MIGHT win our home playoff game depending on who our opponent is. but im starting to really doubt even that. the giants are looking like a legit threat, the bucs already beat us. the lions could be legit too.

this team is going nowhere fast. i know the homers here will attack me, but its time to face facts, this team is not a contender. the offense needs an overhaul, the defense needs more depth at almost every level. no pass rush, poor coverage suddenly. things are just not looking good.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That game was weird from the start, It was just one of those games... Good news is we have a quick turn-around and can put this game in the rear view mirror SOON.... We still have a realistic shot at the #2 seed, 2 of 3 at home, let's take care of business... I have concerns over Wilson's accuracy lately, also our pass rush, BUT I also know the talent is there, something is just off right now ... Let's hope this get's ironed out soon and the team finds a groove...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we basically win the division by default, we need only win one game doesnt even matter what the cards do. they can go 3-0 and finish 8-7-1 and we just need to win 1 game.

after that, we MIGHT win our home playoff game depending on who our opponent is. but im starting to really doubt even that. the giants are looking like a legit threat, the bucs already beat us. the lions could be legit too.

this team is going nowhere fast. i know the homers here will attack me, but its time to face facts, this team is not a contender. the offense needs an overhaul, the defense needs more depth at almost every level. no pass rush, poor coverage suddenly. things are just not looking good.

I wouldn't say that just yet, sure we've been shitty 2 of the last 3 games, but don't write them off just yet... We know this team can play WAY better, it's not a lack of talent... Right now it just seem's like something mental is going on and it's better to have that now than in the playoffs... We can still get 11 wins and a 1st round bye if we close out strong... I wouldn't totally write them off just yet...

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season over?

Seasons over? Good, I guess we'll see you next August then.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its not just the last 3 games, its been going on all year on the road especially. outside of the jets and patriots, our offense has been horrible on the road. and it hasnt always been that much better at home.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its not just the last 3 games, its been going on all year on the road especially. outside of the jets and patriots, our offense has been horrible on the road. and it hasnt always been that much better at home.

I think someone hacked into MrSnuggles2k2 account. Two posts and none of them blaming Bevel for the loss......

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leave it to the Rams to provide a little perspective after yesterday's avalanche of awfulness by the Seahawks...

In less than a day, their starting running back called their offense a "Middle School" offense and suggested that not all of his teammates were given their best effort, and their coach got fired just a week after it was announced that he had signed a multi-year contract extension before the season.

And who do the Seahawks get to play next? The Rams. If there's a team on whom the sky really is falling, it's the Rams.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season over?

Seasons over? Good, I guess we'll see you next August then.

seriously, do you really feel this team has any realistic possibility of being in the superbowl THIS YEAR? we go on the road in the playoffs, we have little hope of winning, you can at least see that cant you?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously, do you really feel this team has any realistic possibility of being in the superbowl THIS YEAR? we go on the road in the playoffs, we have little hope of winning, you can at least see that cant you?

No. Not a chance at all. Season over. Like I said, see ya in August.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news is that the remaining schedule is pretty light. I DEMAND that this team finish 3-0. We have 2 home games and a road game against the 49ers NO EXCUSES. I don't want hear about the offensive line or Earl Thomas or the Refs FINISH 3-0.

We are in competition with the Lions for that #2 seed and first round bye they have two away games both of which are against Dallas and NY and their only home game is against GB so they have a tough finish. We need them to just lose one game and we finish 3-0 we are in there for the 2nd seed. Assuming Dallas gets the #1 seed and we make it to the conference game I like our chances in Dallas in an indoor stadium and not below 0 elsewhere
Know where they can get a better playbook so they can burn the one they've been using?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
End of the world? No. It's football.

This team has issues though and I'd say at this point it's a long shot that they make a deep run in the playoffs. Losing Thomas was HUGE and something they are not going to easily overcome.

It looked like they were not staying in cover 3 as much as they usually do which is probably because of Earl being gone. If they run schemes they don't normally run that often to cover for his loss they are asking 10 people to do something other than what they have done for the majority of their careers.

Russ will bounce back and a fair amount of the issues on offense were due to the shitty traction on that shitty field in shitty cold weather. Something they won't have back at home, nor their final road game.

The other glaring problem is this teams refusal to live up to their own motto of always competing when it comes to the X receiver. Seriously, McEvoy should get to start over Kearse. #15 is one of the very worst graded WR's in all of the NFL including backups or anyone that has ever had a target. And yet they keep on trotting him out there game after game after dismal shitty game. You can't tie up one of your precious passing slots to a guy that catches like one in ten targets and basically fails to get open so often almost every team leaves him man up with no cover because he's a non issue for them. Kills the other side where they can double up on Baldwin and Lockett.

They have lost the second seed already (for now) and just don't look like they have the defensive makeup they have in prior years to do what they need to in the post season. 1 sack in the last 3 games is not getting it done. Period. That's a huge problem. Combine that with Earl gone and allowing QB's all day in the pocket is going to kill them.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I predicted 10 and 6 before the season. That's kinda' where I thought we belonged, good enough to make the playoffs, but with the O-line being our achilles heel.

But as the NE game showed, this team CAN get on a roll too.

So, hope for the best, and know that likely we still need to draft/develop/trade for a couple of O-linemen, at least one starter and definitely some depth.

You think that Cards fans would trade places with us? Speaking of talented teams whose wheels have fallen off.