• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The SEC is back baby!!!!

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Lord... too much butt hurt over this :fish2: thread

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at people that think having two decent teams in a 14 team conferece makes a great conference.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at people that think having two decent teams in a 14 team conferece makes a great conference.

Hold on there folks;

LOL, The Big10 has Michigan, MSU(both out) and Wisconsin...Iowa was supposed to be good, but Tennessee, a middle of the road SEC team won that game. One certainly can't call Ohio State good; they lost to Penn State; TWICE. :laugh3: so one could make an argument that both conferences had 3 good teams and the rest, not so good. You generally see 2 or 3 teams do well and the rest, not so well. The PAC only had one team, Arizona and they lost to UCLA and Oregon in March, and then Wisconsin who was the 3rd best team in the Big10; so that team is good; just not excellent. Florida made short work of UCLA, so the PAC is definitely worse than the Big10 and the SEC. Florida had an easy run; Pitt, not very good, UCLA, not very good. It's Kentucky who took down the talent, beating Wichita, Louisville, and Michigan; the best team in the Big10.

Some of you folks just can't let it go as the two best conferences turned out to be the SEC and the big10. What are you going to say if both Kentucky and Florida both win as Kentucky lost 6 or so conference games and Florida had a bunch of close calls. If those teams are soooo bad, Kentucky and Florida should have run roughshod over all of them and that didn't happen.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol@ the 1 on 4 argument early on.

Solid thread

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hold on there folks;

LOL, The Big10 has Michigan, MSU(both out) and Wisconsin...Iowa was supposed to be good, but Tennessee, a middle of the road SEC team won that game. One certainly can't call Ohio State good; they lost to Penn State; TWICE. :laugh3: so one could make an argument that both conferences had 3 good teams and the rest, not so good. You generally see 2 or 3 teams do well and the rest, not so well. The PAC only had one team, Arizona and they lost to UCLA and Oregon in March, and then Wisconsin who was the 3rd best team in the Big10; so that team is good; just not excellent. Florida made short work of UCLA, so the PAC is definitely worse than the Big10 and the SEC. Florida had an easy run; Pitt, not very good, UCLA, not very good. It's Kentucky who took down the talent, beating Wichita, Louisville, and Michigan; the best team in the Big10.

Some of you folks just can't let it go as the two best conferences turned out to be the SEC and the big10. What are you going to say if both Kentucky and Florida both win as Kentucky lost 6 or so conference games and Florida had a bunch of close calls. If those teams are soooo bad, Kentucky and Florida should have run roughshod over all of them and that didn't happen.

Look at how many teams made the tournament in the sec compared to the other power conferences.

Sec is not deep. You would have to be an idiot to suggest it was.

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Kentucky who took down the talent, beating Wichita, Louisville, and Michigan; the best team in the Big10.

Well, as we all know: Calipari cheated and left 2 teams on probation; the refs were bought and paid for by Kentucky; the refs wouldn't call any fouls against UK.....UK didn't belong in the NCAA tourney, they bought their way in; the refs called tons of ticky tack fouls against the other teams...but none against UK.

Also: UK charged every time they penetrated, but {every time}it was called blocking against the other team.

And finally, at the start of the fall semester Ky bought every UK player a new BMW or Mercedes, +plus+ gave them a minimum of $3000 a week in spending money.

So in reality UK hasn't won a single game in the NCAA tourney and, Runeman for your information......all those teams you say UK took down....nah! It never happened! UK Cheated!

Last edited by a moderator:

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hold on there folks;

I honestly can't tell if you're trying to make fun of someone, or if you're actually serious. If you're serious, you're the cherry pickin'est, sharp shootin'est idiot on these boards. So I hope you're just trying to make fun of someone.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Kentucky for finishing well and going toe to toe with Michigan. Harrison's contested 3, to take the lead with 2.6 left, was as impressive a shot as one will see. UK still has work to do, imo, to prove the hype and preseason #1 ranking. They have now indeed turned it on, when it matters most, and very well may live up to their expectations.

I don't think anyone had Florida going the distance prior to this season after Michigan bounced their ass clear out of the gym in last year's Elite 8...except for some faithful homers. After losing to both UConn and Wisconsin, this season, they could really make a statement, but after a fairly easy run through conference play and the Tourney, they too have to prove their ranking, and why they've been labeled the favorite.

Tennessee was the 3rd best team (finished one game back from UK/UGA) and one of only three Southeastern Conference teams to make the NCAAs. Iowa collapsed at the end of the season but it still took OT to decide the victor between Tennessee and Iowa. Tennessee scratched and clawed their way into the S16 (after going down 15 points they made that game very interesting). It was a noteworthy run by a solid team.

For the rest of the SEC, well, not much can be said. 11 teams did not make the NCAAs and the few that made the NITs (I actually thought Mizzou looked good at times early in the season - the loss to Illinois was their first, but Illinois also appeared decent OOC) were all dropped early on.

Time for a big hoorah? :noidea:

Last edited by a moderator:

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly can't tell if you're trying to make fun of someone, or if you're actually serious. If you're serious, you're the cherry pickin'est, sharp shootin'est idiot on these boards. So I hope you're just trying to make fun of someone.

LOL...Trolly; you are a cool dude...a little of both...just like pickin my spots and watch them squirm. By the way; talked to Jonvi...family death; he will be back in a week.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...Trolly; you are a cool dude...a little of both...just like pickin my spots and watch them squirm. By the way; talked to Jonvi...family death; he will be back in a week.

Sorry to hear that for jonvi, but I'm glad he's okay.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, as we all know: Calipari cheated and left 2 teams on probation; the refs were bought and paid for by Kentucky; the refs wouldn't call any fouls against UK.....UK didn't belong in the NCAA tourney, they bought their way in; the refs called tons of ticky tack fouls against the other teams...but none against UK.

Also: UK charged every time they penetrated, but {every time}it was called blocking against the other team.

And finally, at the start of the fall semester Ky bought every UK player a new BMW or Mercedes, +plus+ gave them a minimum of $3000 a week in spending money.

So in reality UK hasn't won a single game in the NCAA tourney and, Runeman for your information......all those teams you say UK took down....nah! It never happened! UK Cheated!

Too funny Tango....there for awhile, it was down to you and me thinking the Cats had it going. Now the Cats really have it going; congrats on being the team that killed a lot of dreams from lessor opponents....You folks beat some quality teams.

It's amazing regarding " things" stated as fact...I love the 3K/week...where do I sign up. :lol:

Heard all the crying about the refs in Rick's pocket; Yada Yada...etc. Fact is, teams outside the SEC don't get how hard we bang. Even LSU would pummel most teams in the "leotard" conferences. Those guys can bang as well.

As far as fouls are concerned; every time Randle hit the boards; someone was on his back. No calls....and he didn't need any.....Man dealing with boys.

I think we see each other next Monday.....it's going to be epic. Florida inside guys are small but fit. Your boys are going to have to prove they have the right stuff to push us around. Your Randle does not get away with his inside strength against our Patric Young....Looking forward to this one. Hope it happens.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to hear that for jonvi, but I'm glad he's okay.

He's fine...just needs a little time. He will be back slammin the rest of us about the "Cuse" kicking all our asses. :lol: Nobody cooler than Jonvi.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's fine...just needs a little time. He will be back slammin the rest of us about the "Cuse" kicking all our asses. :lol: Nobody cooler than Jonvi.

Yeah, he is a good guy.

And considering he's the only one that agrees with any of your posts, I would say he's extremely tolerant as well. :suds:

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to hear about join's loss. I'm sure he will be back soon. Also, congrats on the win tango. And congrats to Runeman on Florida's win too. This is a good Final Four.

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to hear about join's loss. I'm sure he will be back soon. Also, congrats on the win tango. And congrats to Runeman on Florida's win too. This is a good Final Four.

Thanks douggie, You're both fair and "mostly":lol:objective as a fan...something we could stand more of.

Don't get me wrong..I enjoy all the posters, the homers, the flamers, the idiots, the intelligent, as well as the not so...sometimes the not so intelligent includes me too....but....

At the end of the day it's nice to talk to a fan of another team, who can be realistic and reasonable. A person who can get his point across without slamming it in your face. You fit that profile, keep it up!:suds:

gooooooogators

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SEC has taken a beaten all year from the media and the fans. Now look at us, 2 teams in the final 4 and could've easily been 3. Florida supposedly hadn't proven anything since they were in the SEC. Laughable notion now.

I will tell you this, I do NOT want Kentucky in the finals. We beat them 3 times this year, but that team has improved dramatically and they are rolling. I'd rather exact revenge on Wisconsin.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
xBa- err ArrogantBamaFan right now:

NqxQ707.gif