• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Shanahan was ready to go article

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Shanahan was ready to quit Washington Redskins after 2012 season - ESPN

I hear people saying Shanahan was willing to quit on the team. That's false. The rumor is he was willing to quit on Daniel Snyder and his meddling ways.

Shanahan thought we was going to be leaving on good terms until RG3 got hurt and he didn't want to make it seem like he was abandoning his team because the super star was hurt. This is the definition of a TEAM coach.

Him being a TEAM coach is why he was against the preferential treatment a rookie was receiving by the meddling owner. For God's sake, how hard would it have been for Daniel Snyder to go to KC last season and say HELLUVA game son...thank you.

Money will buy us a new coach...the question is if the coach is willing to come here just for money...is he really the coach for us because he won't tell Dan to shove it.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:think:What if Mara paid Gratziano, who works the Giants beat now, to write this article to start this shit storm for Dan ?:tinfoil3:

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:think:What if Mara paid Gratziano, who works the Giants beat now, to write this article to start this shit storm for Dan ?:tinfoil3:

Lmao! And who is in the grassy knoll?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am not sold on the article either . i think it doesnt add up

but shanny has been known for a fib or 2 in his time

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shanahan was going to leave because of Snyder at the end of last season. Snyder was undermining the coach who won the division and building a TEAM around a dynamic QB...and not building a dynamic QB with a dynamically large head.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Shanahan really wants to be fired, all he has to do is make one statement.

"Kirk Cousins will be our starter for the remainder of the season."

Within 20 minutes of this statement, he is fired.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shanahan was going to leave because of Snyder at the end of last season. Snyder was undermining the coach who won the division and building a TEAM around a dynamic QB...and not building a dynamic QB with a dynamically large head.

according to whom GK ? the unnamed source ? how do you KNOW snyder did anything ?

i will grant you snyder isnt above doing that but you better have a credible source for me to swallow that grassy knoll BS

where was this 8 months ago ?

shanny could have easily feigned "health " issues and turned the team over to his son

and after watching his latest press conference i see a bunch of angry entitled reporters speculating their collective asses off

i think this press corp is awful and openly root for team failure

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you talk to people close to Griffin, it's clear he is tired of how his relationship with Snyder has been portrayed, that they're not as close as the stories suggest and don't talk often, especially during the season. Snyder was knocked in the past for chummy relationships with players; it created a hierarchy that others in the locker room did not like at all. Snyder hasn't created a winning organization and he has done a lot that can be criticized because he has presided over seven 10-loss seasons and only three 10-win seasons. Maybe he never builds one. But in this case, he has done what Shanahan wants in terms of building the bubble and moving camp to Richmond, among other moves. And it's safe to say Griffin also knows that, fair or not, any move involving Shanahan will stain him in the short term (and if they hire Art Briles, it will do so even more, a lot more). It's also true that the other young players on the roster are having a tough time with all the stories and distractions. The veterans? They've seen worse.

from kiem , the elusive denial from the Rg3 camp

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enough blame for both camps. That's what I mean by kernels of truth. Neither has behaved with 100% integrity towards their relationship in the public domain.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's also true that the other young players on the roster are having a tough time with all the stories and distractions. The veterans? They've seen worse.

I think that you know the answer for this one. As long as they lose players - young & old - will have a tough time. Once they win - which unfortunately won't matter or truly be possible until next season - a lot of this will will be somewhat forgotten. If a team is winning the media can say whatever they like and all the players and coaches have to say is "Scoreboard".

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enough blame for both camps. That's what I mean by kernels of truth. Neither has behaved with 100% integrity towards their relationship in the public domain.

I think that some of the articles over the last few days correctly portrayed the situation in that Snyder, Shanahan & RG3 are all in the wrong. However - Snyder is not selling the team & RG3 is untouchable. Therefore - Shanahan has to be the odd man out & I truly believe that he has a major hand in a lot of these stories since he most likely wants to be fired and pickup next season's salary.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that some of the articles over the last few days correctly portrayed the situation in that Snyder, Shanahan & RG3 are all in the wrong. However - Snyder is not selling the team & RG3 is untouchable. Therefore - Shanahan has to be the odd man out & I truly believe that he has a major hand in a lot of these stories since he most likely wants to be fired and pickup next season's salary.

And there is lay the real problem. When you have an owner who is willing to make a player untouchable for any reason, you castrate the coach. This is why i think its not going to matter who we bring in as coach. Because not coach of note is going to want to walk int oa situation where its the owner, QB, then coach in the pecking order.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there is lay the real problem. When you have an owner who is willing to make a player untouchable for any reason, you castrate the coach. This is why i think its not going to matter who we bring in as coach. Because not coach of note is going to want to walk int oa situation where its the owner, QB, then coach in the pecking order.

When I say untouchable I am only referring to the fact that he won't be traded or cut. I am not implying that he is not subject to any rules. I believe that RG3 has a somewhat unique relationship with Snyder but a lot of the speculation is a bunch of crap and has never been confirmed. If it is just about Snyder occasionally hanging out with him & not really talking to Cousins - big deal.

They also don't really need to bring in a coach of note (and honestly I don't want a guy like Gruden, Cowher, etc). There is plenty of young coaching talent out there who would jump at the chance (the most successful coach for this franchise fit into this category at one time).

Anyhow - not much anyone can do about this - it all comes down to how Snyder reacts to all of this - we will see. I am not worried about it too much.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG3 is untouchable right now. As much as Snyder has invested into RG3, it is way too early for him to give up on that investment. Cousins could come in and tear it up for the next 3 games. RG3 will be the starter next year. Snyder needs to find out if this investment will pay off. Right now, its undetermined. He has shown potential, but he has also shown flaws. They only way Snyder will know if he can develop is by playing him.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is, no player should be untouchable. If your performance is suffering, your job should be subject to competition. And he is only uncuttable/untradeable because of what we gave up to get him. From a money standpoint, it would cost us les than it cost to deal with Haynesworth to say, it was a mistake move on.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In theory, yes. In reality, this happens. RG3 has at least one more year and probably 2 more years to prove the return on investment.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is, no player should be untouchable. If your performance is suffering, your job should be subject to competition. And he is only uncuttable/untradeable because of what we gave up to get him. From a money standpoint, it would cost us les than it cost to deal with Haynesworth to say, it was a mistake move on.

Cmon - you know that is not true for just about any NFL team. Any decent starting NFL QB is going to be protected more than just about any other player - that is a fact of life. Given the reality of the situation - regardless of your feelings about the guy - don't you think that it is best to wait at least a few years to see how he eventually pans out? I also don't want to see a revolving door QB situation - it hasn't worked in DC in the past and won't work in the future.

Again - he has one good year & one bad one. How does anyone really know how he will play next season especially if he has different players and coaches around him. Next season is key.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon - you know that is not true for just about any NFL team. Any decent starting NFL QB is going to be protected more than just about any other player - that is a fact of life. Given the reality of the situation - regardless of your feelings about the guy - don't you think that it is best to wait at least a few years to see how he eventually pans out? I also don't want to see a revolving door QB situation - it hasn't worked in DC in the past and won't work in the future.

Again - he has one good year & one bad one. How does anyone really know how he will play next season especially if he has different players and coaches around him. Next season is key.

I think they wasted this season forcing the issue to allow him to play when he obviously was not ready. I think that was partly owner call and partly player call, and ultimately set the entire team back. I think RG3 was rushed back because Snyder wanted him in, and they were smart enough to realize that Cousins starting would create the kind of Questions you dont want to have when you gave up a boat load for RG3. Right now they are simply in damage control mode, which is why Cousins wont start.