• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The single greatest rock song of all time (in your opinion)

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That there would've been some quality-level trolling my friend.

I normally would have no problem with doing something like that but my attorney is sure my insanity defense is air tight ...

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But seriously, all joking and homosexual fantasies aside, I do like Tunnel of Love a lot. I'd still put Born To Run and maybe Nebraska ahead of it, but once you get past the obvious 80s production that runs throughout the album, there are some great songs on there.

Bruce is truly the GOAT though. Well, second GOAT at least, after Jay "40 bombs at CBP" Bruce....
Yeah, I agree he's such a good writer that it overcomes the 80's production. He's really good at choosing the right "filler words" to make the song flow depending on the line. He's got two kinds of songs. One where he's speaking to a woman ("baby we were born to run") and one where it's like he's telling a story to some guy at a bar. In the story telling ones he's got like 5 or 6 goto words (man, buddy, mister) and you can tell he's careful about picking the one that works best to make the lyric work. If you look at all of his songs you'll notice "Mister" is a word he uses a lot. (Like the line "Mister, I ain't a boy, no I'm a man, and I believe in the Promised Land". It fits perfectly there, not only because it has the right number of syllables but also it shows he's passionate about what he's about to say.)

And that...is your music appreciation lesson for today.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love that somebody posted Cherry Pie. LOL

Definitely would lean toward the 80s/early 90s hair bands.

I mean...Bon Jovi...Poison..Motley Crue...Metallica...Guns N Roses...There's so many songs that could be put up there from just that group of 5.

Guessin' Livin on a Prayer and Paradise City would be the top two from that selection.

TightyWhitey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread attempts to do the impossible. Post what you consider to be the greatest rock song of all time (in other words, the greatest song in the history of music). Only one song allowed, so choose wisely. No take-backs or "now that I think about it" posts.

I swear to Christ, if @yoga≈surfing comes in here and posts 30 fucking random songs, I'm going to triangulate his IP address, drive to California, and fuck him up so bad that he's gonna wish that he had never heard a rock song in his entire life.

"Hotel California" by the Eagles

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One of my all-time favorite concert moments was when they teased into it with that 3 note intro - da ... dah .. daaaahhhhhhhh..

Baby I feel good! :rockon:

Lol. Never mind.. I just realized I'm talking about this one

Last edited: