• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Sharks should have $10 million in cap space to work with this off season

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And all that space gets used up re-signing White, Seto, and cheap guys to fill out the roster. If only it was $15 mill in space, sigh. Thanks Heatler.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I would say resigning white, seto, and wellwood will cost in the realm of 8M. However, if the sharks wish to add a top 9 forward or top 4Dman, they have 2 options:

choice 1: Drop the dropable dead weight. No, this does not refer to heater. I am referring more so to niity and mitchell. Both guys can be moved, or in the case of niity, buried in the minors. Nemo is good for 70+ games, so the backup to him should never cost 2M sitting on the bench. Mitchell at 1.4 is an overpayment.

Forwards: Jumbo, pavs, patty, heater, seto, clowe, couture, wellwood (8)
Dmen: Boyle, murray, vlasic, demers, white, braun (6)
Goal: Nemo (1)
Cap space remaining: 6 Mil.
Needs: back up G, 1 top 9 forward, 1 top 4 Dman, whole 4th line.
Back up G: stalock, griess, journeyman = 700k.
whole 4th line: Nichol + 2 open spots for rookies to fight it out (desjardins, mcginn, wingels...)= 1.8M
3rd line forward: 1.5M
leaves the top 4 Dman need open with roughly 2M in cap space.

*Obviously, they cant add a top 4 Dman without some form a trade either directly for the player or to drop salary to sign as a UFA, but if they have 2M open, then the trade doesn't have to be equal in salary.

choice 2: try to acquire the players completely by trade. The sharks do have a fair number of trade chips including pavs, seto, vlasic, niity, mitchell, and of course, picks and prospects.

I would rather see the dougie drop the dead money on the team, so that he can retain as many of the worthwhile players as possible.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10Mil in cap space? Looks like Dougie will have no problem resigning Wallin to a two year 6 Million dollar contract :eek:

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10Mil in cap space? Looks like Dougie will have no problem resigning Wallin to a two year 6 Million dollar contract :eek:

Scratch that player off the list now.........

Doug's job just got easier now..........j/k