• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Shanahan was ready to go article

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they wasted this season forcing the issue to allow him to play when he obviously was not ready. I think that was partly owner call and partly player call, and ultimately set the entire team back. I think RG3 was rushed back because Snyder wanted him in, and they were smart enough to realize that Cousins starting would create the kind of Questions you dont want to have when you gave up a boat load for RG3. Right now they are simply in damage control mode, which is why Cousins wont start.

where was this before the season ? at the beginning of the year most everyone and their brother thought Rg3 would come in and tear it up

now after the fact we get the hind sight is 20 20 BS

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
where was this before the season ? at the beginning of the year most everyone and their brother thought Rg3 would come in and tear it up

now after the fact we get the hind sight is 20 20 BS

And you were one of the biggest critics of trading up to get a QB ever period, right until we did it. So lets take off the holy robes for a moment there Skinsdad. BAsed on his play early on, he wasnt ready. They continued to push the point and even now still push the point. Its wasted time, resources, and ultimately has put us back two years as a team. Thats not hind site, thats the reality of now.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you were one of the biggest critics of trading up to get a QB ever period, right until we did it. So lets take off the holy robes for a moment there Skinsdad. BAsed on his play early on, he wasnt ready. They continued to push the point and even now still push the point. Its wasted time, resources, and ultimately has put us back two years as a team. Thats not hind site, thats the reality of now.

OK. Please clarify. Is your main pt that they should not have rushed RG3 this season or that they should have never obtained him in the first place? If it is the latter I have to say that myself and many others were thrilled with the RG3 trade & I will continue to be since no judgement can be made until at least several years from now. Were you part of the minority that hated the trade since day 1? As I recall very few Redskins fans had this opinion (and did not until possibly very recently).

Just curious. As for this season - well in the end that is Shanahan's fault. If he was truly undermined by Snyder then I still blame him. He can decide who starts. If he truly stated that he could not take it & wanted to quit - fine - quit already. The guy just strikes me as someone that is being less than honest. Time for this circus to end - fire the coaches - work closely with RG3 and let's see what can be done moving forward.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. Please clarify. Is your main pt that they should not have rushed RG3 this season or that they should have never obtained him in the first place? If it is the latter I have to say that myself and many others were thrilled with the RG3 trade & I will continue to be since no judgement can be made until at least several years from now. Were you part of the minority that hated the trade since day 1? As I recall very few Redskins fans had this opinion (and did not until possibly very recently).

Just curious. As for this season - well in the end that is Shanahan's fault. If he was truly undermined by Snyder then I still blame him. He can decide who starts. If he truly stated that he could not take it & wanted to quit - fine - quit already. The guy just strikes me as someone that is being less than honest. Time for this circus to end - fire the coaches - work closely with RG3 and let's see what can be done moving forward.

Socal... Both. The trade should have never been made. But once it was, the injury and his health have been poorly managed. I think it was a mistake trading up for him. But beyond that, it was a serious mistake to rush him back, and even more so to continue playing him when his body wasnt ready for it. With no off season it was a mistake to expect he could become a pocket passer. And his body wasnt ready to continue being an option QB. So all the way around this was handled poorly. Even if you give them a pass on the trade, they screwed up royally managing the player this year.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

there is a big difference between telling people what the cost of a trade will be . if they want to go to the franchise qb thing and accepting what the team did

i wouldnt have made that trade for a bradford or sanchez . i felt building the o/line was better

if RG3 wasnt ready he still needed snaps to grow . he may have been healthy enough to play but not to his old self .

we arent 3-10 because Rg3 wasnt 100 % on fire from day one

we give up 31 points a game so to even be in the game we have to get 32 points just from the get go . very few people besides a peyton or brady can do that

your issue is you dont have patience .

it is totally unreasonable for you to expect that a guy coming off a devastating knee injury going into his 2nd year would set the world on fire . a healthy guy would struggle just look at Luck . i dont care what we "paid for him " (it was 3 players ) it wont happen and you are smart enough to know that

i have said over and over that Rg3 has made mistakes . i brought that up over the debate over the o/line . i also believe he will fix those issues with more snaps and a full off season of work

i have been on record for saying we should have kept JC as the stop gap never traded for DMAC , put our resources into building a better o/line and wr corp then get our qb .

the powers that be didnt do that , they went the other way the way you and others said they should which was grab your franchise qb and build around him . you all said gut 2 drafts to do it , that it was worth it because you cant win without one

they didnt do what i felt they should have but i didnt root for its flat failure . i embraced it , and SUPPORTED our QB

hell it still could work out . you espoused a philosophy and then when early on it appeared it wasnt going to work you trash the trade you always said you wanted

i have always said you build up the LOS on both sides of the ball then get the skill guys . i have never wavered from that and in the past 20 years the team has never done that .

you can talk about my "holy robes" all you want but the constants with me are always . support our team and players and always have a positive outlook no matter how bad it looks

if Rg3 doesnt get it together in the next 2 years he will be gone and the trade will be a mistake . and guess what ?
i will be back advocating we fix the LOS 1st , stop gap our qb until we are ready for him and that we will be alright through it all

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is a big difference between telling people what the cost of a trade will be . if they want to go to the franchise qb thing and accepting what the team did

i wouldnt have made that trade for a bradford or sanchez . i felt building the o/line was better

if RG3 wasnt ready he still needed snaps to grow . he may have been healthy enough to play but not to his old self .

we arent 3-10 because Rg3 wasnt 100 % on fire from day one

we give up 31 points a game so to even be in the game we have to get 32 points just from the get go . very few people besides a peyton or brady can do that

your issue is you dont have patience .

it is totally unreasonable for you to expect that a guy coming off a devastating knee injury going into his 2nd year would set the world on fire . a healthy guy would struggle just look at Luck . i dont care what we "paid for him " (it was 3 players ) it wont happen and you are smart enough to know that

i have said over and over that Rg3 has made mistakes . i brought that up over the debate over the o/line . i also believe he will fix those issues with more snaps and a full off season of work

i have been on record for saying we should have kept JC as the stop gap never traded for DMAC , put our resources into building a better o/line and wr corp then get our qb .

the powers that be didnt do that , they went the other way the way you and others said they should which was grab your franchise qb and build around him . you all said gut 2 drafts to do it , that it was worth it because you cant win without one

they didnt do what i felt they should have but i didnt root for its flat failure . i embraced it , and SUPPORTED our QB

hell it still could work out . you espoused a philosophy and then when early on it appeared it wasnt going to work you trash the trade you always said you wanted

i have always said you build up the LOS on both sides of the ball then get the skill guys . i have never wavered from that and in the past 20 years the team has never done that .

you can talk about my "holy robes" all you want but the constants with me are always . support our team and players and always have a positive outlook no matter how bad it looks

if Rg3 doesnt get it together in the next 2 years he will be gone and the trade will be a mistake . and guess what ?
i will be back advocating we fix the LOS 1st , stop gap our qb until we are ready for him and that we will be alright through it all

Skinsdad, forget writing a book. I will stand by what I am saying... we pulled the trigger on the wrong guy. I expect the move to fail. Yes I wanted the team to make a move ot get a franchise QB... to bad we got Mike Vick without the dog fighting issues when it all comes out in the wash.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vick is a great compassion. I think more so Randall Cunnigham. At least it will be fun to watch.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:think:What if Mara paid Gratziano, who works the Giants beat now, to write this article to start this shit storm for Dan ?:tinfoil3:

i would gladly have someone write a shit storm about me if I could date Kate!!

kate-mara-premiere-house-of-cards-06.jpg

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody knows who will be correct.

1) Before his rookie season, you could go either way on the amount we gave up for RG3.

2) After his rookie season, you cannot argue that he wasn't worth it or that he wouldn't be worth it if he recovers from his injury.

3) After this season, you can argue either way again...it just depends on what RG3 you believe will be in the future. Those who believe he is a premadonna have a better standing right now because it's fresh and put in the media...CONSTANTLY.

4) The future is TBD. Realistically, he doesn't even have to win a SB to be worth the trade. All he has to do is be good and get us to the playoffs, win one or two games in the playoffs, and he was worth the trade.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody knows who will be correct.

1) Before his rookie season, you could go either way on the amount we gave up for RG3.

2) After his rookie season, you cannot argue that he wasn't worth it or that he wouldn't be worth it if he recovers from his injury.

3) After this season, you can argue either way again...it just depends on what RG3 you believe will be in the future. Those who believe he is a premadonna have a better standing right now because it's fresh and put in the media...CONSTANTLY.

4) The future is TBD. Realistically, he doesn't even have to win a SB to be worth the trade. All he has to do is be good and get us to the playoffs, win one or two games in the playoffs, and he was worth the trade.

So you would give up 4 high draft picks for Tony Romo?? Because thats basically what you are saying with this last statement. If we dont get at least ONE Lombardi with him at QB, the trade would be viewed as a complete and abject failure. :gaah:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Socal... Both. The trade should have never been made. But once it was, the injury and his health have been poorly managed. I think it was a mistake trading up for him. But beyond that, it was a serious mistake to rush him back, and even more so to continue playing him when his body wasnt ready for it. With no off season it was a mistake to expect he could become a pocket passer. And his body wasnt ready to continue being an option QB. So all the way around this was handled poorly. Even if you give them a pass on the trade, they screwed up royally managing the player this year.

Thanks for the clarification. If RG3 was rushed back then I blame that 100% on Mike Shanahan. He had the power to bench him regardless of the feelings of RG3. If he felt so much pressure from Snyder, RG3, etc then he should have walked away from the job (instead of trying to weasel out of it like he is doing right now).

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the clarification. If RG3 was rushed back then I blame that 100% on Mike Shanahan. He had the power to bench him regardless of the feelings of RG3. If he felt so much pressure from Snyder, RG3, etc then he should have walked away from the job (instead of trying to weasel out of it like he is doing right now).

Now look at it from Mikes point of view for a second. since we are assuming on both sides here. Assume Mike didnt want RG3 and Dan pushed the trade thus making the pick fate accompli. Also say there was more pressure o start him from QB and Owner than to let Cousins play. In Mikes shoes, would you walk away from $14 million, or would you do as the boss says, suck it up and cash your check?? If you say you would walk, I call BS. Thats a whole lot of cheese to blow on pride or hurt feelings.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now look at it from Mikes point of view for a second. since we are assuming on both sides here. Assume Mike didnt want RG3 and Dan pushed the trade thus making the pick fate accompli. Also say there was more pressure o start him from QB and Owner than to let Cousins play. In Mikes shoes, would you walk away from $14 million, or would you do as the boss says, suck it up and cash your check?? If you say you would walk, I call BS. Thats a whole lot of cheese to blow on pride or hurt feelings.

Interesting. So - if this is true - did he feel the same pressure during both the Ravens & Seahawks game? I find that extremely hard to believe. I just find it extremely hard to believe just about anything from Shanahan at this time.

Why all of sudden do we find out about this story from last season? Why the sudden change of heart to now consider benching RG3? Yes - it would be hard to walk away from all of that money, but I have to believe that there are other alternatives (e.g. he could tell Snyder "no" - he would bench RG3 & if he didn't like it he could fire him which would allow Shanahan to keep the balance of his contract).

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that some of the articles over the last few days correctly portrayed the situation in that Snyder, Shanahan & RG3 are all in the wrong. However - Snyder is not selling the team & RG3 is untouchable. Therefore - Shanahan has to be the odd man out & I truly believe that he has a major hand in a lot of these stories since he most likely wants to be fired and pickup next season's salary.

Knowing how controlling Shanny is of message and the bizarre timing of this, I think this is a very plausible theory. Why quit for free when you can help accelerate getting fired for millions?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knowing how controlling Shanny is of message and the bizarre timing of this, I think this is a very plausible theory. Why quit for free when you can help accelerate getting fired for millions?

The only thing that I don't understand, if mike leaked the story, was why now? Why accelerate the issue? You had 4 games left and things weren't looking good anyway. He could have leaked it after the season, he could have benched RG3, he could have done a couple of things to ensure his dismissal without stooping to these levels.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing that I don't understand, if mike leaked the story, was why now? Why accelerate the issue? You had 4 games left and things weren't looking good anyway. He could have leaked it after the season, he could have benched RG3, he could have done a couple of things to ensure his dismissal without stooping to these levels.

I'm beginning to think this is the ultimate result of a whole lotta hate and anger on Shannys part, followed by lack of good judgement, character and integrity. It happens when it comes to protecting your son and highlights the reason why the father/son combo was ultimately toxic for the skins. If you can't critique your son, all bets are off. Nepotism and meddlesome owner= recipe for disaster and a lose/lose situation.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well it doesnt matter anymore , he is most likely gone

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well it doesnt matter anymore , he is most likely gone

Has to go IMO. And I was a supporter of his staying another year. No longer. Truly shenanigans and now chicanery.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

So you would give up 4 high draft picks for Tony Romo?? Because thats basically what you are saying with this last statement. If we dont get at least ONE Lombardi with him at QB, the trade would be viewed as a complete and abject failure. :gaah:

I thought about a Lombardi to justify the move; however, think about it. Teams keep their first round picks all the time and they don't improve.

If we make the playoffs the next five years with a couple of wins...yes the move is justified if RG3 is the reason we do.

Romo isn't worth those picks because Romo has had the best OLB the NFL has seen over the last 20 years. They have a HOF TE in Witten. They have had smatterings of really good players and now they have a top three WR (talent wise). Romo doesn't necessarily make the players around him better.

SaintGibbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when asked at his presser yesterday, Shanahan clearly stated that he wants to come back next season, and that he loves this team. Turn on NFL Live after than and I hear Trey Wingo say that it was interesting that Shanahan didn't say he wanted to come back to Washington next season. Not more than 15 minutes after Shanahan's presser, the fucks at ESPN are clearly manipulating the story to push more drama.

I'm a firm believer that where there's smoke, there's fire...but clearly the media is pouring fuel all over this.

Last edited by a moderator: